Australia Tour of England 3 T20 Internationals and 3 ODIs.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's more his supporters (particularly those with prominent roles in the Melbourne Media who were seriously talking about him as the solution to our Test batting issues a couple of seasons back) won't broach any criticism of him and the multiple brain fades, no matter how justified.

"Oh he's batting too low in the order."
"Oh he's batting too high in the order."
"The Captain doesn't like him."
"The selectors don't like him."
"You're ignoring his fielding and bowling."

Amazing knock, and I hope it's his Symonds-at-the-world-cup moment where everything clicks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

A wonderful talented cricketer that we needed in test cricket more and let down by so many with these negative comments.

Last edited:
If Australia were in that situation, don't think they would bowl a spinner - irrespective of how good Zampa has been.
I believe you are correct but it doesn't matter when the bowling strategy is all kinds of f'ed up in the death overs. In the last two matches during the death overs I believe they bowled a total of TWO yorkers at the stumps and both went for wickets. But yeah, for whatever reason the plan seemed to keep away from the stumps and bowl stupid lengths. Starc has one of the best yorkers in the game today, he should have been bowling nothing but yorkers at doofuses like T. Curran and Rashid.

I know lots of people around the world pee their pants thinking about how great ENG batsmen are even in the tail, but the AUS bowling strategy made that tail look a lot better than it actually is.

Can you name a consistent Australian player currently batting wise in T20 and 1 day cricket at the moment.Perhaps Finch,not sure what has happened to Warner then I struggle.The shorter form of the game especially in T20 cricket the batsman have to play the rash shots at times especially the middle/lower order.
Stoinis is consistent. You did not qualify that the consistency had to be good.

I think it's more his supporters (particularly those with prominent roles in the Melbourne Media who were seriously talking about him as the solution to our Test batting issues a couple of seasons back) won't broach any criticism of him and the multiple brain fades, no matter how justified.

"Oh he's batting too low in the order."
"Oh he's batting too high in the order."
"The Captain doesn't like him."
"The selectors don't like him."
"You're ignoring his fielding and bowling."

Amazing knock, and I hope it's his Symonds-at-the-world-cup moment where everything clicks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Awesome knock by Maxy.

Should be an automatic selection in both short forms of the game.

Batting @ 7 probably seems a little low, and it should be fluid depending on the game situation. Bevan & Hussey played @ 7 on several occasions (mainly @ 6) and made it their own for a period of time.

Positions 5 or 6 are probably ideal for Maxwell.

Never given enough chances in the test arena and could've made a reasonable #6.

But at 32 next month, he probably only has 1 odi world cup left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back