Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I wonder if this could open a can of worms to all sorts of injuries.

If someone has done multiple ACLs, say Menzel, could he sue the league citing ongoing issues with his injury?

What if someone has dodgy shoulders? Marc Murphy suggested he couldn't even lift one of his arms above a certain point the last few years of his career, could he sue the AFL because he has a dodgy shoulder now?

How is this it different to concussion?

I know the NFLs big lawsuit was around the league colluding to hide evidence and telling the players there wasn't anything to worry about, despite having and receiving evidence that actually there was a big something to worry about. As far as I know that wasn't what the AFL did so I'm not sure where the lawsuit fits as opposed to the other injuries - though perhaps they did hide some evidence and it will be made public through the lawsuit, in which case fair play.

People working construction know the risks, and they still receive compo if a pallet of bricks falls on them.

Only because that would be negligence. I can't see the parallel in playing a game of football. But it's clear that the AFL are s**t-scared of being found negligent, so they've over-compensated with a braindead penalty system.

If someone has done multiple ACLs, say Menzel, could he sue the league citing ongoing issues with his injury?

What if someone has dodgy shoulders? Marc Murphy suggested he couldn't even lift one of his arms above a certain point the last few years of his career, could he sue the AFL because he has a dodgy shoulder now?

I know the NFLs big lawsuit was around the league colluding to hide evidence and telling the players there wasn't anything to worry about, despite having and receiving evidence that actually there was a big something to worry about. As far as I know that wasn't what the AFL did so I'm not sure where the lawsuit fits as opposed to the other injuries - though perhaps they did hide some evidence and it will be made public through the lawsuit, in which case fair play.

The NFL now provides a fairly substantial long-term level of health insurance, then funding towards healthcare costs in recognition of the ongoing complications players might have post career.

The NFL now provides a fairly substantial long-term level of health insurance, then funding towards healthcare costs in recognition of the ongoing complications players might have post career.
It's not as robust as you might think. The insurance is only for players who've played more than 5 seasons (the average NFL career is 3 years), only covers for 5 years post retirement, at which point premiums can cost up to $35,000 a year.

For example, the NFL player who nearly died on the field this year, Damar Hamlin, is not covered. If his career ended after that hit and needed ongoing care he would not have NFL health insurance and would've been out of pocket for his healthcare.

That's just a very brief overview of a couple of the flaws in their system.

The NFL is not who we should be using as an example. They still do whatever they can to get out of paying for players healthcare post career, even those who qualify for the insurance.

Though having said that the players are at fault for it, at least in part. They agreed in their most recent CBA to watered down health coverage.

Last edited:
Why is concussion an AFL issue, but the racism scandals at Hawthorn and Collingwood are club issues?

It's not like it was AFL appointed doctor's that were sending players back out on the field, or allowing them to return to playing even if they still had symptoms. I'd also hazard a guess that plenty of coaches have sat down with players still suffering symptoms of concussion and gently explained to them the ramifications of not making themselves available for the upcoming game. I'd be very, VERY shocked if there wasn't a direct nexus between players playing when still suffering from concussions and individuals who work at the club.

Only if Menzel can prove the workplace was unsafe.

Shaun Rehn sued and won because the centre square bounce pad contributed to his knee reco . Anybody who did a knee on the early Docklands surface may also be able to sue

Do you guys need to set up a thread. there's a tell... When Youse is naming names, Youse posts don't b'long 'ere!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At The Richmond v Sydney game a bunch of Richmond fans were talking about that Dustin Martin drove his Harley Davidson to Adelaide the day of the game and he stopped in Bordertown where the fans were like ahhh what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be there already?? He just shrugged his shoulders and got back on his bike.

Apparently he hates flying??

Anyone from Richmond know anything about that?

At The Richmond v Sydney game a bunch of Richmond fans were talking about that Dustin Martin drove his Harley Davidson to Adelaide the day of the game and he stopped in Bordertown where the fans were like ahhh what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be there already?? He just shrugged his shoulders and got back on his bike.

Apparently he hates flying??

Anyone from Richmond know anything about that?
Did they also tell you about great investment opportunities with the money left to them by a Nigerian Prince?

Even though they knew the risks?
We all take risks and hope it doesn’t happen.
We drive cars and (most of us) hope no one runs into us.
If it does happen we all call on our insurance or the T.A.C. in worst case scenarios.

Google “AFL player boxing” and Ablett Snr is one of the first to come up.

Says it all really.

Would have the same eye roll if Barry Hall complained about AFL related concussions too

Google Shane Tuck - Boxing - Concussion- Mental Health - Suicide

I don’t think it’s that easy to understand how people think

Ableet is a long-time junkie, His brain was fried from drugs decades ago. He blew all of his money on drugs and has been sponging off his sons for the last 20 years. Obviously Junior has told him to go find drug money elsewhere.

He really is human garbage. How he didn't get locked up for killing that girl is beyond me.

And if he wants to talk about head injuries, maybe ask him about the time he split open Kristian Bardly's face open with his elbow.

Peter Caven must have Plugger in his sight's.

I've heard through the grapevine from a friend of a friend that one big name in the media industry indulges in frequent self-pleasure sessions and has daily sexual fantasies involving Marcus Bontempelli from the Western Bulldogs.
I will not name the media personality out of respect, but his name rhymes with Fabian Claret. Make of that what you will....
Well that rules out Damien Barrett since his name doesn't rhyme with that. Who could it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back