FTA-TV Australia's Next Top Model 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, joke of a competition, joke of a decision. Alice was a foregone conclusion from the start.

Agree with most of the posts so far.

Definately agree that if they didnt think a 16 year old could win then:
a) Dont make the minimum age 16
b) Dont vote a 16 year old through to the final

I think Steph showed much more passion for it than Alice did. Steph wanted it a lot more.

Also agree with RooBunny about Alice. They carried her through most of the competition, always saying 'its not enough, you have to do more'. Once she hit the catwalk in the final she was always going to win. She shouldnt have even been in the final.

The crap that Alex Perry was going on about was ridiculous as well.

Alice is just so much more of a model than that pretty little thing steph.

Correct descision.

You guys didnt happen to take any notice of the person from the agency, the vogue editor, and the napolean dude choosing alice?- They know heaps more than you or i would ever.

Hopefully whoever produces it will do some homework on live broadcasting if they ever have a live final again - the sound was shocking, jodhi was caught a couple of times thinking she was off camera, and when the woman from Vogue stood up and said Stephs time would come in a couple of years, you could clearly hear one of the judges saying "here we go again".

I can understand why Alice won - she has the 'international' look they were looking for, even with that bloody awful new hair colour that made her look washed out and awful. Steph will do well tho, whether its locally or internationally.

Correct descision.

You guys didnt happen to take any notice of the person from the agency, the vogue editor, and the napolean dude choosing alice?- They know heaps more than you or i would ever.

Fair post. Agree :thumbsu: However, Jordan should have been there over both those girls.

How dodgy was the production and delivery fo the show? Really amature, cringe-worthy in parts.

Correct descision.

This has been the thing that has really annoyed me. That somehow Alice was more of a model. It was an argument put forward by many of the fashion people featured on the show. Many of them would comment on her weaknesses but then always say "Oh but she has the look of a model".

Alice had zero charisma, no photogenic ability, had 'one look', and as the judges pointed out week after week had no confidence. So if you were to disregard all that in determining what makes a good model, all that you are left with when it comes to Alice was that she was tall and that she was really skinny. That's it. That is all that Alice had going for her. And she won. Says alot about the vogue lady, the napoleon dude and any of the other people who run the modelling industry. What we learnt was that all they are after are tall, skinny chicks who can robotically walk up and down a runway.

Correct descision.

Probably, but do you really think they would of wanted to wait for Steph to start modelling proffesionally? Of course not, they wanted their model then and there, because it is much easier.

Horrible end to the competition, and I feel for Steph who actually wanted to win it.

I am actually doubting Alice will stay with modelling considering she is still finishing off a degree.

Absolute joke decision, one that we all saw coming though. As some others have said, if they felt Steph was too young to win then why did they vote her through to the final? IMO Jordan outperformed Steph last week and she probably deserved to make the final as she was improving every week. Maybe they wanted Steph in the final with Alice so they could continuously harp on about Steph being “too young” and therefore make their decision look justified. :thumbsdown:

They carried Alice though the entire competition, from beginning to end. Regardless of how poorly she performed or how little effort or confidence she displayed, she was never going to be voted out because she had the "look" they were after. It's pretty disappointing that the eventual winner was decided when they initially picked their 12 finalists.

A few comments about the other girls. Jaimi, the girl who left because of her boyfriend, would have gone quite far if she didn’t leave. One of the hottest girls in the competition and such a shame she was the first to go. How much does Paloma love herself, seriously? :rolleyes: Her comment about how she can’t go out anymore because everyone knows her. What tripe. And did they want to ask her any more questions? :thumbsdown:

And one last thing, how much of a legend is Danica? Couldn’t even give an answer as to who would be the winner, and at the end of her rant she just said, “Sorry”. Absolute legend, who should’ve won

Knew it. I knew Alice would win, as most of you described, had the one look and was continually pointed out by the judges week after week for having no confidence.

Alice looks very, very average, but after about 10 layers of make-up you can clearly see why they chose her. Has the tall, slim physique and the bony, withdrawn type looking face.

It was the same as last season as i pointed out in an earlier post, although i don't remember much of it, Eboni, who had to leave the show for a bit as well as having doubts over her as to whether or not she could hold up in the modelling industry ended up winning under the same circumstances as Alice in a way.

Joke of a show. :thumbsdown:

Did anyone else notice the abscence of Kara?

Most certainly did, it felt very weird having Jaimi there instead. We actually saw and knew more about Kara than her (and even Cobi)

Going back to the argument that the experts know better than us (eg Napoleon, the Vogue editor etc) Scorpio summed it up nicely.

It almost felt like Priscilla, Napoleon etc were told to pick Alice, especially with excuses like - oh we need someone who never takes a bad photo - well considering someone like Jez spent the entire season talking about how much the camera loves Steph that seems like nonsense. Napoleon didn't seem that impressed with Alice in LA - especially in the store window test.

Also the "experts" in LA (I appreciate that LA is a very different market to Paris but what's the likelihood of her actually getting to Paris anyway) said that Alice wouldn't succeed because of her self consciousness and poor stature etc.

I really honestly believe that Steph will be signed up as soon as she's allowed to be and we'll see her on a lot more covers etc than we'll see of Alice....

And one last thing, how much of a legend is Danica? Couldn’t even give an answer as to who would be the winner, and at the end of her rant she just said, “Sorry”. Absolute legend, who should’ve won

Now now, dont go overboard mate :p She was in the top 5, thats all. She wouldnt have gone close to making the final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been the thing that has really annoyed me. That somehow Alice was more of a model. It was an argument put forward by many of the fashion people featured on the show. Many of them would comment on her weaknesses but then always say "Oh but she has the look of a model".

