Assassins Creed Chronicles/Rate the Assassins Creed games/Rumours of Egypt based game

Remove this Banner Ad

AC:1
AC:2
AC:B
AC:R

Gap

AC:3

Massive gap

AC:Unity

Another large gap

AC:Black Flag

The first four I played were terrific, loved them all, the storyline was interesting, especially no.1, I was so into it and no.2 had me wanting more. Desmond's story was also great.

Black Flag and Unity were s**t, just plain s**t, I could only play 10 minutes of each before turning off the console, just didn't interest me at all and as much as I love the settings and such for the AC games I think I'm over them, they're out every year and it's lost it's touch, it's become like COD.

Now confirmed that we won't see a proper AC game released this year. Looks like they are spending the time to fix the problems and to refresh the series.

Good move.

Smart move, had to happen really. Having said that, I just completed Syndicate and was pleasantly surprised after the rubbish that was 3, Black Flag and Unity. Really liked the larger scale Hitman style assassination missions.

You didn't like Black Flag?

Rubbish was perhaps a bit harsh, I did love the concept and setting (an open world pirate game was like a dream come true) but the core gameplay was just filled with the same frustrating eavesdropping/tailing missions. The naval battles while fun at first just became tedious eventually and I never had the patience to finish it.

I actually didn't mind Unity. It'd still be lower down on the list of AC games, but I didn't mind it. Arno, as a protagonist was average, but I thought it was a really cool time period to explore. Syndicate, while being a better game (with much better protagonists), felt a lot less chaotic and more bland as far as the setting goes. The French Revolution was far more interesting than the Industrial Revolution! Mind you, I think Syndicate would have been a lot worse if it was centered around only one of Evie or Jacob!

For me, AC3 was the worst. I agree with giggler99, Connor was meh and the biggest redeeming factor was the badass tomahawk!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be mad to pass up that Syndicate at $67. Unity for $20 I dont think is terrible value, its how much I payed for mine.

Is Syndicate worth buying for someone that absolutely loved Black Flag? I skipped Unity.

EB have the Charing Cross Edition (statue and stuff) for $67.

Also how bad is Unity? Big W have it for $20.

It obviously doesn't have any pirates but Syndicate has the best traditional gameplay in the series. Unity is worth getting for $20; Paris is perhaps the best realised city in the entire series.

Yeah the Syndicate special edition for that price is a no brainer; well worth it. Provided you do your best to 100% synch the story missions as you go along (very easy) it's an easy platinum too and I know you're a bit of a trophy hunter.

Unity for $20 is probably worth a play but don't be expecting anything amazing. I suggest you play through it first though...will feel like an enormous drop if you play Syndicate first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back