The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's that most of the people who end up as coppers should be the last people in positions of authority in the first place.

It’s not about authority. It’s who can or who would want to handle a job with those kind of stresses . Now we have an anti police sediment starting in Australia I’d imagine it’s going to follow the teaching profession and no one will want to do it

Police were called for a reason, followed procedure and remembered their training for dealing with armed attackers who repeatedly disobey direct orders.

Obviously this woman was too much for staff to handle, is possibly known for violence and is likely a repeat offender for police to be requested at the scene.
What a ridiculous post, you have no idea or life experience.

'Armed attackers who disobey direct orders' lol.
She had a dinner knife , she had dementia , she doesnt understand orders.

Your far right American ideological parroting makes you sound like an extremist a lot of the time.
Thank God you're not in a position of power in society.

Embarrassing post mate.

What a ridiculous post, you have no idea or life experience.
Who are you?
'Armed attackers who disobey direct orders' lol.
She was armed, yes?
She disobeyed direct orders, yes?
She had a dinner knife , she had dementia , she doesnt understand orders.
I highly doubt the police had time to sit down with her and evaluate that.

They were called to deal with an armed assailant who was not following their instructions, end of.
Your far right American ideological parroting makes you sound like an extremist a lot of the time.
Thank God you're not in a position of power in society.
What is this?
Embarrassing post mate.
Is your name Karen? Who tf are you?

It was a steak knife. It would need a lot of force to injure someone with a steak knife. How strong would a 95 year old lady with a walking frame be?
Not sure mate, and nobody needs to find out. An unstable mind with a knife should be stopped as quickly as possible

I know exactly what a steak knife is.
Sure doesn’t sound like it.
Are you suggesting a 95 yr old lady could over power multiple police officers and inflict even a minor cut on any of them? With a steak knife?
Are you suggesting police should disregard their own safety & walk idly towards someone who is waving a knife at them by using only polite words for protection..?

Seriously is that what you’re suggesting?

Pretty weak example of police brutality. If the police officer was following sop, he did the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gran died at 93 and resembled Clare Nowland. No way you could have considered her a threat, knife or not.
Clint Eastwood is almost 100, do you think he’d be a pushover?

Something has gone terribly wrong here.
Not denying that but the claims of a poor, helpless old woman are sounding exaggerated. The fact the staff couldn’t control her so were forced to call the police goes some way to putting that into perspective.

Without wanting to make too many assumptions I'd be more worried about breaking the wrist of a person that age disarming them than I would any injury they might cause me.
I’d be more worried about getting slashed or stabbed than what may happen to someone waving a knife at me.

She's ninety five, five foot nothing and likely weighs about half as much as you do. It's would be like fighting a three year old.
Don’t care, I’ve been stabbed/slashed 3 times in life (36 stitches, 22 stitches and 18 stitches) & it ain’t very pleasant no matter who does it.

I haven't heard of many 5ft 40kg 3 year olds brandishing knifes against cops.
Exactly. The levels of hypothetical being brought up to justify emotions here is bizarre.

Facts are;

• Possibe mentally unstable woman armed with knife was out of control.
• Trained staff couldn’t handle the situation so called for more serious assistance.
• Assailant was subdued by what appears to be overly heavy handed response.
• Investigation is underway.

Everything else is assumption, supposition or straight up keyboard warrior fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back