Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

stockpiling some cut and pastes so I can fire off quick sticks tonight:

you're a diving clown, ginnivan

anyone going to stand elliot any time soon?

that went nowhere near touching the post

does that fritsch dude ever miss?

cox needing wipers on the specs

pies play like this next week we are in a pf

stockpiling some cut and pastes so I can fire off quick sticks tonight:

you're a diving clown, ginnivan

anyone going to stand elliot any time soon?

that went nowhere near touching the post

does that fritsch dude ever miss?

cox needing wipers on the specs

pies play like this next week we are in a pf
This is like some kind of footy bingo.

Wonder if I could squeeze all these in in one game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a 20 year old post on BF:

Carringbush was a make believe name, let me expalin for those who dont know about the history of well know collingwood identity John wren who rose to infamy pre war. Frank Hardy wrote a book called power without glory detailing the life story of john wren and his tea shop come betting shop in collingwood as well as a marital indescretion concerning mrs wren which in those days as was scandal at its best.

Also alegations of caulfield cup rigging and suburban thuggery so the author in fear of being sued for libel had to change all names in the book relating to all people in the story, therefor John wren became jack west, collingwood became carringbush archbishop mannix became archbishop malone and so on and so on.

Any one intersted in collingwood pre war depression days should try and obtain the book as it is indeed most fascinating reading.

It is well know that john wren would go down to the collingwood dressing rooms after a victory and shake players hands with a pound note or two.

I would prefer to see the filth lose tonight.

Of course beating them in a GF would be awesome but there is the chance of us not getting over everyone else.

If we beat the swans which I am confident of to get the chance to face off against the filth at the MCG next week would be so exciting.

Also imagine how wobbly they are gunna get, facing a straight set dumping from the top of the table where they sat for most of the year!!!!

Go Dees!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would prefer to see the filth lose tonight.

Of course beating them in a GF would be awesome but there is the chance of us not getting over everyone else.

If we beat the swans which I am confident of to get the chance to face off against the filth at the MCG next week would be so exciting.

Also imagine how wobbly they are gunna get, facing a straight set dumping from the top of the table where they sat for most of the year!!!!

Go Dees!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's more than just a chance we don't make it to the GF, we are much more likely not to make it than make it. If we play like we did through our 9 game win streak we can beat anybody, but we are very inexperienced in finals.

I will be cheering hard for Melbourne tonight. If it's not us winning the flag then my next primary desire is for anybody other than Collingwood to be the premier. The winner of the match tonight will be sitting pretty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back