Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never been to Germany, i wonder if that's a really taboo area for them. Possibly is, still funny though.

It is. Still plenty of people old enough to have lived through WWII.

It's not like it's a 'don't mention the war' topic for everyone, though. Just have to pick your audience. Like you can make a joke about Port Arthur here if you are that way inclined, but I wouldn't do it in Port Arthur. Depending where you are in the US people's views on certain topics are very different. 'So this atheist, pro-choice, Union-loyalist walks into a bar...' won't go down well in a country town in the South. My German friends who watch UK and UK comedies aren't sensitive about it. But they are all young enough to have pretty much grown up only in unified Germany.

It is. Still plenty of people old enough to have lived through WWII.

It's not like it's a 'don't mention the war' topic for everyone, though. Just have to pick your audience. Like you can make a joke about Port Arthur here if you are that way inclined, but I wouldn't do it in Port Arthur. Depending where you are in the US people's views on certain topics are very different. 'So this atheist, pro-choice, Union-loyalist walks into a bar...' won't go down well in a country town in the South. My German friends who watch UK and UK comedies aren't sensitive about it. But they are all young enough to have pretty much grown up only in unified Germany.

Travel Guides last night- went to PA.

Thought maybe they may have mentioned the memorial- but nope. Nothing. Suppose it is meant to be a light hearted show.. but still.

/and of course 100% audience. Wouldnt be going around Tassie doing PA jokes. But up here, with close mates i know who wouldnt be offended. Yes. Its just common sense.

Travel Guides last night- went to PA.

Thought maybe they may have mentioned the memorial- but nope. Nothing. Suppose it is meant to be a light hearted show.. but still.

/and of course 100% audience. Wouldnt be going around Tassie doing PA jokes. But up here, with close mates i know who wouldnt be offended. Yes. Its just common sense.

dont really need to joke about PA when there is so much material to make fun of tasmanians anyway

Germany is my favourite country.

Watched the Saints v Pies GF draw in some underground Irish pub in Munich. Was seedy as all hell from a big day at the Oktoberfest the day before so we were not sure we could be bothered finding a place to watch it as it started at 6am. Glad we did as was a hell of a morning , it was that crammed ( Easily 600-800 ppl) in there we ended up behind the bar as it was the only spot we could stand. At one point we were serving drinks to randoms haha. Everyone was so drunk and cheering on the game and it was better not supporting either team so i could enjoy it , but when it ended in a draw there was a massive hush as no one knew what was going to happen next.

Last but not least.. General Discussion. AFS is a great thread.

barelyanAFLfan, say hello to my new American mate guys.

Be nice.

In here threads can go Off topic a bit, but dont go too much OT or the natives get restless.

And dont multipost. :thumbsupv1:

It's a Monday, where's your weekend AFS update?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this happened..

Ive set up a drinks with guy i used to be in love with- back at my Hoyts days hahahaha. For :beercheers::beermug:

Dw i have no plans whatsoever to hit on him (hes married) but it'll be a nice catch up (havent seen him in 5 years or so). If there's any AFS, I shall bring them to you.
go get em tiger.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So this happened..

Ive set up a drinks with guy i used to be in love with- back at my Hoyts days hahahaha. For :beercheers::beermug:

Dw i have no plans whatsoever to hit on him (hes married) but it'll be a nice catch up (havent seen him in 5 years or so). If there's any AFS, I shall bring them to you.
Sounds like the beginning on an AFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back