Toast Best GF ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the 2018 GF was better because Collingwood lost.

In all seriousness though I thought that was a better game with better umpiring and it had a better finish.

I'm not a big fan of West Coast either but the way they fought back after a slow start and then the clutch winning goal to Sheed was epic.

They also had to beat Collingwood at their home ground with the majority of the support against them, that was a far more impressive win.
Of course you do 😂

True story short.

On Friday I had an appointment with the doctor because I did myself a mischief playing golf and required a CT scan of the chest area.

What the scan found was a 15mm legion and a 9mm legion on separate nods of the liver (not what it was searching for)

As my wife is a nurse, she was concerned.
Me being in road construction, I couldn't give a flying f**k.
I told her if it is a problem, it can wait until Monday, as we have more important things to worry about this weekend.

Now I am not an idiot, I know it isn't great but I am in such a brilliant place mentally, she allowed me to not only drink alcohol today but even eat s**t like hotdogs and pizza.

I love my wife, I love the world and I love the Pies.

No matter what the diagonis is, today the world is great.

Great game Brisbane but go Pies.
Stay safe man, enjoy !

At the end of the day the history books will show the pies won the flag in 2023.

But deep down you won’t be satisfied or content because you know you didn’t deserve it. A big fat asterisk for those of us who look a little deeper.

And that makes me happy.

Enjoy your night.
Lost our 2nd best defender early and had 30 scoring shots, credit to the Lions they played well but we should have won by more in the end.

True story short.

On Friday I had an appointment with the doctor because I did myself a mischief playing golf and required a CT scan of the chest area.

What the scan found was a 15mm legion and a 9mm legion on separate nods of the liver (not what it was searching for)

As my wife is a nurse, she was concerned.
Me being in road construction, I couldn't give a flying f**k.
I told her if it is a problem, it can wait until Monday, as we have more important things to worry about this weekend.

Now I am not an idiot, I know it isn't great but I am in such a brilliant place mentally, she allowed me to not only drink alcohol today but even eat s**t like hotdogs and pizza.

I love my wife, I love the world and I love the Pies.

No matter what the diagonis is, today the world is great.

Great game Brisbane but go Pies.
“Me being in road construction”. You sound like one of those “kids these days don’t know hard work” or “this ain’t hot, cause up in the mines” types.

Stay safe man, enjoy !
Thank you my friend, but as I say to most people "there are people worse off than I"

The world is generally a great place.
Let us not lose track on reality.

I have four healthy, beautiful grandchildren. I have ensured that they will have every chance in life.

Today was the chocolate topping on the sundae, that is my life.

Be kind my friends.

1989 is overrated, there were some great bumps but the Hawks were well on top of Geelong who only made a late charge right at the end.

Geelong were never really a realistic chance of winning it and it was only Gary Ablett Sr's 9 goals that kept it from being a complete blowout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will overshadow the game by tomorrow

How can someone smother Cox by taking two steps and not be in the protected area? Asking for a mate who thinks Bailey kicked a goal from the resulting non-50m penalty to Cox. How did Brisbane kick a goal that kept them in it in the 3rd quarter? Oh, a dodgy 50m penalty resulting in a shot on goal? But Brisbane stupidly taking advantage after the whistle which would have resulted in a shot at goal from 65m out was the decisive call, not Daniher missing an easy shot?

As above. Was looking like a shoot out but fizzled out.

89 still the best. I think 2018 topped this game. 09 and the drawn grand final still better.
A fair amount of bias on my part, but 2018 really delivered in terms of grand final worthy moments.

Crazy skills, contests, marks, clangers/stuff ups and storylines within the game for both teams.

I've also never seen a side as talented as the 2018 West Coast side drop off so severely and coast, when the return of their number 1 ruck, best lockdown small defender and best outside mid should have catapulted them back into contention. Which makes me appreciate Collingwood's ability to get back here even more.

“Me being in road construction”. You sound like one of those “kids these days don’t know hard work” or “this ain’t hot, cause up in the mines” types.
LOL, brilliant my friend, that is awesome.

I started on a shovel and a hand rammer, that was 30 years ago.

Now things are a tad different, as I have businesses all across Australia and rely on other to do the heavy lifting.
I do the heavy pricing :D and ensure my team have what they need to succeed.

True what you say though, now every machine, must have air conditioning and access to a fridge/freezer :p

The umpiring at the end ruined it ...

Lol, tell that to Hipwood and Rayner who stunk it up something shocking. People always look for the easy excuse rather than those who choked.

Pies kick straight it was over at 3/4 time.

That is just life, someone wins, someone loses.

Yeah I don’t get how it was tense for some.

The AFL chose their winner weeks ago. Knowing that the result was predetermined and fixed made it less tense. I just feel for the Brisbane supporters who never realistically had a chance despite being so close.

The terrible advantage decision decided the premiership. Unfortunately that won’t be reflected in the history books but we all know it.
This is up there as one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this forum.

First half was fantastic. Second half not as good, but still gripping. I feel like 2018 was better, but it was great to see a close Grand Final.

2011 is also quite underrated in this conversation because of Geelong kicking away in the final quarter. The first three quarters of that match were top tier. Must be a thing with Collingwood and good Grand Finals...

An absolute belter, with arguably the greatest first half of all time.

On the whole, from a completely non-biased perspective, my top 5 after today probably reads...

2010 draw
2012 (although I've only watched it once and it hurts to type)

Collingwood's missed goals kept Lions in it making it a close Grand final, but pies were the better team today.
I get a bit tired of hearing best game/final ever been thrown around seems any close game these days automatically becomes best ever.

KISS were the best pre match entertainment for years (not since Bryan Adams and before him Lionel Ritchie).

The grand final was decent as a neutral supporter, it fizzled out a bit in the final quarter (dodgy umpiring + tiring bodies = tense LIVE... but it doesn't quite stand up upon re-watches - I've already watched the match twice now).

2010 draw
2012 (although I've only watched it once and it hurts to type)

Out of non Hawthorn grand finals my top 5 would be something like

Top 5 involving Hawthorn

:p

Amazing “performance” by Tommy Mitchell at the end

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Remove this Banner Ad

Back