Are you the "BIG FOOTY CROWD EXPERT"???

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ThePowerFromPort.com
25,789. Rain and hail forecast for tomorrow plus 13 degrees, so I think people will stay away.

Even with the crowd-pulling power of St Kilda? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Portoholic
I predict 23679 minus the powerfromport family that makes it.

23675 :D

Looks like you won Portoholic. Could have been one extra in the crowd if you had given me that lift. ;)

Next home game is Crows. Should be a sell-out, although not everyone turns up. Last Port home game v Adelaide drew a record 49,846.

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
I think we will also beat our own Showdown record from last year, something you guys failed to do this year:p :p :p

There's only one reason why the PAPS have such crowds at their home showdown games & that is because of all the thousands of crow supporters buying tickets to the game,
it looks like 60/40 on tv so you guys should be grateful to the crow fans for turning up,

ps, it looks like i to will be coming down to this showdown thanks to a good freind of mine who just happens to be a PAP head, ;)

Port hold the AFL Crowd Record at Football Park, If it is our home game it is our record. With or without Crows fans there, Port Adelaide is in charge of the gate takings and honours of the Crowd figures.

Originally posted by noddy

it looks like 60/40 on tv so you guys should be grateful to the crow fans for turning up,

And here's a tip I learnt from "The Curiosity Show".
Colours in the rainbow, e.g. those on the Fruit Tingles jumpers will always appear to take up more area than black or white.

So what it looks like on the TV makes no difference.

:D :D :D

Originally posted by mic59

Colours in the rainbow, e.g. those on the Fruit Tingles jumpers will always appear to take up more area than black or white.

Good old Dean Hutton.

Another point it may look 60/40 but it sounds 20/80, especially after 3/4 time when most of the cows supporters have left to 'beat the rush'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mic59

umm, yea right oh mic59 what ever you say,
curiosity show! might have to think about that one:rolleyes:

Just remembered about this thread. It's going to be a bit difficult to get near the exact crowd figure, when you expect the crowd to be around 50,000 getting within 3000 of the correct number is a good effort. The last two have been short of 50,000 and even though this one is touted as a sellout I'm not sure if it will be much better. With AAMI Stadium having a set capacity and some season ticket holders likely to miss for one reason or another the real maximum crowd would be closer to 51,000. And I don't think we'll get there yet. In fact with Ports' form over the last few games I don't think we'll get 49,000. So I'll tip what is still a very good crowd, 48,500.

BTW, Port supporters only compete in this thread.

There is more likely to be more ppl at this game as it is a Port home game, because Port have less season ticket holders thefore less no-shows. Most people who buy daily tickets usually go and because there was more of these available, more should turn up. That is why it took longer to sell out.

So i'm tipping 48-51 thousand!

Originally posted by PrideofSA
Hopefully there are still more Crows supporters at the game though!

There may be more at the START of the game but come the END, it will be a different story if recent showdowns are anything to go by. Anyway we will be making all the noise, especially with all our "thunder stick's", shame that the things that most cow supporters bring to the game don't make much noise (Thermos & scones);) .

Originally posted by PrideofSA
Gees dude! Why are you so negative towards the Crows!

Not negative, more realistic;) :D .

Now lets leave this thread alone as it is for tipping the crowd, not for me and you to trade insults no matter how much fun that is.

By the way recent showdown have been close (both 8 points) so no one left early considering the result has only certain within 2 or 3 minutes of the finish!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back