Are you the "BIG FOOTY CROWD EXPERT"???

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by noddy

if it means another premiership or 2 "bring it on";)

and he would help there.......but I think a couple of East Coast clubs are in the front running and I doubt he would like the media attention players get in Adelaide...........

PS......if you want us to do something if you get the closest crowd figure surely you are prepared to do something if you don't.........I think Vi's idea sounds good.........except you can wear clothes as well.........we wouldn't want you covered in Whyalla's dust.......:D

thought this was interesting on the ABC News......

Port Adelaide leave door open for Carey talks

Port Adelaide has not ruled out the possibility of talking with former Kangaroos captain Wayne Carey about his playing future.

Carey is on the market after resigning from the 'Roos on the eve of the season-opening match.

The Adelaide Crows are one of several clubs declaring their interest in signing Carey.

And while Port coach Mark Williams says discussions are not on the agenda at the moment, they may be later on.

"Right at the moment we are not considering it, but, you know, we may," he said.

"We may talk about it later on but right now our number one focus is winning games this week."

Originally posted by sapaul

Noddy, didn't you read bloodblister's opening on this thread?He said Port supporters, he'll do his nut again.

If u only came to this board to post rubbish, rack off there is a Board for that kinda of nonsense elsewhere, it is called the Adelaide Board:D

My tip is 28, 952 punters watching the Power ecclipse the Dees :cool:

49 off. Actually I was quite surprised by the crowd. Like some of us said it was the first footy for a month and that must have counted for something. But when the weather turned I thought we may get only 22,000. The terraces certainly looked like it. A lot of people were standing out of the rain, though.
But a good attendance. And a great game. Three wins by under a goal so far this year shows our strength of character.

:D :D :D

mic!!! Congratulations, not a bad effort, Results will be posted later on. I actually thought it was a great crowd considering the weather, the crows got a similar crowd against Stkilda in similar conditions a few weeks ago. It may have looked vacant on TV but the shelters were packed, the outer fans were trying to stay dry, I have still got wet socks, went to the lakes for a few after, won $70 on the pokies so came out even. Who says it costs too much to go to the footy:D :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still another 3 home games to go,though. You're right, Floodbuster, it ws a great crowd. And considering the Cows draw their supporters from more of SA than us, we can see who have the more loyal supporters. And we have the media against us. Mark Aiston on 10 was saying it was teeming down. Well, why do I only have 1 wet sock and my trousers, not jeans, came through relatively unscathed. And I never felt it necessary to leave my seat. Could it be that commentators are trying to drive our footy supporters away from the game and to the television?

Next crowd will be interesting, different kind of game and not the first back. Hope the weather holds.

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
mic!!! I actually thought it was a great crowd considering the weather, the crows got a similar crowd against Stkilda in similar conditions a few weeks ago.

You are very wrong buster, crows had 10,000 more than the paps had last night but doe's it really mean that much any way,

How about having the same comp next week ??

Originally posted by noddy
Originally posted by The Floodbuster
mic!!! I actually thought it was a great crowd considering the weather, the crows got a similar crowd against Stkilda in similar conditions a few weeks ago.

You are very wrong buster, crows had 10,000 more than the paps had last night but doe's it really mean that much any way,

How about having the same comp next week ??

You seem to think it means something or why post at all? And don't try to give us your Cows bulls***. The St Kilda crowd was 29,875. Please note that this is from the "Inside Football" magazine and is not a figure plucked out of my hat, as yours' obviously is.

Originally posted by mic59

You seem to think it means something or why post at all? And don't try to give us your Cows bulls***. The St Kilda crowd was 29,875. Please note that this is from the "Inside Football" magazine and is not a figure plucked out of my hat, as yours' obviously is.

What's a thousand or 2 between friends ;) ;)

Noddy 4000 extra u guys had, If u wanna see next week who wins, we will see if we can beat your 29000 from the saints game a couple of weeks ago since we play the saints next week.

Originally posted by Eago77
25,283 IIRC. Not 100% sure though forgot to write it down!

Would've been 25,284 had I not had to attend my school formal... (I was getting score updates every 15 minutes :p :p)

Anyway, moving onto this weeks game against St Kilda, I'd say we'd get around about the same, except good weather may see us get 27,890... but then again, I haven't checked the weather forecasts.

Time for a stab at the St Kilda game. I know I don't have to do it till 11.00am but I'm afraid I'll forget to do it if I leave it late.
With 3 definite non-starters and at least 2 questionable some people may stay away. But I doubt if it would be for that reason. I was worried about the weather last week but I was surprised how resilient our supporters are. Again I would say the only minus would be St Kilda's pulling power. I know they're better than the Tigers and we got over 25,000 there but everyone likes to see us thrash the Tigers.
But second week back after 3 on the road should mean a better turnout than expected. And some of St Kilda's have had a good write-up in the press, especially Riewoldt.
Day of the match. Sunny but freezing. My hat blew off in the wind. Cold and wind tend to be the things that keep crowds down. I'll say 24,945.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back