Best Simpsons Season

Remove this Banner Ad

"Season 13+- ie. I'm an idiot" Who gives a s**t if people like season 13+. You can't scare people into not voting for it if they truly like it.
Find me one person who likes any seasons after 13, and is not an idiot.
I will pay you $100.

On topic, I thought the first 3 seasons weren't too good, but from season 4 to season 9, it is just amazing. The best T.V of all time came from that period.

EDIT: Why does the poll add up to 275% ?

If someone can be bothered giving a rundown of the best episodes of each season that would help, ive lost count of which episodes are from which season.

All the seasons from 2 - 9 or 10 are excellent and i don't really have a favorite. But one out of seasons 3-6 or so would be my pick if i had to choose one. Long running shows usually peak in that middle period.

Season 6 for me, Season 10 is where the quality really started to drop off and 11 onwards are just unwatchable compared to the prime seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite of all-time, "Lisa on Ice", is in season 6.

That season also had "Sideshow Bob Roberts", "Lemon of Troy", "Homer the Great", "Bart of Darkness" and "Bart vs. Australia." Classics. :)

It's real hard to actually go through each season and rank them. Especially from 4-7. It's all gold IMO and hard to split.

This show doesn't get the kudos it deserves, perhaps because of the newer episodes and when it was at it's peak noone took it seriously because it was a cartoon. Not many shows can bost a run of 5/6 seasons (20 episodes each mind you) where there is rarely a stinker among them. It should be known as one of the best comedies or even sitcoms IMO when people come up with their lists (i.e. up there with Seinfeld). The only bad episode that sticks out is the Laddie one from season 3-8.

Really? In a recent poll of classic shows of the last twenty-five years it was #1. Can't think of a comedy besides Seinfeld that is more highly rated.

I must be reading the wrong reviews and lists. I guess part of the reason is because it's still going so people aren't going to pour praise on it especially while what they're serving up now is ordinary.

Some of those episodes between 2-9 are just fantastic

the joy of sect, a star is burns, who shot Mr burns, king size homer and cape fear are just some of the brilliant episodes this show has produced....if i had to pick my favorite season it would probably be #3, it had some quality episodes.

Homer vs New York City is a classic.

Vendor: 'Mountain Dew or crab juice'
Homer: 'Blecch! Ew! Sheesh! I'll take a crab juice.'

'Homer Badman' from season six is up there with the all-time great television show episodes.

Lisa: Sorry, Dad, we do believe in you, we really do.
Bart: It's just hard not to listen to TV: it's spent so much more time raising us than you have.

-------

Bart
: Can I come to the candy show, huh, huh? Can I, can I? Huh, huh, huh? Can I? Can I?
Lisa: No, me! Take me, me, me, me, me, me! Take me, me!
Homer: Sorry, kids, but this is the one event I want my darling wife by my side.
Marge: Oh, well thank you, Homer, but take one of the kids.
Homer: Marge, they can't carry enough candy! They have puny little muscles, not big ropy ones like you.
Marge: Mmm…
Bart: You go, Mom, for the greater good.
Lisa: For the greater good.

--------

Kent Brockman: (on TV) Simpson scandal update - Homer sleeps nude in an oxygen tank which he believes gives him sexual powers.

----------

(In an edited version of his interview with Godfrey Jones, the splices can be told because the clock in the background keeps changing times.)
Homer: Somebody had to take the babysitter home, then I noticed she was sitting on / her / sweet can... / so I grabbed / her / sweet can... / Ohhhh, just thinking about / her / can... / I just wish I had / her / sweet, sweet / s/s/sweet can...
Godfrey: So, Mr. Simpson, you admit you grabbed her can. What do you have to say in your defense? (we see a still video shot of Homer looking lustful) Mr. Simpson, your silence will only incriminate you further! (the frozen image of Homer begins to slowly zoom in) No, Mr. Simpson, don't take your anger out on me! Get back! Get back! M-Mr. Simpson! NOOOO!
(freeze frames on the screaming Godfrey)
Announcer: Dramatization may not have happened.

Oh, how I laugh when simply reciting those lines. Those were the days...

'Tonight on Rock-bottom'... Almost brings tears to the eyes, that does...

Althought hard to choose between because from seasons 2-9 are so good and i love episodes from every season I chose season 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back