Racing April Daily Punt- To The Swamps O' Randwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the biggest shitshows I've ever seen today.

If you were anywhere near profit you've done well.

Won a fair bit on Seabrook which got me out the s**t, cheers Oliver for that peach! :D
backed Anatola, and lots of 2nd's. could've been a rip snorter of a day.
Tangled, Keen Array, Viddora. far out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it injured or just decided that was enough
it looks like it saw something to the side and decided to investigate.

Reminds me of a story a mate told me about the Greyhounds which happened in the 70s, His uncle had a star greyhound who was having his first start and they thought it was going to be a superstar, they backed it in from 20s to 6/4 back in the day when there was heaps of bookies on the track, dog was leading by about 10 lengths into the straight, had a heart attack with about 20 meters to go and slid to about 2 yards of the post still in front but never finished!!

i heard his interview this morning. The guy is a hero.
To be fair, I imagine 40 odd million doesn't quite mean the same to him as us normal folk, but the kind of people who have that kind of money tend to be the ones that don't like letting it go. We need more owners who actually love the sport as opposed to what the horses can do for them.

On a related note, as much as the Everest is a shallow project, it looks like it might have the potential to keep star colts in work.

To be fair, I imagine 40 odd million doesn't quite mean the same to him as us normal folk, but the kind of people who have that kind of money tend to be the ones that don't like letting it go. We need more owners who actually love the sport as opposed to what the horses can do for them.

On a related note, as much as the Everest is a shallow project, it looks like it might have the potential to keep star colts in work.
I very much doubt it. I don't think even the most generous billionaire would give 40 mill away. In the end he has won 3 group 1s already, i cannot imagine how his value would go down because if he fails badly once it would be retirement straight away.
lets face it. The Breeding industry has royally rooted good horse racing up the rear end

Yeah I hope for racing's sake Gerald Ryan can actually keep the horse performing.

Was happy to see him back up his huge TJ effort with another win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back