Toast Best GF ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was like a much better version of 2005. A tense game with an exciting last few minutes but the standard of footy wasn't that great.

True story short.

On Friday I had an appointment with the doctor because I did myself a mischief playing golf and required a CT scan of the chest area.

What the scan found was a 15mm legion and a 9mm legion on separate nods of the liver (not what it was searching for)

As my wife is a nurse, she was concerned.
Me being in road construction, I couldn't give a flying f**k.
I told her if it is a problem, it can wait until Monday, as we have more important things to worry about this weekend.

Now I am not an idiot, I know it isn't great but I am in such a brilliant place mentally, she allowed me to not only drink alcohol today but even eat s**t like hotdogs and pizza.

I love my wife, I love the world and I love the Pies.

No matter what the diagonis is, today the world is great.

Great game Brisbane but go Pies.

Great high scoring 1st half of football, than predictably became risk averse in the second half. No doubt an instruction from both coaches, seen it many times over recent years.

Great my team won but a bit too predictable imo

True story short.

On Friday I had an appointment with the doctor because I did myself a mischief playing golf and required a CT scan of the chest area.

What the scan found was a 15mm legion and a 9mm legion on separate nods of the liver (not what it was searching for)

As my wife is a nurse, she was concerned.
Me being in road construction, I couldn't give a flying f**k.
I told her if it is a problem, it can wait until Monday, as we have more important things to worry about this weekend.

Now I am not an idiot, I know it isn't great but I am in such a brilliant place mentally, she allowed me to not only drink alcohol today but even eat s**t like hotdogs and pizza.

I love my wife, I love the world and I love the Pies.

No matter what the diagonis is, today the world is great.

Great game Brisbane but go Pies.
Great stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sooks and whiners will always find a reason to be negative, but I’d rate it as a classic. Certainly one of the most TENSE GFs ever.
That climax where the umpires gave Collingwood a 50 which resulted them in winning the premiership, and not bringing the ball back to Brisbane when it wasn't advantage sticks out badly compared to other climatic GF endings.

Yep.

Capped off one of the best finals series too. Only one game decided by more than 4 goals. Five of nine finals decided by single digit margins. Prelims were fantastic and the grand final was a classic.
I thought the finals series was quite poor, too defensive, low scoring. Thought the first half of this one was excellent, but went back to that terrible defensive game style.

was an alright watch due to being close and that's about it

lacked exciting moments and not much skill on display

5/10
In the first half there was plenty of skill.

Tapered away in the second half when they got understandably tired. But Hill mark, Cameron goals, was still a good watch.

Was an open game, something to be said for day finals.

2023 is not the best GF by a stretch, but some all time great melts.

1989 rated the best by fellas I know who saw 1958. Extraordinary skills, carnage and superhuman courage, and the GOAT kicking 9.

Nothing else I have seen comes close and I have been to over a dozen live and I've been watching them since 1977.

That climax where the umpires gave Collingwood a 50 which resulted them in winning the premiership, and not bringing the ball back to Brisbane when it wasn't advantage sticks out badly compared to other climatic GF endings.

Yeah I don’t get how it was tense for some.

The AFL chose their winner weeks ago. Knowing that the result was predetermined and fixed made it less tense. I just feel for the Brisbane supporters who never realistically had a chance despite being so close.

The terrible advantage decision decided the premiership. Unfortunately that won’t be reflected in the history books but we all know it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back