Racing April Daily Punt: The Championswamps 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I have the replay available and its nothing to do with the track - looks like the horse just carries itself onto the horse in front of its heels - nothing any of the riders could have done about it on this occasion (apart from riding less tight as Jug says) but certainly hard to see how the track is to blame.

I have the replay available and its nothing to do with the track - looks like the horse just carries itself onto the horse in front of its heels - nothing any of the riders could have done about it on this occasion (apart from riding less tight as Jug says) but certainly hard to see how the track is to blame.
The first horse was free with nothing around it?

Yuck. That's horrible. It's very easy to forget how fearless these guys & gals are doing what they do each day in sport where the line is so fine. RIP.

Appalling that Murdoch Media won’t take down the footage of the fall, in reality shouldnt have ever been uo

We let our standards drop. I watched the race as I had a bet on the runner up. I had a sinking feeling he wasnt going to survive that fall . Gutted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, jockeys earn every cent they make. The hours they keep, the weight management, the stress. The weight differential between them and the horse, it’s insane when you give yourself a moment to think about it.
Vale Deano.

Appalling that Murdoch Media won’t take down the footage of the fall, in reality shouldnt have ever been uo

We let our standards drop. I watched the race as I had a bet on the runner up. I had a sinking feeling he wasnt going to survive that fall . Gutted
I saw it in real time and never need to see it again. Just horrifying.

I saw it in real time and never need to see it again. Just horrifying.

Yeah same here but Murdoch Media fills my Twitter feed and couldn escape it. They finally removed it some 90 minutes later atleast :(

Whole day has me feeling very flat about the horse racing in general. Just feels very unnecessary and annoying if that makes sense. Its just not a way to go

Just horrific, and the worst thing is this is starting to become frequent. That poor kid i think he was from japan died in NZ only a few months ago, and that female jockey from SA, and we’re only talking months ago.

Like any job, there is always risk involved, but this is far past problematic. I don’t know what the answer is, but racing needs to do it’s best to address them quickly. What a sad day..
Feel for his whole family and kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back