Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True or not, the AFL is in a precarious position with the gambling companies.
Throwing the occasional player under the bus for doing it is one thing, if it came out that a group of players was doing this, it would hurt both brands. I wouldn't put it past the AFL to cover it up.
Gambling ruins so many lives. For some people it's a drug. I haven't been personally affected but I would love to see a limit on advertising.

Gambling ruins so many lives. For some people it's a drug. I haven't been personally affected but I would love to see a limit on advertising.

It’s survival of the fittest. If you don’t know what you’re doing you can get cleaned out. The worst part about bookies is the ludicrous limits once you start profiting

I saw some texts (probably fake) going around the collingwood football club about another gambling incident after the Jaidyn Stephenson incident. The text said that more players had been found guilty of gambling on their own games. The message also said that collingwood were going to miss the rest of the season including finals and the team in 9th position on the ladder were going to play finals. When asked about the messages, the collingwood football club and eddie mcguire didnt have much to say and it went pretty quiet

Thanks Sandra Sully

this has got to be that fk face Margetts,
Eagles supporting him through a gambling problem while he pays them back with free kicks.
it all makes sense now!
So it’s not just Essendon fans that hate that campaigner?

this has got to be that fk face Margetts,
Eagles supporting him through a gambling problem while he pays them back with free kicks.
it all makes sense now!

Is there any conspiracy, I mean any conspiracy that Dorkers silly people won't consider as an excuse for 25 years of abject failure? It's embarrassing.

If it's not the fault of the WCE it's the umpires. Seriously, how do you cope?

True or not, the AFL is in a precarious position with the gambling companies.
Throwing the occasional player under the bus for doing it is one thing, if it came out that a group of players was doing this, it would hurt both brands. I wouldn't put it past the AFL to cover it up.
One thing the AFL don’t want to do is punish someone for fixing a game. We’ve seen it with tanking and gambling. It’d open a massive can of worms.
I'm not so sure.

Covering up match fixing and being caught out would royally * the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone thought of just having a beer? I mean you can literally have as much as you like, am I missing something?

Alcohol is terrible for athletes.

Drugs just give you anxiety and mental health issues, but you don't need to suck on a hydrolyte for two days to get back to square after blowing the cobwebs out.

I'm not so sure.

Covering up match fixing and being caught out would royally fu** the AFL
Agree. But the fact Stephenson was betting on outcomes he could manipulate and only getting 10 games tells me the AFL were happy to sweep it under the rug. Like Melbourne and not tanking. And other clubs not being investigated for tanking. We had a former Carlton assistant tell us they were tanking and the AFL said nothing to see here. The AFL have too much to lose and probably make educated decisions on such matters.

Everything is about image with AFL...

It's why honest commentators are either marched out of the business or suddenly change their attitude quick smart.

Why do you think Ling and Darcy have kept commentary jobs for so long, it's certainly not due tot heir ability

Honestly though it's not a surprise that quite a few young players around here let loose a bit in the off season . There's concerts and festivals galore over here so it makes it easier for them. I can name easily a few of our players like Ryan, Cox, McCarthy, Darcy and Hogan who all enjoy a bit of a party. It seems a few West Coast players like Barrass, Rioli, Ryan and Cameron (I don't follow enough on social media to know who else) enjoy it too. As long as it doesn't severely effect them then let em go ahead and relax.

100% agree. You would have to be naive that players dont like a bit of fun in the off season on Pills, coke and what not. As long as they dont get photographed looking like an idiot or doing a Benny Cousins and getting on it for a week long bender then no one really cares.

A former player (two Melbourne based clubs) had a healthy and promising media career , with regular radio and TV gigs, up until a few years ago when he rather silently and suddenly moved to the country with his family and is apparently now selling cars for a living.

The reason for the sudden move was the wife found out he was having an affair with a coworker from one of his sponsored gigs and gave him the ultimatum to either go bush or go their separate ways.
With all due respect, Kyenton is an hour away from Melbourne. Can't see how the guy can't keep his media career going, even at a reduced scale. BT lives in the country 2 hours from Melbourne, Bruce travels in from Adelaide every week, Cometti did from Perth, and Lethal from Brisbane. A couple of media gigs a week takes up a lot less time and probably earns more $ than selling cars at Toyota....

With all due respect, Kyenton is an hour away from Melbourne. Can't see how the guy can't keep his media career going, even at a reduced scale. BT lives in the country 2 hours from Melbourne, Bruce travels in from Adelaide every week, Cometti did from Perth, and Lethal from Brisbane. A couple of media gigs a week takes up a lot less time and probably earns more $ than selling cars at Toyota....
I think you've missed the point entirely.

So...having spent the last 5 days on and off (yes, I know) reading this thread, can it be summed up as follows:

A Whopper of a story about 2 teammates turned out to be about Jack all, but "Anyhow have a Winfield" Hoges apparently likes living it up in Perth, while Jimmy cared Nad(i)a about being married and had them lining up in every port. At least one Brownlow Medallist is said to like wearing dresses and making his Mark while driving around with cops hanging off his car door, while some other Medallists were known to like the Real Thing with Coke. A Bulldogs legend had his club at their Whitt(s)en(d) while another ex-Bulldog was Stringer-ing along many women; it was never a DahlHouse in the Kennel but luckily their antics weren't B(u)oy(e)d along any longer.

Meanwhile, a media identity was allegedly sheehan it to a few lady Blues, a few "Lady toys"" may have gone Walkerabout at Adelaide. The biggest surprise of all was that Fev-olayed a fair chunk on the punt, while Ang couldn't Win at Carlton. Moore's the pity that blokes giving a bum tap during/after a game while fully clothed is Pie in the sky in some circles - Not That There's Anything Wrong With That. If you want to fly like an Eagle, then be prepared to get the heave-ho from those across town. If you're not a fan of Adrian, you may get shown the D-Door-o.

Have I missed anything major?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back