Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not on the ground in WA, so can't relate from experience, but introverted types are often incredibly misunderstood particularly in a footy culture. especially if they dont want to partake in typical football boofhead activities. introverts can often find being around people incredibly draining.
Spot on!

I was talking to someone only a couple of weeks ago who is involved in training some of our government agencies and they were telling me that you’d be surprised how often this happens.
It’s called being promoted up to get you out.
Happens everywhere.

He was a war pilot, is this not true?

I would be more concerned having a peodphile living next door than a returned serviceman who exaggerated his exploits.

he only flew two missions that saw action and they were at the very end of the war. Brave man no doubt but i've read stuff saying he flew 100+ missions which is complete nonsense. He was a war hero in the sense that everyone who fought in the war was a hero.

he only flew two missions that saw action and they were at the very end of the war. Brave man no doubt but i've read stuff saying he flew 100+ missions which is complete nonsense. He was a war hero in the sense that everyone who fought in the war was a hero.
Keith Millers record is famous for 1 line

'pressure on the field, Nah, pressure is having a messerschmidt up your arse'

Still more action than Bradman saw.

I think it is rather poor you post bullshit and parade it as fact regarding Miller.

He flew 100s of missions during the war.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/death-of-a-hero-20041012-gdjwjz.html

Here is his war record, does not specify missions but logs the hours . In 1944 alone he flew 448 hours flying mosquitos at night supporting bomber command. He was in Europe for years during the war as a pilot. They dont send them there for holidays, they are flying or they are sent home .

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=5247676

As for the assertion of another poster otto2gaz that he is a peodophile well i cant find anything at all, he was a womaniser who left his long term wife for another lady but no suggestion that he was involved with kids.
What a horrid accusation to make of a dead man just so you can feel good by big noting yourself on a forum at someone’s else’s expense.

Think you both should delete your post out of respect for Keith Miller who was a wonderful sportsman and a war veteran of good standing.

I'm not sure in what fashion you are using the word huge SA but at his peak the Wiz was one of the biggest names in footy. He could seriously play. Was always entertaining, still is I reckon.
The bloke in question could have been anything - serious skills and physique for a little bloke but apparently liked the off-field and possibly associating with the WAGS a little bit too much - I doubt he attends too many reunions these days.
I once heard that he had 40+ possessions by half time in an under age game in a competition that produced a number of AFL players.
Had a beer with him and the East Freo blokes at the Norfolk Hotel a few times in the late 80's and a great bloke but like Capper, could never walk past a mirror just the once.

How many of us would welcome being constantly approached by complete strangers when we are out with friends in our own time, or just going about our business?

I get harassed all the time that going out is frustrating dodging all the fans

I think it is rather poor you post bullshit and parade it as fact regarding Miller.

Here is his war record, does not specify missions but logs the hours . In 1944 alone he flew 448 hours flying mosquitos at night supporting bomber command. He was in Europe for years during the war as a pilot. They dont send them there for holidays, they are flying or they are sent home .

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=5247676

As for the assertion of another poster otto2gaz that he is a peodophile well i cant find anything at all, he was a womaniser who left his long term wife for another lady but no suggestion that he was involved with kids.
What a horrid accusation to make of a dead man just so you can feel good by big noting yourself on a forum at someone’s else’s expense.

Think you both should delete your post out of respect for Keith Miller who was a wonderful sportsman and a war veteran of good standing.
If you're going to bag Miller, he wasn't exactly father of the year material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Keith Miller was a *in lad. Your classic Australian bloke. Fought in a war, played for the Dees, had a knock for Australia, loved a pint, and liked women.

As for the gay current youngish player in here, I don’t know if he’s gay but I heard he was into cuckolding, and his girlfriend at the time was going through heaps of the list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who was the Hawthorn supporter who (wrongly) complained that 90% of this thread was taken up with rumours about gay players and drug taking players?
He got that wrong.
90% is now taken up with a mind numbing debate about that goon Adrian Dodoro.
Comments about Dodora’s unpopularity do not belong in this thread.
BASTA

Quit living in the past.

That was pages ago. Seems you were a little too late with your attempt to sink the boot in.

Yeah Keith Miller was a ****in lad. Your classic Australian bloke. Fought in a war, played for the Dees, had a knock for Australia, loved a pint, and liked women.

As for the gay current youngish player in here, I don’t know if he’s gay but I heard he was into cuckolding, and his girlfriend at the time was going through heaps of the list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny you say that.

I was having a discussion with a friend who works in the sex industry (webcam girl, ex high end stripper) . According to Her, there are LOTS of footy players, bikies, high end corporate types etc. that absolutely thrive on hiring ladies of the night to dominate and humiliate them. There is quite the correlation between high pressure, high performance lifestyles and BDSM. According to my friend, it's all to do with the pleasure taken in giving up control, instead of always being the one in control.

Some Melbourne/Sydney hookers black books would make for very interesting reading.

Pretty boring but Sam Mitchell didnt leave West Coast because his wife was homesick. He left because he didnt get along with Adam Simpson once he became an assistant. Apparently doesnt rate Simmo much as a coach either.

Was surprised that Sam Mitchell stayed on as a coach at the club this year. I was told last year he was not well liked among a whole bunch of the players (linked to his attitude). Possibly helped some of the players change their ways and result in a premiership though? Who knows? This was from a sister of one of the premiership players.

Was surprised that Sam Mitchell stayed on as a coach at the club this year. I was told last year he was not well liked among a whole bunch of the players (linked to his attitude). Possibly helped some of the players change their ways and result in a premiership though? Who knows? This was from a sister of one of the premiership players.

I would believe that 100%.

I find that hard to believe based purely on the interactions you saw Mitchell have with the players on the ground and in the rooms, especially the midfield group. Most of them have commented how they are sorry to see him go and Masten and Redden have stated that he has turned their careers around.

read page 32.

he did 672 hours of training and 14 hours of operational flying. He did two missions from what i can see in April-May 1945. Germany surrendered May 7th. He only arrived in England in 1943. So unless you show me something different i won't be deleting anything!

I find that hard to believe based purely on the interactions you saw Mitchell have with the players on the ground and in the rooms, especially the midfield group. Most of them have commented how they are sorry to see him go and Masten and Redden have stated that he has turned their careers around.

Yeo spoke very highly of him too.

You made the statement he flew 2 missions and only now you are searching for something to back it up. I actually looked for anything that may reflect this built can find no reference to exaggerating his war record as you suggest.
Yes he did that training but he also did 448 hours in 1944 while in Europe. 128 hours in the 6 months upto august 1944

The newspaper article discusses he did 100s of missions.

Why you so hell bent on trashing his legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back