Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Their fans make a lot of unwise investments

It’s endlessly hilarious that Carlton supporters blaming injuries for their plight don’t actually realise they’re unintentionally calling their 6 best players sh*t lol

Cripps
Weitering
McKay
Curnow
Walsh
Acres
McGovern
De Koning
Pittonet

Aaaaallll playing

If you took the equivalent Collingwood players from our injury list out of Carlton right now they’d be getting belted by 70 each week

Both extraordinary in year 1. But i tend to agree that Reid is even more extraordinary - he's winning clearances and just shrugging senior mids off and taking speckies. What a player.

Nick’s the consummate professional and has gone from strength to strength since, including that 40 and 3 game against Adelaide, performing throughout the entire 2023 season, finals, and a flag, and now building into a scary 2024 campaign. His trajectory was steep and continuous.

But at 10 rounds into their careers, Harley’s better.

It’s endlessly hilarious that Carlton supporters blaming injuries for their plight don’t actually realise they’re unintentionally calling their 6 best players sh*t lol

Cripps
Weitering
McKay
Curnow
Walsh
Acres
McGovern
De Koning
Pittonet

Aaaaallll playing

If you took the equivalent Collingwood players from our injury list out of Carlton right now they’d be getting belted by 70 each week

Of course our missing players are premiership champions, whereas theirs are pampered paper tigers. Incomparable.

Do you think Reid was best on today? I have him behind multiple Eagles.

Nick was consensus best on in R4 2022 for us.

Is that relevant? I’m comparing the impact of the two players, not comparing each to their own teammates. He will get votes in a team who from 16th or so just embarrassed a top four side.

Is that relevant? I’m comparing the impact of the two players, not comparing each to their own teammates. He will get votes in a team who from 16th or so just embarrassed a top four side.
And I’m saying that Nick’s impact was greater. I prefer his incisive ball use, IQ, accumulation & repeat efforts over the (admittedly more eye catching) contested strength and high marking of Reid.

It will be grand when they’re in the same midfield in 2028.

Hard to believe we were just a kick away from 2 upsets and ending the round in the top 4.

The bloody Hawks finding a way to stick it to us is so like those bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, this is turning into our own version of the "Can Nick be the GOAT" thread on the main board!!

Nick & Reid will be exchanging BOGs for the next 10 years - sit back and enjoy.
Rankin is taking a bit longer, but I think he'll hit similar heights too. A few wow kids around. It'll be fun to watch.

Since we’re doing Reid vs Nick and personally, I think they’re both going to end their careers in 10 yrs time with many accolades against their names.

But who would you pick- Reid on an upward trajectory or Cousins at his peek?

Melbourne’s poor pre-season, the problems with Oliver and Smith, and other rumours about the club which refuse to go away - today’s result is what happens when bad culture and poor choices catch up with you.

They have denied and tried to gloss over their problems, but in truth they have wasted the talent that got them the 2021 flag.

You don’t think he’s gone past him this year.
It’s al about the now, not the past.
Jordy has certainly had a slower start to 2024 than we expected. But let’s be real, Reid has had over 20 disposals twice. He has some very impressive moments, and had a fantastic match today, but people are getting a little over-excited. Gone past De Goey? Cmon. He will one day, but certainly not yet.

What a weekend of footy. If Port lost today, it could have been one of the greatest
Happy for Port to win. We've got the Hawks 2nd rounder, so we want them to lose and Port haven't got it, they're not going to keep us out of top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back