Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point.
We had God
Then we had his son.
His son is about to retire.
But we have a great chance to lure JC from GWS.
Always something to look forward to.
The father is a complete nutcase, OT style. The son is a more tame variety of nut in the NT mould.

At Essendon, our nuts should be seen and not Hird.

The father is a complete nutcase, OT style. The son is a more tame variety of nut in the NT mould.

At Essendon, our nuts should be seen and not Hird.
Senior is nothing like OT
Junior is a great ambassador for Christians in sport.
Hird could benefit from prayer.

None of my offspring, my wife and I have any interest in politics at all, so I bombed out there.
Australian politics is so boring. Australian church is boring too.

My favourite bible scene comes from pulp fiction. If you guys make church badass, I'll be interested.

I want to hear about god going on a rampage smoting left and right. When kids make fun of a badass bald man, he calls out mother******* bears to mall those disrespectful little campaigners. That type of s**t makes me want to barrack for god.

This dumb lovey-dovey s**t doesn't do it for me. I wanna see the great man have his elbows out ******* people up just like senior used to do.

My favourite bible scene comes from pulp fiction. If you guys make church badass, I'll be interested.

I want to hear about god going on a rampage smoting left and right. When kids make fun of a badass bald man, he calls out mother******* bears to mall those disrespectful little campaigners. That type of sh*t makes me want to barrack for god.

This dumb lovey-dovey sh*t doesn't do it for me. I wanna see the great man have his elbows out ******* people up just like senior used to do.
Joshua's rampage through Canaan was fun, kinda.

I want to hear about god going on a rampage smoting left and right. When kids make fun of a badass bald man, he calls out mother******* bears to mall those disrespectful little campaigners. That type of sh*t makes me want to barrack for god.

This dumb lovey-dovey sh*t doesn't do it for me. I wanna see the great man have his elbows out ******* people up just like senior used to do.

Maul. Unless you want them hanging out at shops?

Maul. Unless you want them hanging out at shops?
I don't use the word mall unless my spelling goes to s**t when I'm getting carried away envisaging a good mauling of kids. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Badass god is my favourite fictional horror villain. God vs Jason would be a battle for the ages.

I am happy that we have arguably seen at our club the GOAT in Senior, to be followed by Junior, who many argue is the GOAT.
There are King and Lethal fan objections to these 2, but so what, what an argument.

I am happy that we have arguably seen at our club the GOAT in Senior, to be followed by Junior, who many argue is the GOAT.
There are King and Lethal fan objections to these 2, but so what, what an argument.
I didn't see enough of lethal to make a judgement about his place in the list.

As much as I've enjoyed the work of god and his son, Carey is king above both.

I didn't see enough of lethal to make a judgement about his place in the list.

As much as I've enjoyed the work of god and his son, Carey is king above both.
I always have God above the King, as I would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An imaginary supreme being vs a real supreme being. It's not surprising to see you choose fiction. ;)
I witnessed myself so many lost sheep flocking to the Stadium to see The Great Man Himself, and they were not just the blue and white sheep. Even on metro donkeys on the way to the stadium, there was talk about what the Great Man was about to do. When he was finally stationed as a full time FF, he kicked 120+ goals consecutively 3 seasons in a row, starting at the crazy age of 32. Even in the year that was, 1993, he missed 5 games on his way to that tally.
No, there was never a Saviour like him, never will be. Pity he was never able to get his accomplices to rise to the occasion to help us get that Holy Grail.

Last edited:
I witnessed myself so many lost sheep flocking to the Stadium to see The Great Man Himself, and they were not just the blue and white sheep. Even on metro donkeys on the way to the stadium, there was talk about what the Great Man was about to do. When he was finally stationed as a full time FF, he kicked 120+ goals consecutively 3 seasons in a row, starting at the crazy age of 32. Even in the year that was, 1993, he missed 4 games on his way to that tally.
No, there was never a Saviour like him, never will be. Pity he was never able to get his accomplices to rise to the occasion to help us get that Holy Grail.
He was an eccentric genius and you can see that he's still a bit different. It's good to see him looking healthy these days.

Paul Salmon and the great man had a shootout at the G in 1993 on the way to an Essendon flag.

I find it hard to separate Ablett, Lockett and Dunstall. Having three great FF's play at once was a...dare I say it...blessing.

He was an eccentric genius and you can see that he's still a bit different. It's good to see him looking healthy these days.

Paul Salmon and the great man had a shootout at the G in 1993 on the way to an Essendon flag.

I find it hard to separate Ablett, Lockett and Dunstall. Having three great FF's play at once was a...dare I say it...blessing.
The beauty of the Ablett genius was that he was not just a FF. That was very late in his career. He had been BOG in multiple positions- wing, hbf, hff; he was exceptionally quick when he started out. Goal OTY, Mark OTY, Bump OTY. Yes, his highlights package goes for multiple hours.

Most of the Christians who post here regularly support successful clubs like Richmond and Geelong while the atheists support shitty clubs like Essendon and Carlton.

The ones in the middle support Port Adelaide, we are somewhere in between Richmond/Geelong and Essendon/Carlton :p

Wasn't the first testament 'badass'? Maybe read that if you're so inclined?

I don't regard anyone who attends Hillsong as genuine Christians. It's a money making enterprise led by a dodgy leader who, as I understand it, has no recognised theological qualifications. And genuine believers aren't supposed to be dissemblers, divisive, betrayers who display little practical interest in the poor and less fortunate.

As for Pence. This covers it.

I don't really want to get into a debate about other stuff on this board because quite frankly I'm too dumb to understand a lot of it.

But while I am VERY skeptical when it comes to an organisation like Hillsong, faith is a very personal thing and I don't think anyone can fully make that assessment themselves without knowing the person they're assessing. I think a lot of the people who ascribe to Hillsong are materialistic, vain, and seeking to gain some sort of financial gain from attaching themselves to a church that is well known for it's financial clout. There are also some very questionable people that have been involved with the place. On the flipside I have a family member who studied the Bible at the college there, I have met personally some of the people who are employed there and others who simply turn up on a Sunday and worship.

They are genuine Christians and they DO take an interest in others and their wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back