FTA-TV Australian Idol 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 3, we're down to the final 27.

My favourites in order:

1. Ripley
2. Denvah
3. Dylan
4. Amy

The group with Dylan, Amy and Kobe doing a rendition of 'Torn' was simply brilliant. It may go viral.

Week 3, we're down to the final 27.

My favourites in order:

1. Ripley
2. Denvah
3. Dylan
4. Amy

The group with Dylan, Amy and Kobe doing a rendition of 'Torn' was simply brilliant. It may go viral.
A lot of quality singers this year, can’t believe they saved Sexy Back dude though.

Just caught up. I agree with Ripley, Dylan and Amy. I also like Drea and enjoyed the auditions of TJ and Imogen. I can not stand Miss Bossy Boots Chenai.

I wish AI wasn't on at the same time as Australian Survivor. I catch up with AI on my phone on 7Plus and it's not the same on the small screen.

I think this year's talent is a bit better than last year's so far.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just caught up. I agree with Ripley, Dylan and Amy. I also like Drea and enjoyed the auditions of TJ and Imogen. I can not stand Miss Bossy Boots Chenai.

I wish AI wasn't on at the same time as Australian Survivor. I catch up with AI on my phone on 7Plus and it's not the same on the small screen.

I think this year's talent is a bit better than last year's so far.

Bummer, can’t get the 7Plus App on your TV?

Alright, folks. 24 have been cut down to 21.

Of the three eliminated, I ranked them 20th (Jesse), 22nd (Jess) and 24th (Jonathan).

TOP 21 UPDATED POWER RANKINGS:

1. Ripley Alexander
2. Denvah Baker-Moller
3. Dylan Wright
4. Imogen Spendlove
5. Kobe White
6. TJ Zimba
7. Amy Reeves

8. Saoirse Harding
9. Olivia Britton
10. Kym Miaco
11. Tyler Hammill
12. Drea Onamade
13. Trent Richardson
14. Ivana Ilic

15. Kiani Smith
16. Natasha Rose
17. Bethany Byrne
18. Jake Carlson
19. Jackson Smith
20. Chenai Boucher
21. Isaac McCallum

Comments:

Ripley has a lot going for him. He's 19, talented, can sing, and the teeny boppers will find him attractive. He'll get plenty of votes.

Denvah has an incredibly unique but brilliant voice. She's got a bit of Casey Chambers about her, mixed in with a touch of Dolly Parton. The problem is that traditionally that genre doesn't perform well in these shows in Australia. Perhaps it's time for change. Hopefully she can follow in the footsteps of Carrie Underwood.

Kobe has absolutely exploded up the rankings. I previously didn't rate him high because he was way too nervous but credit where it's due, he is slowly overcoming his shyness and has been performing like a true messiah.

TJ is perhaps the one performer I'd love to see in concert. He brings plenty to the table. I love his energy, but he can also sing.

I'm in love with Olivia. I had a bit of a chuckle when she performed 'Genie in a Bottle' tonight because I've thought from day one that she has a bit of Christina about her. She has great stage presence, she's attractive and her artistry (along with TJ) is well and truly above any of the other contestants.

Trent is a real cool dude. He comes across as one of the first contestants I'd cherry pick to head to the bar with and have a drink. Seems like a really easy going bloke. He sings well and never disappoints me with his dress style.

I'm rooting for Jackson. The 2023 Albanvale Best & Fairest winner is representing the WRFL in the same way Ricky Muscat did all those years ago. He fell several spots down my rankings with that suboptimal performance tonight, but it will only take another good couple of performances for him to sky rocket back up my rankings. I ranked him 12th before tonight. The only reason he got through is because he had the runs on the board with his previous performances.

Chenai, I cannot stand her. Hopefully she gets knocked out on Sunday.

Absurd that group one consisted of Ripley, Dylan, Imogen and Kobe. Four of the strongest contestants in the top 21. Those four should have been the four to go through.

Drea is no where near as strong as Kobe IMO.

I do agree Drea performed slightly better than Kobe last night but on what they have both shown overall, the wrong decision was made.

The judges got it right last night. Kobe was awful in parts, out of tune at times. No loss on the others. Glad to see Chenai go. Even her mother was insufferable.

I'd be happy to see any of Ripley, Dylan or Imogen win. All of them have been very impressive so far. I like Drea, but she's not in the same class.

I hope Amy blows them away tonight.

I'm happy enough with the four chosen, though I don't think Isaac deserved a Fast Pass. Amy hit it out of the park. Ivana's makeover was great. Up in the air about Trent. Happy enough that he made the Top 12, but I don't believe he deserves to go further.

Tonight's group seems to be the weakest. Sorry, but I just hate the yodeller. So Grand Ole Opry material. I'm undecided on the rest.

I'm happy enough with the four chosen, though I don't think Isaac deserved a Fast Pass. Amy hit it out of the park. Ivana's makeover was great. Up in the air about Trent. Happy enough that he made the Top 12, but I don't believe he deserves to go further.

Tonight's group seems to be the weakest. Sorry, but I just hate the yodeller. So Grand Ole Opry material. I'm undecided on the rest.

agree

I agree with Kyle’s evaluation of Jake’s performance.
I felt like I was watching Jake perform live music at a pub. If I was drinking a schooner with my mate Drummond listening to that, I'll be a happy man. But if I paid $150 to watch that performance in a packed out Rod Laver crowd, I'd be very disappointed. Disgusted even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt like I was watching Jake perform live music at a pub. If I was drinking a schooner with my mate Drummond listening to that, I'll be a happy man. But if I paid $150 to watch that performance in a packed out Rod Laver crowd, I'd be very disappointed. Disgusted even.
Totally agree, well put!

In fact the judges comments were all spot on. He was drowned out early, basically couldn’t really hear him performing, but the guitar solo was good and he lifted a little thereafter. But overall all things considered pretty ordinary.

I hope Olivia smashes it.

There's something about her I like.

Her artistry has impressed me so far. She brings a lot of energy to the stage which is needed because her vocal range isn't the strongest.

Maybe it's the combination of her energy, creativity, initiative and looks that does it for me.

FWIW, Imogen was smashed on Sportsbet. She's a $1.83 favourite. Obviously way too short and if they offered a market on the field, you'd be taking that every day.

But after her audition followed by previous two performances, it's getting hard to disagree with her now being favourite. Her vocal range is the strongest.

If I could compare her to a contestant from a previous season, Kate DeAraugo (season three winner) compares well.

FWIW, Imogen was smashed on Sportsbet. She's a $1.83 favourite. Obviously way too short and if they offered a market on the field, you'd be taking that every day.

But after her audition followed by previous two performances, it's getting hard to disagree with her now being favourite. Her vocal range is the strongest.

If I could compare her to a contestant from a previous season, Kate DeAraugo (season three winner) compares well.

She’s the safe boring choice. I’d rather Denver come 2nd or 3rd anyway

Kiani and Kym were so good tonight. I didn't know either of them had those performances in them.

Judges have a tough job deciding which three join Tyler in the top 12.

Denvah is a lock...

Jake is clearly the one so far who won't be making it.

Kym, Olivia, Kiani all good.

And then TJ who would have to put in a Barry Crocker for the judges to consider not putting him in the top 12. So assuming TJ performs to his usual standard, that leaves only one of the following:

Kym, Olivia, Kiani.

Man that is tough. If it's up to me, I'm taking Olivia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back