General Bombers Talk "Banter Threads" - Do you want one with Norf?

Do you want a banter thread with North?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Jack Wutts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the Billy Brownless game, yeah?

Nah, was the Ablett after the siren prelim.

Bastard did nothing all day, Mick Martyn killed him, then does that.

Also the worst umpired game I've ever seen, 34 - 12 or something in their favour.

Double post, but not quite sure what Petrie is on about when he was saying on 360 that North are said to be a side who win the games that they shouldn't and lose the ones they should.

s**t no, it's the other way around. Win the games they should but can't beat a side classified as being dramatically better than them. I'm not sure that the popular "honest" moniker is as descriptive and effective as a lot in the media like to think it is, but if was going to apply to anyone it'd be North.

Thing is though, and I'm not even being facetious, I honestly believe if that had've happened one side would've been far too strong for the other.

96 you had our measure
98 you easily had our measure
99 we had yours (yeah, yeah.. We lost to Carlton, not North)
2000 we spanked you in the QF
01 neither were good enough

Kangaroos were a much better team than Essendon in 1998 - But in the first final - 1st played 8th those days - Essendon was right in the game till early in the last quarter.

That was the Billy Brownless game, yeah?

No

It was the game ( PF ) when in a titanic struggle - Tudor got a clearance from a boundary throw in, and the ball floated over the hands of MicK Martyn into Gary Ablett's hands - with 30 seconds on the clock.

Hard one to take seeing that Martyn had beaten Ablett on the day,and he took the front position.

good times..

by the way yaco i dont know what you referring to in 1998???
cant seem to recall much..

We were right in the game until three quarter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one on getting Hurley signed. I never thought he'd go but it must be a relief.

Basti should sign too then that's all our major targets secured away.

Not bad for a poor little pissant club.

Also, it's petries 200th in round 1. We don't drop milestone games for favorite sons.

Alright... we won't even bother rocking up then if that's the case.

I seem to remember a significant milestone quite a number of years back now when Anthony Stevens & David King, two great Norf stalwarts called it quits and their final game resulted in a near 20 goal loss...

Oh and North turned it on in Petrie's 100th as well in their 12 goal loss to the Crows. Or wasn't he classified as a favourite son at that stage?

Pretty sure Adam Simpson also enjoyed his 300th as well when North kicked the grand total of 3 goals against the Crows and were smashed.

But yeah... you totally don't drop the milestone games. The whole milestone factor, not just with North but with every club in the competition, is one of the most overrated things in the game when it comes to performance.

Didn't you hear?

Bastinac and Hurley were smoke and mirrors; they've always been after Dangerfield and Cloke.

Obviously.

In fact, Scully only PRETENDED to be mates with Bastinac in juniours as part of the elaborate scheme.

Because as Melbourne posters will tell you, the evil little so and so had already agreed to play for them before Melbourne drafted him.

Had nothing to do with their hugely unprofessional piss up tour of China that saw Scully leave in disgust after Max Gawn spewed on his bed.

Alright... we won't even bother rocking up then if that's the case.

I seem to remember a significant milestone quite a number of years back now when Anthony Stevens & David King, two great Norf stalwarts called it quits and their final game resulted in a near 20 goal loss...

Oh and North turned it on in Petrie's 100th as well in their 12 goal loss to the Crows. Or wasn't he classified as a favourite son at that stage?

Pretty sure Adam Simpson also enjoyed his 300th as well when North kicked the grand total of 3 goals against the Crows and were smashed.

But yeah... you totally don't drop the milestone games. The whole milestone factor, not just with North but with every club in the competition, is one of the most overrated things in the game when it comes to performance.

Lucky we managed to turn it on for YOUR MILESTONE last year hey mate.

(Jeez, you really do walk into them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back