Betting tennis in the run

Remove this Banner Ad

anabac

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
banana boat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just wondering if anyone here has much experience or had much success on betting on tennis in running? Ive found that its my most profitable sport to bet on. I'm half decent at tennis in general, but the in-play betting is where i make more profit than any other sport combined.

It seems if i was disciplined enough to just stick to tennis betting, and specifically live tennis betting, i would actually be a decent punter. Therefore i will never be a decent punter.

The markets are pretty unfair, with a lot of the smaller options in-play being $1.83 H2H, but sometimes there are spots in games where you find value. It seems the way the odds automatically update with in-play tennis betting, they dont fully take into account the way the match is panning out or the situation certain players find themselves in, which can definitely be a benefit to the punter.

I mainly bet with Sportsbet in-play because they seem to offer more markets and more matches than any other book.

I don't think in-play betting is viable until such time as we can do it without the phone.

I had reasonable success using bet365 last year but its easy to lose a lot quickly on a bad run.

This - used to like it with the old bet365 method but not anymore.

I don't think in-play betting is viable until such time as we can do it without the phone.

I had reasonable success using bet365 last year but its easy to lose a lot quickly on a bad run.

Yeah, its pretty easy to lose fast when you think you've found something and it goes the other way. I have found the best technique to avoid that is to just withdraw when i get past a certain point, which brings the balance back to a level where I cant afford to wager over what i would be tempted to had i not withdrawn. Sportsbet have an unlimited cheque policy too, so I have a balance of $900 and every time i get to $1,200 i order another cheque and bring it back to $900. Mind you the balance at the moment is sitting closer to $500 after an ordinary night last night.

Donkson, any chance of you naming whereabouts you can bet in running online? I dont know of anywhere, except Pinnacle on certain events and only at certain times in games.

Has anyone here bet live on a market where the odds have taken a while to update, or have any unusual stories in relation to live betting?

This morning I was watching Andy Murray take on the Spaniard in Granollers. In the seventh game of the second set, Granollers held serve to go 5-2 up. I was looking at live odds with a few agencies and I noticed that Bet365's live score was showing Granollers being 3-1 up, and the odds of $1.44 on him to win the set reflected that scoreline, not the 5-2 scoreline (he was paying $1.16-$1.20 elsewhere). I thought I'd try calling up and to see if I could place a bet on Granollers to win the set, and I was surprised it was accepted. As it turned out, Murray actually saved two set points in the ninth game, broke serve, and ended up winning the set by once again coming from behind in the tiebreak. I don't regret it, though, as I was getting good odds... but it made me wonder how often live odds must freeze. I'm guessing others have experienced something similar before.

Also, has anyone here ever placed an online bet on a live market without calling up to place the bet? I won't name the company, but a few weeks ago I was able to place a live bet online. I was amazed it was accepted. I did bring it to the company's attention and they were thankful for it.

Your Wimbledon wasn't too crash hot by the look of things in bet tracker :rolleyes:

I wish I knew what you were talking about.

I was down a couple of units overall. It was obviously not great, but I haven't lost any sleep over it. Still a memorable tournament with the amount of upsets.

Were you even referring to me or the OP?

Bet tracker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back