Ayce Cordy vs Ace Frehley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Campbell is definitely an 80/20 Ruck/Forward. Seems a legit 20/80 is very hard to find. Was watching the Port/North game and was thinking how amazing Ryder would be at CHF for us.

Yeah Campbell is definitely an 80/20 Ruck/Forward. Seems a legit 20/80 is very hard to find. Was watching the Port/North game and was thinking how amazing Ryder would be at CHF for us.

We could've drafted Brown ( Roos ) Ideal as a second ruck / forward.
But we needed Fuller ? monumental stuff up again, the way I see it.

Ace Frehley is 1.85 tall, and just about to turn 64.

Ayce Cordy is 2.04 tall, and 24yo.

On 2 May, AF will be playing at the Forum in Melbourne. AC is likely to be playing VFL at Vic Park on the same day.

My question is, could AF play a role alongside Toyd, and give Minson a chop-out in the ruck?
That's very unfair on Ayce. The judgement on a players AFL ability moving forward should be made once they've reached the 70-90 game mark. Therefore we can't analyse Ayce until 2029.
Ace would only be a short term fix and he doesn't meet the MD height criteria.

Ace Frehley is 1.85 tall, and just about to turn 64.

Ayce Cordy is 2.04 tall, and 24yo.

On 2 May, AF will be playing at the Forum in Melbourne. AC is likely to be playing VFL at Vic Park on the same day.

My question is, could AF play a role alongside Toyd, and give Minson a chop-out in the ruck?
You have clearly never seen Ayce Cordy play guitar, he is like a tall version
of Eric Clapton clearly missed his calling.;)

That's very unfair on Ayce. The judgement on a players AFL ability moving forward should be made once they've reached the 70-90 game mark.
There was no way I wanted Horward or Boumann in the seniors for 70 games before making a call on them.

Ayce is a ruckman, pure and simple. He's not a forward. He's shown he can be useful forward at VFL level but not at CHF (arguably hardest position on the ground) at AFL level.

At least most of you are taking it in the spirit that I sort of intended - a bit of a p1ss-take on the Ayce banter in other threads, but also with serious undertones of where his career is actually at. Except you australian idle - you're off my Christmas card list...:p

There was no way I wanted Horward or Boumann in the seniors for 70 games before making a call on them.

Ayce is a ruckman, pure and simple. He's not a forward. He's shown he can be useful forward at VFL level but not at CHF (arguably hardest position on the ground) at AFL level.

I agree. But is he, or will he ever be, a good enough ruckman to play consistently at AFL level? Being tall is not enough, he needs to have an impact around the ground, not just with possessions (although more than 2 per game would be nice!), but even in the Hudosn/Wynd mould of blocking, shepherding, helping contested possession go our way. He seems mobile enough, but does he have the nous to get to that level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Street would certainly have more career running bounces than Ayce.

There was that game at Etihad where Street took a few bounces running into Fwd50, the crowd started roaring, but his shot on goal went wide - would have brough the house down!

Conversely, has Ayce ever had a running bounce at AFL level? Even VFL level?

Geez that's harsh. Can't get every pick right.

Who would've predicted that 2 years after the draft, both Tom Campbell and Ayce Cordy won't be viable options?

In isolation, one 3rd round draft pick failure is not a "monumental stuff up".

The entire AFL community overlooked Ben Brown as a junior and it took VFL recruiters to bring him to Werribee, and from there North got interested.

In 7 years, Ayce still has not learnt how to mark the ball with his hands outstretched. Whilst this is an indictment on our coaching staff, it is also not acceptable for an AFL player.

Neither has J Grant - who has been on the list longer...

Neither has J Grant - who has been on the list longer...
Are you suggesting that Grant doesn't know how to take a mark with his arms outstretched? That would be incorrect...

302001-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Geez that's harsh. Can't get every pick right.

Who would've predicted that 2 years after the draft, both Tom Campbell and Ayce Cordy won't be viable options?

No one wants to hear it all from me again, But Campbell & Cordy are ruckmen !
Brown is a Forward first / pinch hit Ruckman.
Yes it is harsh , but it pisses me off no end , when we dickheads ( meaning me ) can see what we need , but our recruiting people get it so far wrong. Fuller was a monumental reach as a second rounder . The poor bugger has had no luck and all the best for him , but he is a long way off AFL standard considering his age.
He is very slow , small and his kicking was way overrated by Dalrymple.
Who would you prefer as second rounders , Webb or Fuller ?
Tell me I am wrong !

Do you want me to post the picture from yesterday ???? :p
Our leader Bob has kicked it out on the full from time to time, does that mean he doesn't know how to kick?
A missed mark doesn't mean that Grant doesn't know how to do it.
Cordy instinctively doesn't want take an overhead mark and his blockage to learning this is on a whole other level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back