Australia vs Pakistan- 3rd Test (SCG) 3-7 Jan 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Cartwright is struggling a bit to Yasir but you can see he is consciously trying to get a long way forward and back. You can see he's also wary of getting caught at bat pad so is trying to play with his bat and pad apart which is the way alot of the Indians play spin in India. Good to see a young bat thinking his way through an innings.

**** its good to have a player at 6 who I dont despise. Those weeks with Madinson in the team were the worst. Thank god we've got a player who is more than just a New South Wales crab

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Worse than losing?

I honestly think Azhar Ali has had more dropped catches off his bowling in Test cricket then wickets. Seems incredibly unlucky with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone tell William it's Cartwright not carthwright, there's no h in there
bb5e88662d36b417ff6704010a2c394a.jpg

Such a wasted talent.
Some highlights:

"I've got nothing against the Muslim people," Ritchie was reported as saying on Friday. "Just this morning I had to try and stop three little Muslim boys trying to break the lock on my car boot. "I had to say, 'Shut up! You're in there for a reason!'"

On Sunday, Ritchie told Fairfax: "That's a joke that I use, and I'll continue to use it. It's just a little humourous joke to indicate that they're not my favourite people of my choice. If they take offence that's their choice."
Ritchie also defended himself against the accusations of racism by using the word "kaffir" in the lunchtime address.

"Hey Kepler, you're not going to call this lot kaffirs today, are you," the Queenslander was reported as saying in reference to his former teammate Kepler Wessels, who during the 1980s could not play for his native South Africa due to their international ban. Wessels has threatened legal action.

"It's a joke I've used 500 times," Ritchie said on Sunday. "It's a reference to us playing against the West Indies [in a match for Queensland against the West Indies in 1980] and I say to him 'You wouldn't use that word against these guys would you?'. I am not saying that Kepler said that word at all."

"It is to emphasise the fear I had playing against the West Indies. It is a shocking term and it relays the great fear that we all had about facing the West Indies bowling."
"There's a place in Pakistan called Lahore. There weren't many of them [whores] around when we were there in 1982, I can tell you."

"Cricket Australia is of the view that it's not appropriate for Greg to be at our cricket venues at this time," a Cricket Australian spokesman said.

:D

I am at a loss as to why we would consider declaring today. Makes zero sense to me.

Early dec would make sense if we felt 500-500 was all the runs we needed to bowl them out twice which on this pitch it clearly won't be close to enough so yep makes no sense but this whole aussie aggression is the only way to play cricket stuff rarely makes any sense when you actually take 5 seconds to think about it.

That's why it's great to listen to guys like Rogers, and Katich who aren't really part of the old boys club, and not afraid to speak their mind.
Both come across really well
Note i wasnt a fan of katich as a player but he is an improvement on healy, slater, pup, warne etc rubbish

To continue Handscomb's ridiculous run of FC form, starting with the Shield Final last year:

112, 61*, 87, 24, 137, 4, 14, 17, 30, 215, 54, 1*, 105, 35*, 54, 83* (current innings)

- 1033 runs @ 86.08 (4 x 100s, 5 x 50s) in 16 innings

- A significant contribution (including a century) to an away Shield Final win, a rarity in modern times

- A century as skipper of Australia A

- A double century against a domestic bowling attack of Bollinger, Copeland, Lyon, O'Keefe, Henriques, who have all represented Australia at Test level.

- A century and 3 half-centuries in his first 4 Tests, which were 2 pink-ball and 2 red-ball matches, for good measure.

I just love that he has performed for the big occasion, of which there have been plenty in that last 10 months. It took a crisis for it to happen, but kudos to the selectors for making the big calls on him and Renshaw, who himself has been outstanding in a tough gig opening the batting. It may not necessarily translate to success against a rampant India on their turf, but they've given themselves every chance at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back