GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Of all the current players wearing Number 39 on their gurnsey, who would you say is the best?

Milburn for his longevity at this stage. Drummond has potential to be better if he stays injury free for a couple of years.

None of those players will have as good a career as Darren Milburn. Even now, at the age of 30, he is showing some of the younger pups how to perform in finals. He is a wily, tough, versatile defender with elite footskills and an amazing ability to read the the flight of the ball.

None of those players will have as good a career as Darren Milburn. Even now, at the age of 30, he is showing some of the younger pups how to perform in finals. He is a wily, tough, versatile defender with elite footskills and an amazing ability to read the the flight of the ball.

Drummond's already better than Milburn's ever been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted Drummond.
LoL at Neville Jetta getting a vote. I like the look of the bloke but I mean... could that be a more bias vote of course Drummond, Shaw, Milburn etc are ahead of him:confused::confused:

You get top points for reading comprehension Einstein.

The same could easily be said about your response to the OP. The question asks who the best player currently wearing number #39 is, not who has had the best or most accomplished career, just simply the best. Josh Drummond is a better footballer than Darren Milburn.

The same could easily be said about your response to the OP. The question asks who the best player currently wearing number #39 is, not who has had the best or most accomplished career, just simply the best. Josh Drummond is a better footballer than Darren Milburn.

Josh Drummond would be a better player than Darren Milburn right now if he could get on the park with relative consistency. Is he the type of player who could play through injury in a final and do well? I doubt it.

Anyway, I take your point. Whether or not he will have a better career is irrelevant in the scheme of this thread.

Back