Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol cooney is an idiot. why would you ask a bloke who just got traded about how his old club has gone about during trade week getting other players.

The trade talk on the AFL site just popped this one up:

Courtesy of Channel 7 stats guru Josh Kay, if Luke Hodge moves to the Brisbane Lions, 13 of 21 number one picks between 1993 and 2013 will have moved clubs.

1. Darren Gaspar (Freo to Richmond)

I think you'd find the #1 pick from the 1993 draft didn't play for a club that wasn't in the competition then.

The trade talk on the AFL site just popped this one up:

I think you'd find the #1 pick from the 1993 draft didn't play for a club that wasn't in the competition then.

I think you might be reading that wrong? It refers to a bracketed set of years from 1993 to 2013 but doesn't insinuate the Freo trade happened in 93. I couldn't tell you if the trade did or did not happen, however. Have no idea and don't care

Morons are defined as people who believe that anyone who may have a different opinion than them are morons!

Feedback
Moron | Define Moron at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/moron
  1. Cached
moron mo·ron (môr'ŏn') n. A person of mild mental *ation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

I think you might be reading that wrong? It refers to a bracketed set of years from 1993 to 2013 but doesn't insinuate the Freo trade happened in 93. I couldn't tell you if the trade did or did not happen, however. Have no idea and don't care
Darren Gaspar never played for Fremantle. He moved from Sydney (who drafted him) to Richmond in the 1996 pre-season draft.

He (and his brothers) played for South Fremantle in the WAFL.

Those potato farmers "Wallace, Cornes and Barrett" are so biased and ignorant regarding WC it's not funny. Gave us an 'E' for our trading. Midfield is our clear weakness. We got a fringe homegrown midfielder for just about nothing. He might turn out good, hasn't had much opportunity, and could be a hook for his brother who is a very good player. Then initially we had just two picks inside the top 40 which wasn't going to help us much and we've turned it into five which will help us rebuild quickly. Shows how stupid and blind bias and ignorance can make you. I reckon our trading was about a B+. Idiots.

He's had two horrid years. He is costing us so badly. Two horrid years at his age should be sayonara
I don't think his years were "horrid" but he did have some bad games. If we had a pretty good list or even a list where you had younger players who had proved themselves in his position I'd be happy for him to retire but for a number of reasons, the younger players are still a way off. On top of that, we had the worst midfield in the league and the forwards did well kicking the goals they did given we probably had less opportunities generated than anyone. I would hope that LeCras will be treated differently than Priddis though and would be made to earn any games he gets and not just thrown in at the expense of a young developing player. Other than that, there is no real problem with him staying for another year unless we had an opportunity to recruit someone as a "gun" and didn't have the room on the list..don't think that is the problem but Hill and Wellingham may not agree as we have traded in some good picks and will need vacancies.

Wallace just gave us a bogey for trading on Sen, behind Sydney because Sydney managed to get a 2nd round future pick?

I don't think his years were "horrid" but he did have some bad games. If we had a pretty good list or even a list where you had younger players who had proved themselves in his position I'd be happy for him to retire but for a number of reasons, the younger players are still a way off. On top of that, we had the worst midfield in the league and the forwards did well kicking the goals they did given we probably had less opportunities generated than anyone. I would hope that LeCras will be treated differently than Priddis though and would be made to earn any games he gets and not just thrown in at the expense of a young developing player. Other than that, there is no real problem with him staying for another year unless we had an opportunity to recruit someone as a "gun" and didn't have the room on the list..don't think that is the problem but Hill and Wellingham may not agree as we have traded in some good picks and will need vacancies.

Small forwards are supposed to bring forward pressure, creating goals out of non-possessions. He doesn't do that. Imagine how much better we would be if we had one or two crazy pressure crumbers. Our forward line would be 30% better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallace just gave us a bogey for trading on Sen, behind Sydney because Sydney managed to get a 2nd round future pick?

* Wallace, he's an idiot who has the temerity to call himself "the list manager" after completely destroying Richmond's with his five year plan.

Pelchen gave us a C+ which is slightly more generous.

The Ah Chee trade was a win, the pick swap was ballsy. How it turns out will depend on next year's ladder but we've backed ourselves to be contenders next year which is better than the alternative - accepting in advance that we'll be shithouse.

**** Wallace, he's an idiot who has the temerity to call himself "the list manager" after completely destroying Richmond's with his five year plan.

The Ah Chee trade was a win, the pick swap was ballsy. How it turns out will depend on next year's ladder but we've backed ourselves to be contenders next year which is better than the alternative - accepting in advance that we'll be shithouse.

Or to put it a better way The Ross Lyon School of Football

I think that we would've gotten a better mark if were able to get Port to accept our 4th rounder alone for Ah Chee. Even though we got 3 2nd rounders and basically a 3rd round upgrade, trading ourselves out of next year's 1st round is at least a bit questionable, but depending on where we and GC finish (if we finish high and GC finish at the bottom), could turn it into a pretty decent win for us. Otherwise it wouldn't look as good, but of course trading future picks can be a bit of a lottery.

**** Wallace, he's an idiot who has the temerity to call himself "the list manager" after completely destroying Richmond's with his five year plan.

You would think that Champion Data and Pelchen would rate our pick swap higher considering the points involved as they shouldn't be biased by the supposed "Super Draft" of '18

Couldn't care less how others mark our trading.

I reckon we've done well to bring in Ahch for nothing (I don't count future picks)...I rated him as an option last year or the year before (it's all a blur) and can see him tailing off this season was a result of not being rated by Port...told he won't be playing seniors at the beginning of the year...wtf?

And the pick swap is fantastic - back the lads in to nail it this year and let's worry about next year another time...like maybe next year.

Based on the 'points' system, the picks we brought in are worth a total of 2090 points, pretty much between picks 3 (2234 points) and pick 4 (2034 points) (FYI 21 = 878, 26 = 729 and 37 = 483). If you also take off the pick 50 we also traded (273 points, making it 1817 points), it drops the value to somewhere between picks 5 (1878 points) and pick 6 (1751 points).

I know it's not an exact science, however that means that as long as we finish somewhere between 1st and 12th in 2018 the trade is in our favour. Adding to that, we need players to replace all the retirees, and I would prefer 5 players from the top 37 in this years draft than 5 players from our standard picks that would have us picking up the last player at around pick 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back