Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

More about the Irish Bloke is Back Training so Tohill and Keane be back
McKenna is a resident, so he flew back earlier than our boys. Think Keane and Tohil prob have 1 more week. They got back last saturday, so by monday week they should be back training

Looking at Jen's Twitter I would assume it's possibly not a contact session today? Given that a few are walking and running laps, a few missing. I think with only 2 contact sessions permitted per week, they would want as many participating as possible.

I can't even remember how we handle a Thursday night game.

Light run the Wednesday morning. Main session Tuesday. Do they train Sunday this weekend?

Boys are training 6pm Thursday night to prepare for next Thursday night game. From what I’ve read on Twitter. Wonder how we will fit in 2 full contact sessions this week... light session today, full contact tomorrow and then Thursday? Not sure. If some players are missing today due to it not being full contact, then I can breathe easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys are training 6pm Thursday night to prepare for next Thursday night game. From what I’ve read on Twitter. Wonder how we will fit in 2 full contact sessions this week... light session today, full contact tomorrow and then Thursday? Not sure. If some players are missing today due to it not being full contact, then I can breathe easy.

Tomorrow and Thursday would make perfect sense, as would the night training session. I like it. That is of course assuming that today was not a contact session after all.

Today's session was a tad strange. I wasn't sure what to expect.

No shows: De Goey, Scharenberg, Cox.
Players that did minimal things: Bianco, Treloar, Greenwood, Mayne (they were either walking around the ground or running --< Greenwood/Treloar
Langdon participated in some drills, then went inside.
Moore did a small amount of running then went into with a trainer. Sanderson claims he is fine.

It was probably light compared to Friday. They were in groups doing rotations and drills with handballs, groundballs.
Half way through, they did a half full ground session. But wasn't intense by any standard. Maybe they wanted to start off light given friday was pretty tough.

They ended with Goal kicking. My friend and I had about 3-4 balls thrown over our heads haha. Passed some back to them over the fence.

Appleby seemed to be back in full training, he participated in it all. So whatever he had, he seems to have recovered.

Dunn, Daicos, Noble did their own thing, then joined in with the rest during the drills/full ground.

How is Greenwood with his knee? Was jogging with Treloar today and obviously had that calf issue but could he play in the next few rounds? Hopefully he’s out there soon.

How is Greenwood with his knee? Was jogging with Treloar today and obviously had that calf issue but could he play in the next few rounds? Hopefully he’s out there soon.
He had previously been walking the tan, but seeing him out there running was good signs. Hopefully he ramps up soon enough. He was in good nick pre the calf.

Today's session was a tad strange. I wasn't sure what to expect.

No shows: De Goey, Scharenberg, Cox.
Players that did minimal things: Bianco, Treloar, Greenwood, Mayne (they were either walking around the ground or running --< Greenwood/Treloar
Langdon participated in some drills, then went inside.
Moore did a small amount of running then went into with a trainer. Sanderson claims he is fine.

It was probably light compared to Friday. They were in groups doing rotations and drills with handballs, groundballs.
Half way through, they did a half full ground session. But wasn't intense by any standard. Maybe they wanted to start off light given friday was pretty tough.

They ended with Goal kicking. My friend and I had about 3-4 balls thrown over our heads haha. Passed some back to them over the fence.

Appleby seemed to be back in full training, he participated in it all. So whatever he had, he seems to have recovered.

Dunn, Daicos, Noble did their own thing, then joined in with the rest during the drills/full ground.

When you say Sanderson says they're fine, is that from yelling over the fence and asking the question? Either way they'd be pretty happy you're there if you're being useful by giving the balls back!

When you say Sanderson says they're fine, is that from yelling over the fence and asking the question? Either way they'd be pretty happy you're there if you're being useful by giving the balls back!
We were pretty close, so it was more of a chat. He was pretty happy to chat to my friend and I. Smiling and all. He even asked us to grab the footballs. They don't mind at all. Even chatted to Mayne and Bianco while they were talking. Even to a few of the other boys. Ruscoe and Maynard, asked if De Goey was okay.

We were pretty close, so it was more of a chat. He was pretty happy to chat to my friend and I. Smiling and all. He even asked us to grab the footballs. They don't mind at all. Even chatted to Mayne and Bianco while they were talking. Even to a few of the other boys. Ruscoe and Maynard, asked if De Goey was okay.
I gather this all took place before the weather turned feral.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back