Society/Culture Aussie forced to take down swastika flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Its his choce to fly it or not to fly it, as it should be.

Don't see how its newsworthy though.

Maybe the fact that he is saying he's a white Aussie Nationalist, yet is displaying a German flag. Just shows what these so called white Nationailist/Supremacists really are.

It's on his shed.
I can't see a problem with it.
No different to a cross or crescent, an Israeli flag or a Carlton FC flag.
Not a big fan but here do you stop?
Cut his arms off.
He's happy to display his beliefs who care.
This is a free country, at least conceptually.

Most un-newsworthy piece ever. If its on his property and he's not forcing his beliefs/views on to others as he said (which is more than i can say for some organisations) then no problem. Its his right as an australian citizen. We are fast becoming a country that touts itself as inclusive and tolerant yet as soon as someone does something that we don't agree or that goes against the social norm its all outrage and offense.

It amuses me that these so called proud white Aussies, feel the need to display a flag from Germany, instead of the Aussie or Southern Cross flags.:confused:

Its a symbol of his beliefs. Similar to how lots of groups have taken to using the Euraka flag or the Confederate Battle flag as a symbol for and used by people with little affiliation to the original meaning and use.

Its a symbol of hate, but so too could a frown or a look of anger be construed as such. Are we to tell people that they cant frown or look angry? As long as the knobhead involved doesn't incite others to commit acts of hatred and violence, then he should be allowed to express his idiotic views. If it wasn't for idiotic views, we wouldn't have any gauge as to how reasonable our own views are in comparison.

The world needs idiots, they tend to make you look better.

Its a symbol of hate, but so too could a frown or a look of anger be construed as such. Are we to tell people that they cant frown or look angry? As long as the knobhead involved doesn't incite others to commit acts of hatred and violence, then he should be allowed to express his idiotic views. If it wasn't for idiotic views, we wouldn't have any gauge as to how reasonable our own views are in comparison.

The world needs idiots, they tend to make you look better.

Top post :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the fact that he is saying he's a white Aussie Nationalist, yet is displaying a German flag. Just shows what these so called white Nationailist/Supremacists really are.

He's obviously flying it for other ideals than what you percieve.

The title is misleading. He hasnt been forced to do anything.

He's obviously flying it for other ideals than what you percieve.

The title is misleading. He hasnt been forced to do anything.

I think having his children threatened at school because of it, did force him to take it down.

By the way, I haven't said anywhere on this thread that he shouldn't be allowed to have it on display, I just said I find it amusing.

One line trolls are all you ever contribute.

Anyway, I already did. The most important time to show tolerance is when your ideals are challenged.

It amuses me that these so called proud white Aussies, feel the need to display a flag from Germany, instead of the Aussie or Southern Cross flags.:confused:

You do realise the Southern Cross flag so beloved of the union movement is associated with Eureka and the White Australia Policy don't you?

Would you like such flags to be taken down as well in order to be consistent?

You do realise the Southern Cross flag so beloved of the union movement is associated with Eureka and the White Australia Policy don't you?

Would you like such flags to be taken down as well in order to be consistent?

I repeat, I have never said in this thread that the ******** can't display the flag on his property. :rolleyes:

More amusing is the fact that the Swastika is not even a German symbol really, but a Sanskrit one - you know, funny little brown types.

The Aryans were the Northern Indians - the 'white' ones.

There still seems to be a bit of battle between the north and south over who are the 'true' Indians along bloodlines. It is a fairly significant theological debate AFAICT.

More amusing is the fact that the Swastika is not even a German symbol really, but a Sanskrit one - you know, funny little brown types.
Its amazing how many people are ignorant of the history of the swastika symbol.

I once defended a Hindu friend in public because she had a swastika on her necklace that was seen by another person that verbally attacked her because of it. On a bright note, she received an apology from her verbal assailant after a quick history lesson and several people learned something new that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back