Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called out Utah as BS a few pre seasons back and was howled down; it’s probably in here somewhere, should go looking...

well there you go...

well there you go...

Lol GG getting fired up

Remember his top age year games in the VFL?

Would get it loping into the forward half and boom long goals like Birchall or King.

What happened indeed?
Poor recruiting in Deano's days and compromised drafts apparently. I'm beginning to think the last ten years were some of the best days of our lives. That's based on all the revisionist bullshit about how good scotts was due to ensuring that the fine young gentlemen of NMFC were homeowners.

PS: I hope scamper really can bring out the potential of players like LMac and a fair few others and we can start on the road to recovery. I'd rather see the coaching staff focus on the football abilities and have the managers do whatever the hell it is that they're meant to do about wealth and home buying.

Last edited:

"Became" being the operative word LB2S.

He didn't arrive at Arden Street that way.
Yeah I’ll wear that......but I don’t blame BS for that, good players work out their deficiencies pretty quickly. He looked to have the talent but to me not the hard nosed dedication. I’m looking from afar of course. I want him to be a jet. We need some.

I am astounded that posters are bagging Scott for trying to help players prepare for life after football.

These are young men, straight out of school, quite possibly forgoing tertiary study/life long career opportunities, to embark on what is a dream, that may never be fulfilled through injury or not being good enough at the game. The average football career is about 5 years and by extension the ability to earn much higher levels of money than might otherwise be earned elsewhere is very short.

Almost certainly players think about that from time to time and I would be surprised if that fear of having a short career, does not weigh on them, sometimes quite heavily.

It makes perfect sense to me then that a coach (or coaching staff/club), that recognises this fear for players and takes steps to address it, is much more likely to have a group of players, who are in a better head space and therefore more likely to be able to better focus on what they are asked to do out on the field.

Player welfare is rightly a much bigger issue than it used to be years ago and every club spends time talking to their players about life after football. That Brad called it a training session is absolutely irrelevant. The time needed and needs to be spent on this sort of stuff and he should not be criticised for what he done on this front.
Isn't that something their managers do. Most of these guys have managers that get them set up for their future.
I'm from the school of the footy coach coaches footy and the manager manages the player. Call it old fashioned.

Isn't that something their managers do. Most of these guys have managers that get them set up for their future.
I'm from the school of the footy coach coaches footy and the manager manages the player. Call it old fashioned.

Call it normal.

This apparently accepted idea that Scott (as Senior Football Coach) had a responsibility to his players to assist in their financial future is one of the more ridiculous things i've ever heard of.

Call it normal.

This apparently accepted idea that Scott (as Senior Football Coach) had a responsibility to his players to assist in their financial future is one of the more ridiculous things i've ever heard of.
It's not an apparently accepted responsibility at all.
It's something he chose to do.
What's ridiculous is suggesting that it cost us success during his reign.

It's not an apparently accepted responsibility at all.
It's something he chose to do.
What's ridiculous is suggesting that it cost us success during his reign.

Well the idea to support Scott and make our players financial advisors was very well received. Anyone focussing on footy results instead howled down.

How do you know it didn't cost us success?

We haven't had any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called out Utah as BS a few pre seasons back and was howled down; it’s probably in here somewhere, should go looking...

I think there is evidence high altitude training provides significant benefits, but you need to train for longer and you also need facilities at sea level which allows you to maintain the benefits. In terms of a two week programme, it probably wasn't the best use of resources.

Pudding guts Ahern turned up overweight and copped the rounds of the kitchen, is looking slim now but had to undertake extra sessions.
Puddin guts needs to make every post a winner. The road to glory is littered with tge failed careers of highly talentdled blokes who weren't prepared to go the extra yard.

Puddin guts needs to make every post a winner. The road to glory is littered with tge failed careers of highly talentdled blokes who weren't prepared to go the extra yard.

IMO, he could just as likely turn the corner and arrive, or even be delisted by the end of 2020.

The coasting bullshit has to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back