Best from the 2007 draft

Best from the 07 Draft

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair to say that Cotchin has been one of the best performed midfielder in 2012, had an awesome 2011 that saw him win the B&F, so it's not as if he hasn't been consistent, I think Cotchin would be leading my some margin with some very very good footballers following him closely after that.

Bump.

Looking at it now, this was a very strong draft (was at the beginning of the thread too but looks even stronger now). Most of them have really come on in the last year or so.

Very true. Just goes to show that it takes differing amounts of time for players to establish themselves.

Bump.

Looking at it now, this was a very strong draft (was at the beginning of the thread too but looks even stronger now). Most of them have really come on in the last year or so.

Top comment. Even players who struggled like Myers, Armfield and Masten are starting to play good footy. Add them to the superstars like Cotchin, Dangerfield and Taylor and it looks a bloody good draft.

had to laugh when I saw who you barracked for .... I would not start throwing stones about drafting !!

What does the team he support have to do with his comment?

Kruezer at the moment is so far behind those 3, admittedly he's copped a whack of injuries the past year and a bit, but to say you wouldn't trade him for anyone is very silly, you're lacking a power forward (Walker) also lacking IMO one superstar midfielder (Cotchin, Dangerfield).

talls take longer than midfielders... Kreuzer is like a ruckman that can play mid... cotchin and dangerfield are guns, great players. I am just saying I would not trade kreuzer for any of them... good talls are harder to find than midfielders... just an opinion and I have no problem with those who differ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

talls take longer than midfielders... Kreuzer is like a ruckman that can play mid... cotchin and dangerfield are guns, great players. I am just saying I would not trade kreuzer for any of them... good talls are harder to find than midfielders... just an opinion and I have no problem with those who differ
Walker's tall too champ.

Taylor, one of the best backmen in the game, who can go forward and have an impact. Surely you can't ask for much more from a KPP? I'd argue getting a good KPP is harder than getting a good midfielder, so that pushes him on top.

Kreuzer wouldn't even be in the top 10. It's good that he's 'almost like another midfielder' because his ruckwork leaves a lot to be desired, as does his work as a forward.

Not the best, but Jack Steven is putting his hand up for top 10.

Probably something like

Cotchin
Taylor
Dangerfield
Rioli
Walker
Ward
Selwood
Stevens
Mayne
Hanley

Masten/McEvoy/Kruezer/Grimes/Bellchambers/Thompson best of the rest no particular order.

I think Taylor is a clear number 1 cotchin comes in second might be the other way around if they swapped teams...

i love watching geelong and harry taylor is one of those reasons which is a big thing considering defenders are usually considered dour to watch for the sake of a 'spectacle'

Would not trade Kreuzer for any of them

Back