Could Peter Wright be almost the biggest trade bargain ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could do a solid top 10 worst trades for GC list.
They now top Freo for worse ever and bizarre trades.

Spud Rory Atkins a four year contract, what were they thinking?

A strange/dodgy swapping of picks with WCE a few years back defied comon sense, gravity, logic, and a whole lot other, basically just gave away picks

Pick 7 Scrimshaw for a future 3rd

Giving Lyons away for free (made him a DFA)

Pick 8 Callum Ah Chee to Brisbane for a future second rounder was it?

Pick 9 Will Brodie to Freo for free and continued to pay some salary? Someone can clarify please

Plenty more I can't think of right now

This makes a better thread than Peter Wright!

Carey for $10k

Andrew McLeod for Chris Groom

Brian Lake for effectively a pick in the 30's

Josh Kennedy & Ben McGlynn for picks 39, 46 & 70

Jack Crisp as steak knives in a deal

Witts & Nankervis seem like bargains too

Dayne Zorko for a 13 pick up grade (47 to 34)

Jack Steele for a 2nd round pick
Dusty for a kick after the siren.

Fremantle traded a future second round pick currently Pick 35* for 19 and Brodie, that's what you call a jackpot win.

Fremantle getting Pick 2 for Weller another massive win.
Will Brodie trade is looking like the best bargain ever. The other good ones are getting a good player for a packed of chips. The Brodie deal is they pay you handsomely to take a good player.

Something decent happening to Essendon - let's not discuss
Something s**t happening to Essendon - let's discuss it over 9,000 posts on the Carlton board.
When did that last occur?

But plenty of s**t! Essendon, the club that keeps on giving, long may it last. What's the winning finals odometer up to now, can add another 400 days as well up until next years finals

Last edited:
Didn't Geelong pay like 60k to the Hawks for Ablett Snr? Something like that, I don't really understand trading rules back then. In any case, that is a decent bargain.

Had a conversation with two essendon supporting mates on the weekend and i stated to them that i truly believe that the Peter Wright deal has saved Dodoros career.

He has overpaid so many times in recent seasons, and has bought in multiple B and C graders in that time, but the Peter Wright trade was very well done.

Definitely having a great year, but to call him the "biggest trade bargain" after 1 year is a tad premature.
He had 29 goals last year with 7 of them in 1 game, and only had 30+ goals once before this season.
Just give it a couple of years to see how it plays out I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did that last occur?

But plenty of s**t! Essendon, the club that keeps on giving, long may it last. What's the winning finals odometer up to now, can add another 400 days as well up until next years finals
93 prelim loves this,

Had a conversation with two essendon supporting mates on the weekend and i stated to them that i truly believe that the Peter Wright deal has saved Dodoros career.

He has overpaid so many times in recent seasons, and has bought in multiple B and C graders in that time, but the Peter Wright trade was very well done.
Therefore, Peter Wright is going to be one of the worst trades ever if it means Dodoro keeps his job for another 5-10 years.

The Kennedy's

Josh P Kennedy to Sydney for Sam Grimley (3 games)
We got Ben Stratton out of that trade

It ended up being Kennedy, McGlynn for Grimley, Stratton and an Suckling upgraded off the rookie list

Sydney still won it easily but we ended up coming out of it ok

The trade wasn't well done.

No one wanted him. It was like:

Gold Coast: Who wants this bloke?
Everyone: <silence>
Gold Coast: Anyone? Anyone??
Essendon: Ummm, yeah Ok. I suppose.
Gold Coast: Great, he's yours.
Essendon: Well, do you want anything for him?
Gold Coast: Nah, not really.

Hardly a brilliant, genius trade.

However I will say, that for the first time in kind of forever, they actually targeted a player type that they needed. So kudos for finally getting that part of List Management right.

The fact that he's actually having a decent year isn't on Dodoro though. Surely that's a tick for Rutten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back