Alice had zero charisma, no photogenic ability, had 'one look', and as the judges pointed out week after week had no confidence. So if you were to disregard all that in determining what makes a good model, all that you are left with when it comes to Alice was that she was tall and that she was really skinny. That's it. That is all that Alice had going for her. And she won. Says alot about the vogue lady, the napoleon dude and any of the other people who run the modelling industry. What we learnt was that all they are after are tall, skinny chicks who can robotically walk up and down a runway.

Thats exactly right. Alice had one look, one face, one pose. I felt Steph got into it more than Alice ever did. You could see by her Fashion Assassin runway show that she adapted to the style and changed her walk around. Her photos were much more imaginative than Alices ever were.

The experts saying that Alice never took a bad photo was a load of garb considering how often Alice was criticised for her photos, how she acted at photo shoots and how long it took her to get into it.

As others have said, all they wanted was a tall skinny girl with the personality of an inanimate carbon rod that they could send to Paris and claim to be a success. If Steph sticks with modelling – which I assume she will considering how into it she was – she will go a lot further.

I've got a question. How the heck did the Viewers Votes count? I had a feeling that the winner was pre-determined and voting was a waste of time, but they never explained how our supposed votes were suppose to effect the final decision.

What a complete farcical ending on what was a pretty interesting series.

Good decision.
The experts (Alex Perry, Vogue, Napolean and the modelling agency) all went with Alice whilst the hired help (photographer and stylist) both went for Steph.

The experts are the ones that pay the bills. They know what is needed in a model.

Besides Steph is too young and needs another year at school,

Think Annika will have a big career as a FMH or lingerie model girl.
Awesome body.

Im guessing the viewers votes were counted as 1 vote like all the other judges. Another thing that was amateurish. Went on about votes all night ‘only 2 minutes left, better hurry up and vote’, then they don’t even reveal the results of that or how they count or anything. Very very amateurish. Ive got no doubt that Steph would have won the public vote. Would have ended 5-4 if Steph did win the public vote. Dunno, I reckon the reason they didn’t announce it was because it would have seemed odd that the public chose Steph but Alice won. Dont know though.

One thing more I will add is – I completely forgot all about Cassandra, but how the hell did she make it through to the competition stage with those teeth and that personality. Field must have been very light on this year for that dero to get through. She has the worst teeth ive ever seen.

One thing more I will add is – I completely forgot all about Cassandra, but how the hell did she make it through to the competition stage with those teeth and that personality. Field must have been very light on this year for that dero to get through. She has the worst teeth ive ever seen.

Thoughts for next years series.

* never, ever do a live final again
* don't have a contestant that is heads and shoulders above the rest. It was clear from about week 2 that Alice was going to win. They should have just signed Alice up straight away without her even bothering to go on it.
* Jodhi should go back to judging and not hosting.
* Personally, I think Charlotte is a famewhore but she did show ability in her role. Give her a chance at hosting.
* No more u18's. If they can't win because of their age there is no point in them being on the show. Besides part of the fun in the two previous series was seeing the girls go out to bars, getting on the sauce and the resulting mayhem.
* If girls are too short, don't put them in the competition.

Still probably my favourite reality show though.

Ahhhhhhh... god damn Alice :mad:

Anyway knew she was gonna win it I suppose.

As for the LIVE "Finale"... What. A. ****ing. Joke.

Just a few tips to the producers of the show...
- Dont have cheap pathetic sets like the one you used last night.
- Dont drag up Thorpy to present anything ever again. If you must at least let him know what he is meant to do and maybe have him rehearse it a couple of times
- Maybe let the host actually "host".. Charlotte completey took over the show
- Speaking of hosts.. train the actual host to do her job properly. Jodie continually forgot what she was doing.. oh and what was with all those long, excruciating pauses?!?!?
- DONT ****ING DO THE VOTES OF THE JUDGES OUT LOUD EVER AGAIN. WHAT A ****ING ANTI CLIMAX. There should have been a discussion about the two girls and leave it at that.. then reveal the winner. How stupid was it, everyone knew Alice definitely had it in the bag..

Lol.. Anyone see Jane reject and ignore Alice?!?! :D
I think someone else also ignored her too.. but I cant be sure. Anyone know??

Thoughts for next years series.

* never, ever do a live final again

Still probably my favourite reality show though.

Yeah I would agree with that. What they should do, imo, is have a taped final and then possibly go live straight after for a 'reunion' show.

Americas next top model starts next Wednesday night!! Sheesh.. i think im all "modelled" out, atm! :D

Americas next top model starts next Wednesday night!!

Thank god, It'll be nice to see a professional version...

although sadly I know who wins it.

Agree with the comments about only put in girls who are old and tall enough to win - don't waste the other girls' times like they did with Jordan and Steph.

The problem with the live finale was that it was not only an amateurish shambles (when did Charlotte become host?), it took away any drama and having the judges discuss all the sudden problems they had with Steph in front of her had her crying for most of the last half of the show which was uncomfortable to watch.

Thank god, It'll be nice to see a professional version...

although sadly I know who wins it.

Agree with the comments about only put in girls who are old and tall enough to win - don't waste the other girls' times like they did with Jordan and Steph.

The problem with the live finale was that it was not only an amateurish shambles (when did Charlotte become host?), it took away any drama and having the judges discuss all the sudden problems they had with Steph in front of her had her crying for most of the last half of the show which was uncomfortable to watch.

They said she was a "special" co-host at the beginning of the show. She then proceeded to do 95% of the hosting duties!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back