Unofficial Preview Anyway ... Cats vs Swannies for the big one 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonably confident we can overrun them if it’s close at HT. They looked out on their feet in the final 15-20 minutes and we’ve been a tremendous second half team all year. Their spread ahead of the ball is a big asset though and will be tricky to nullify, much like Collingwood. Think we have the tools in our arsenal to do so though, our second-tier mids have all stepped up enormously this season.

Will be cheering on from Buenos Aires. Go Cats!
What brings a Geelong supporter to Buenos Aires?

Will be staggered if there’s a blow-out either way. Sydney have matched well on us for ages, especially in the contest, have the defence to match our forwards and a dangerous forward line that is hard to curtail.

I think the last game and previous are almost irrelevant though due to the changes in game style and personnel. We have had the better form line so I think we pinch it, but not by much.

The proof for me is that we’ve both barely scraped over the line against Collingwood. That we were able to chase down a lead rather than (barely) hold onto one gives me confidence that we’ll come out on top.
I said last week on the AFL board to much chagrin, that Brisbane played their
grand final against Melbourne, and I was right. I think the Swans played theirs
today. Cats by 41 back it in.

One thing that 💩 me is hearing that Sydney will be tired and sore after tonight's game as it was a hard game...
We're talking about a professional athletes here, who has the best doctors, medicos, dietitians that is there job to get them to peak performance.... they will be fuel up and ready to go for the Grand Final
That doesn’t make a lot of sense, all is not always equal on any given day
and there are many factors that leave a side tired. Historically, it has
happened so many times it would be hard to keep count.

I actually think we play worse against teams that bring in unconventional forwards or setups due to injury. Sydneys leg speed could be a big issue for us - especially without Holmes. Going to be a tough game IMO - Sydney play the MCG well and knocked out Melbourne easily there. We also have been slapped by the Swans there in recent times.
Didn't we smash the swans in our last game at the mcg?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between his best and worst is a chasm. He was good last night. If we get that version we are set. Hickey is a very underrated and much improved ruck. Quite an intelligent player. He’s no pushover.
In Rhys we trust, he will do the job. I imagine he'd like to play in a premiership team.

Buddy will come out like he's been on ice in the first 20 minutes weather that storm don't get sucked in to his bullshit it's designed to to put you off your game and fire up his team Ignore it and he has little else these days.Cats comfortably in the end.
Yeah he has turned into a an A Grade w***er with all his posturing.

I woke up this morning as bullish about a Geelong Premiership than I’ve had in my entire life. I really think our side is as well balanced as any Geelong side in my lifetime, maybe a little less on star power but we play a system and plan that is made for winning big finals at the MCG, pace, flair, run & carry, intercept marking, excellent one on one football and the ability to take it up a gear when the pressure is on, absorb it and make the opponents pay on the counterattack.

Can’t wait for Saturday and if we play to our strengths and our gameplan we’ll win and win well!

GO CATTERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back