Preview Best 22 and pre-match chat vs Geelong - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh hes a pretty awful kick and as far as I can see his clearance work hasnt been as predominant at AFL level as VFL. He will play some games but hes a worse version of Tyson.
I don’t agree mate. He’s a much bigger, stronger body than Dom. I don’t think he’s a better player though, Tyson is much better than him outside the contest and is a proven goal kicker. Maynard though is s ready made replacement onballer should we get injuries to Clarry, Viney or any other of our inside mids.

Got a top 5 bnf bet going with Proper Gander I think I was too lenient.
Yeah I’m regretting this a bit, but still he is up against guys like Gawn, Clarry, Viney, Hibberd, Lever, Jones etc all of whom will poll well if fit for enough games. Plus the inevitable Trac explosion of 2018

Yeah I’m regretting this a bit, but still he is up against guys like Gawn, Clarry, Viney, Hibberd, Lever, Jones etc all of whom will poll well if fit for enough games. Plus the inevitable Trac explosion of 2018

Wouldn't worry about Lever, he'll be lucky to scrape into the top 10 if he's playing as a key defender. Plus he'll miss games through soft tissues injuries. Looks like Viney is set for an up and down year, so might be able to cross him off as well. Gawn could tumble over and not get up again, so not sure how likely he is to feature prominently either.

Clarry #1 is a given, probably Trac #2, Jones somewhere at the pointy end for sure, Hibberd practically a certainty and maybe Wagner rounding out the five.

As long as Wagner, Bugg or JKH is not named I'm not really fussed. Vince can be in the team for now but will make way for Viney when he returns.

As long as Wagner, Bugg or JKH is not named I'm not really fussed. Vince can be in the team for now but will make way for Viney when he returns.

You're being harsh there - surely Wagner is levels above Bugg and JKH. The guy is a star in the making, he just needs a little positivity in his life.

B: Jetta - O.McDonald - Hibberd
HB: Hunt - Lever - Lewis
C: Salem - Tyson - Jones
HF: Melksham - Hogan - Neal-Bullen
FF: Garlett, T.McDonald, Hannan
FOLL: Gawn - Oliver - Petracca
INT: Vince - Brayshaw - Harmes - Fritsch

TBF hopefully ANB is 7th in the BNF because Clarry Trac Hunt Pang Hogan and Gawn are all Australian

TBF hopefully ANB is 7th in the BNF because Clarry Trac Hunt Pang Hogan and Gawn are all Australian
?
Sam-Pang.jpg

You're being harsh there - surely Wagner is levels above Bugg and JKH. The guy is a star in the making, he just needs a little positivity in his life.
Piss off. 44th man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he really? ... a family story behind that one no doubt!

Worth a listen to its JB calling his first AFL goal but it's about 2:01 he calls him pang. Then again after the 4 minute mark just after the commentary call

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt but something like this is probably our most likely side going in. Henderson and Scott Selwood still out. Our backline is a bit of a mess and last two small forward spots are still up for grabs. Personally, not a fan of Blicavs but he's the best we've got.

B: Bews - Blicavs/Thurlow - Kolodjashnij
Hb: Tuohy Taylor Stewart
M: Duncan Ablett Menegola
HF: Kelly Hawkins Parsons
F: Menzel Crameri Gregson
R: Smith Selwood Danger
I/C Guthries / Parfitt /Cockatoo

I think both sides win the forwards over defenders battle...

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt but something like this is probably our most likely side going in. Henderson and Scott Selwood still out. Our backline is a bit of a mess and last two small forward spots are still up for grabs. Personally, not a fan of Blicavs but he's the best we've got.

B: Bews - Blicavs/Thurlow - Kolodjashnij
Hb: Tuohy Taylor Stewart
M: Duncan Ablett Menegola
HF: Kelly Hawkins Parsons
F: Menzel Crameri Gregson
R: Smith Selwood Danger
I/C Guthries / Parfitt /Cockatoo

I think both sides win the forwards over defenders battle...

I think Crameri will be a great pick-up for Geelong.

HB: Hunt - Petty - Lewis
FF: Vince, T.Smith, Hannan
INT: Vince - Keilty - Harmes - Fritsch

HB: Hunt - Petty - Lewis
FF: Vince, T.Smith, Hannan
INT: Vince - Keilty - Harmes - Fritsch
...what

Actually wanted to mention something I noticed in pre season. We were kicking it wayyyyy more than last year. Like hardly ever got caught up in over handballing chains it was all about getting it forward as quick as possible and not letting teams press us. Can't be bothered checking the stats but I reckon we would have been 1:1 kick to handball ratio

Actually wanted to mention something I noticed in pre season. We were kicking it wayyyyy more than last year. Like hardly ever got caught up in over handballing chains it was all about getting it forward as quick as possible and not letting teams press us. Can't be bothered checking the stats but I reckon we would have been 1:1 kick to handball ratio
Had a quick look. We have kicked more. Had 17 more kicks in game 1 and 44 in game 2. Definitely a better plan. The initial quick handballs pitnif trouble then kick.

Had a quick look. We have kicked more. Had 17 more kicks in game 1 and 44 in game 2. Definitely a better plan. The initial quick handballs pitnif trouble then kick.
But OLIVER HANDBALLS TOO MUCH GUYS

Me and David King hey. Nah was pretty obvious though we were on occasion kicking it through the true CHF spot which I haven't seen for a decade. Not a heap of switches either it was all about backing each other one on one. Think we are trying to mitigate the Richmond press in anticipation teams are copying it by going straight over the top and making the defenders defend. That's where the balance comes between the first half against the saints and the second because the saints sat back and let us kick long. That's where we have to show patience or at least tackle the tigs and get shots away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back