Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Saul was comic relief for the most part, do we really need a 5 season melodramatic series on him?

Yes :D

As for Mike, the mystery around his nature is what made him interesting. Let fans come up with their own ideas as to how he became like he did, rather than try and complete every little piece of the Breaking Bad jigsaw puzzle.

Couldn't disagree more with this part. The season 1 ep about him getting revenge on the bent cops who killed his son was one of the series' best eps for mine and gave you a new slant on his relationship with Jessie in BB, masterful stuff.

Because it's on TV!
Wasn't having a go btw. Genuinely curious. I can't stand Walking Dead and think it jumped the shark ages ago but wifey watches it religiously and it's not so bad that I'll leave the room so I kind of watch it too.

Having said that, I think I disagree with just about everything you posted. This is probably my favourite show at the moment. It has everything. Great characters, great story line and great cinematography (if you can call it that on tv).

Wasn't having a go btw. Genuinely curious. I can't stand Walking Dead and think it jumped the shark ages ago but wifey watches it religiously and it's not so bad that I'll leave the room so I kind of watch it too.

Having said that, I think I disagree with just about everything you posted. This is probably my favourite show at the moment. It has everything. Great characters, great story line and great cinematography (if you can call it that on tv).
My reply was just a Seinfeld reference, I know you weren't having a go.

Look, objectively this is not a bad show by any means. I agree with the cinematography point, but disagree on the characters and story line comments. Obviously given this is a thread for fans to discuss it I am going to be in the minority here but I just feel that any of the strong points for this show are directly lifted from BrBa. I mean does anyone really watch this show for Howard, Nacho or Kim?

My reply was just a Seinfeld reference
How did I miss that? :oops:

I just feel that any of the strong points for this show are directly lifted from BrBa.
So what? I don't get why that should count against it. I love that they've taken the elements/characters from BB that I would be interested in seeing expanded upon and creating another whole series about it. I think BCS is every bit as good as BB and in some ways, dare I say it, better.

I mean does anyone really watch this show for Howard, Nacho or Kim?
I wouldn't say I watch the show for them but I don't find them pointless characters.

Gus set it all up if I remember correctly

Yep. Saw Mike knew his s**t, offered him a job which Mike turned down. Gus was like "well at least let me help you clean your cash". I assume cultivating the relationship still with a view to have Mike work for him eventually.

I mean does anyone really watch this show for Howard, Nacho or Kim?

Pretty invested in Nacho actually, Kim less so but still interesting. And Howard (or the actor playing him) is just great to watch even without really caring about his larger story.

That last scene was ice cold, there's no going back now

The opening sequence was great too, first time in the series that the post-BB stuff has looked like genuinely leading somewhere.

Did LOL at the whole Albuquerque Isotopes too, had no idea that was a real thing.

The Isotopes are the AAA affiliate for the Colorado Rockies and were actually named for the Springfield Isotopes (when the team was established to replace the Albuquerque Dukes, the local newspaper polled residents and the Isotopes won 67% of the 120,000 votes cast). They have nothing on the Pensacola Blue Wahoos or the El Paso Chihuahuas.

I haven't watched this show since mid-way through the 2nd season (I think the last episode I watched was just after Jimmy left Davis & Main). Always been meaning to get back into it but for whatever reason haven't got around to it. Worth the effort?

Last edited:
Mike is using Madrigal to launder the $200k he stole from Hector so his daughter in law and granddaughter can use the money legally.

In order to get him on the payroll, Madrigal have listed his job title as "security consultant" to cover his laundering. Mike (in his style as you say) takes this title seriously and actually consults on security. I'm guessing its to feel like he's actually doing something for his money but also to make sure that his money laundering won't get caught out.

So why did he use the stolen ID pass? ... genuine question

So why did he use the stolen ID pass? ... genuine question
Because he was showing how s**t the security is. He wouldn't actually have his own ID pass but was able to get in with someone else's pass. He had a whole spiel about it to the manager guy about how there was no factory wide ID recall once the actually guy turned up to the office.

Yep. Saw Mike knew his s**t, offered him a job which Mike turned down. Gus was like "well at least let me help you clean your cash". I assume cultivating the relationship still with a view to have Mike work for him eventually..
I think Mike went to Gus with the idea of getting him to clean his money with Gus taking a cut however I think Gus said something along the lines of "I don't want to take money from your family".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine watching this series and not caring about Kim, Howard and Nacho. I know more or less where Saul and Mike end up, my investment in the series has a lot to do now with how these characters end up.

And Mando has been stealthily doing some of the best work in the series. The look in his eyes when Arturo is speaking to Hector and again when he's packing the kilos into the bag, are expressive af. The guy is exhausted by all of this.

Imagine watching this series and not caring about Kim, Howard and Nacho. I know more or less where Saul and Mike end up, my investment in the series has a lot to do now with how these characters end up.

And Mando has been stealthily doing some of the best work in the series. The look in his eyes when Arturo is speaking to Hector and again when he's packing the kilos into the bag, are expressive af. The guy is exhausted by all of this.
If Kim dies, we riot. Love her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back