Recommitted Bayley Fritsch [Re-signed til 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Played forward and back today

Don’t think Dees know where to play him
He goes back when Melbourne are getting beaten all over the ground to help with intercepting the ball. Other than that he is always forward.

The more I watch him the more I like him. I don't think he would fit the gameplan at Richmond but there are plenty of sides he could make better. Would not surprise me to see maybe Essendon or St Kilda sniff around him.

Do Melbourne supporters want to keep him or are they happy for him to go?

The more I watch him the more I like him. I don't think he would fit the gameplan at Richmond but there are plenty of sides he could make better. Would not surprise me to see maybe Essendon or St Kilda sniff around him.

2018 I loved what he did, 2019 he went back out of necessity.

2020 he thinks he is Wayne Carey or something. Actually maybe Warrick capper. Doesn't lead hard enough, doesn't run hard, and when he does get it, he misses simple shots. He's an absolute frustration who in my opinion doesn't work hard enough defensively, and is getting his capabilities and his intention mixed up offensively.

Agree with you, I rate him. Needs to sort out his kicking though since that type of player lives or dies on his goal kicking, he is fairly selfish. That's fine if you kick the goals....

2020 he thinks he is Wayne Carey or something. Actually maybe Warrick capper. Doesn't lead hard enough, doesn't run hard, and when he does get it, he misses simple shots. He's an absolute frustration who in my opinion doesn't work hard enough defensively, and is getting his capabilities and his intention mixed up offensively.
Not far off, at his age he has all the potential to be one of the comps best 3rd talls no doubt. He kicks straight he is very valuable.

Frustrating sums him up perfectly. For a guy with the talent he possesses, the returns are underwhelming. His work rate is poor and whether that is an attitude or fitness thing it all comes back to him. He's a terrific mark and a smart one on one player for a guy of his build but offers little when the ball hits the ground and his set shot kicking has been abysmal.

I would say the majority wouldn't want to lose him, but if a good offer came along I wouldn't be opposed to moving him.

He had seven shots on goal yesterday while barely pulling his finger out, and completely nullified Nick Haynes last week while again looking entirely laconic. Lacks the professionalism to become elite but has only been in the AFL system for three years now, we're clearly not trading him. 9th in the comp for average scoring shots per game while playing in the side with arguably the worst ball movement going inside 50. Needs a big preseason and obviously has to work on his goalkicking but given how rubbish our forward line is we can't afford to lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely keep. His goal kicking has been poor however last year it was one of his strengths, he's also very versatile

i would be surprised if he was traded

Pretty sure i read it on another thread he was late to training because he was doing a COVID test and the team bus left without him

Pretty sure i read it on another thread he was late to training because he was doing a COVID test and the team bus left without him
Not sure about the Covid test part, but according to the MFC podcast he missed the bus - which sounds bizarre but apparently there were several mini-bus things going on, with different groups assigned to each (forward group, defenders etc) hence nobody noticed the omission. Perils of being a utility I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back