Bargain of the trade period 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS getting Colingwoods 1st round pick will be the biggest bargain. With Pendles out its likely to be a top 2 pick now.
Masterstroke by Ned Guy! And to think Guy and the club defended all that pick swapping last year, their 2020 draftees will need to be stars to justify it.

What's Ned up to nowadays? That presser he gave after trade period last year was one of the cringiest train wrecks I've ever seen, genuinely embarrassed for him in what he was saying.

4 players currently average 20+ disposals and 1+ goals a game in the league this season.

Bontempelli
Martin
Petracca
Shai Bolton

Stephenson is on the cusp of joining those 4. At 22 years of age and a 2nd round pick, I think he is the correct answer.

1627120853184.png

Carlton signings:

Caleb Marchbank.. traded for picks 35, 58
Jarrod Pickett....... ditto ^^^
Billie Smedts....... swapped Tuohy for Smedts + pick 17
Rhys Palmer........ traded for pick 135
Alex Silavagni...... rookie listed

Matthew Kennedy.. trade for pick 28
Darcy Lang.......... trade for pick 58
Matthew Lobbe..... trade for pick 95
Jarrod Garlett....... draft pick 78
Cameron O'Shea... pre-season draft
Matt Shaw............ rookie listed

Mitch McGovern... trade for pick 13 (approx)
Nick Newman...... trade for pick 57
Will Setterfield..... trade for picks 19, 43
Alex Fasolo.......... free agent
Hugh Goddard...... rookie listed
Tomas Bugg......... rookie listed
Josh Deluca......... mid-season draft

Jack Martin......... pre-season draft
Eddie Betts......... trade for pick 62
Marc Pittonet...... trade for pick 54
Jack Newnes....... free agent
Callum Moore...... pre-season supplemental

Zac Williams....... free agent
Adam Saad......... trade for pick 8 (approx)
Lachie Fogarty..... trade for pick 30 (approx)
Oscar McDonald.. pre-season supplemental

2019: 16th.... 7 wins, 15 losses
2020: 11th.... 7 wins, 10 losses
2021: 13th... 7 wins, 11 losses
Nic Newman was a Bargain
Matt Kennedy is potentially a bargain if he keeps good form
Lachie Fogarty was looking like a Bargain at the Start of the year but not now
Marc Pittionet
and thats all
out of 27 players there are three players that are Bargain's and three players that have actually played decent for Carlton.
Only 11% of these players Recruited have played decent and are Bargain's
Great recruiting Carlton

Tom Hickey- incredible recruit by the Swans. Top 5 ruckman in the comp this season and is arguably the swans most important player. One of the key reasons they are in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

Pains me to say it, but a special mention to Dodo and his recruitment of Nick Hind..whilst he’s not as good defensively as Saad, he’s line breaking is on par…hind and Nik cox for Saad!! Incredible.

Can also throw Isaac Smith into the mix…he will finish top 3 in the Cats best and fairest this season and may even win it. Has been incredibly consistent for them all season. Perfect fit.

Tom Hickey- incredible recruit by the Swans. Top 5 ruckman in the comp this season and is arguably the swans most important player. One of the key reasons they are in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

Pains me to say it, but a special mention to Dodo and his recruitment of Nick Hind..whilst he’s not as good defensively as Saad, he’s line breaking is on par…hind and Nik cox for Saad!! Incredible.

Can also throw Isaac Smith into the mix…he will finish top 3 in the Cats best and fairest this season and may even win it. Has been incredibly consistent for them all season. Perfect fit.

Isaac Smith has looked outstanding every time I've watched Geelong this year

Defensively Hind is streets ahead of Saad. Better attacking aswell. Hind rarely turns it over. Saad only wants to run one way, and bombs it to no one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back