Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We were pretty close, so it was more of a chat. He was pretty happy to chat to my friend and I. Smiling and all. He even asked us to grab the footballs. They don't mind at all. Even chatted to Mayne and Bianco while they were talking. Even to a few of the other boys. Ruscoe and Maynard, asked if De Goey was okay.
Did they say how De Goey is? Hope it’s just managing

Maynard was like... "He's okay, he's inside." And Ruscoe had no idea where he was lol

Wouldn't mind some of your thoughts on Ruscoe actually Jen, you've probably got to see a lot more of him at training then a lot of us.

Didn't know a lot about him in his draft year, so would love some of your insight from what you've seen at training over the last few months.

Wouldn't mind some of your thoughts on Ruscoe actually Jen, you've probably got to see a lot more of him at training then a lot of us.

Didn't know a lot about him in his draft year, so would love some of your insight from what you've seen at training over the last few months.
I too, didn't know really anything about him in his draft year. But from what I have seen, especially recent, he is going to be quite the player. Whether its in defense, or wherever he wants to play. He can play midfield, back, forward. Believe he has done all three U18. He is also taller than I thought he was. He is Howe's size at this point, and now sprucing a haircut that now looks like an AFL player.
Long way to go, but he has time on his side. But has come a long way since that first day of pre-season.

Eta Screenshot_20200601-152431_Instagram.jpeg

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I too, didn't know really anything about him in his draft year. But from what I have seen, especially recent, he is going to be quite the player. Whether its in defense, or wherever he wants to play. He can play midfield, back, forward. Believe he has done all three U18. He is also taller than I thought he was. He is Howe's size at this point, and now sprucing a haircut that now looks like an AFL player.
Long way to go, but he has time on his side. But has come a long way since that first day of pre-season.

Thanks Jen! As ever appreciate your updates and insights, didn't manage to get to as much training early in the year as I usually do, so your updates (and Apples) have been fantastic.

Very glad to hear that the young fella is tracking well, could be another great, late Collingwood selection like Swan, Goldsack and others before him.

Thanks Jen! As ever appreciate your updates and insights, didn't manage to get to as much training early in the year as I usually do, so your updates (and Apples) have been fantastic.

Very glad to hear that the young fella is tracking well, could be another great, late Collingwood selection like Swan, Goldsack and others before him.
Our late picks were underrated, I think we'll find they'll be gems in the end. You're welcome. I do my best to provide some insights into training, since I live close by it gives me a chance to see some footy related activities.

Written by a regular track watcher called Nigel who posts on Facebook...

It was a balmy 9 degrees at Monday's training session. But at least the rain stopped precisely at 9.30am and resumed at 11.50am just as the session finished, so that was handy. There was a nice chilly breeze as well. There were a few players missing today. De Goey, Scharenberg, Chris Mayne, Trent Bianco, Mason Cox, Darcy Moore and Ben Reid. De Goey did well in the game on Friday and I would think he is just being managed. After a long warm up the players split up into separate groups for forwards, mids and backs and did quick hand balling in tight groups and some quick short kicking in tight areas. Basically keepings off. The mids did more of the set play drills. Lynden Dunn, Daicos, John Noble and Darcy Moore didn't do those drills. They just did a lot of running over 120m. Darcy then left the ground and didn't reappear. He didn't seem to have anything wrong though. Just managing him I would think. Dunn, Daicos and Noble then joined in the rest of the drills including a short practice game. Tom Langdon was on the ground for 1/2 hour. Nothing really strenuous though. He actually joined in one of the short kicking drills and then returned to the rooms. Adam Treloar and Levi Greenwood came onto the ground with a physio and did some supervised running at 3/4 pace over 100m. It was all straight line running though, so obviously taking things easy with their rehab. Mayne and Bianco came onto the ground late in the session and just walked a couple of laps. Both looked sore. Mayne with his lower back and hip and Bianco with a shoulder injury, both received the injuries in a pretty physical match simulation on Friday. Hopefully Mayne will be ready for Rd2. Trey Ruscoe spent quite some time before the match sim doing one on one marking contests with Jack Crisp and competed well. He is a good size and looks to be a good prospect for the future. Darcy Cameron was doing a lot of 1 on 1 overhead marking contests with Jordan Roughead and he competed well too. He also did a lot of ruck work against Grundy and competed well there too. He would have to be a chance to play with Reid out and Mason Cox doubtful. The match simulation was not the normal that we see probably because of the lack of numbers on the ground. They started with the ball at around the 50m line. I think the idea was to get the forwards to hold the ball in the forward line as long as possible and when the backs finally cleared the ball, they moved to the other end of the ground and started the game over again. That game went for about 3/4 hour and it was pretty well non stop. There were no real standouts in the game, but Tim Broomhead had a terrific snap for goal from about 35m. Jamie Elliott was very lively down forward. The session finished with most of the players having shots on goal for about 15 minutes. A few set shots, but mostly snaps on the move around the body. Let's hope most of the players missing today can get back to training on Wednesday and Friday so we can have close to a full squad to pick from. Go Pies. 💪💪💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our late picks were underrated, I think we'll find they'll be gems in the end. You're welcome. I do my best to provide some insights into training, since I live close by it gives me a chance to see some footy related activities.
Your updates are very much appreciated. They should name a forward pocket after you. All in favor......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back