Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have the same issue. I no longer get alerts to new posts (on Football Statistics and Footy History boards). I have un-watched then re-watched many times, but nothing has changed. The only alerts I get are for likes received and when somebody quotes me.
Can you check your preferences:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/preferences

Do you have this option ticked or not ticked?
Receive an alert when someone…
  • Replies to a watched thread
I just checked and found that it was not ticked on my preferences page, changed it, and with a bit of luck will start getting those alerts again soon!

I just checked and found that it was not ticked on my preferences page, changed it, and with a bit of luck will start getting those alerts again soon!
Yeah I think they "fixed" it in this version.

Link me to a thread you are watching and I will post - test it out for you.

I've just turned it on, hopefully this fixes the problem yeh? Will check back soon with results, everyone stay tuned!
Hopefully - I think there are other forces at work.

Try un-watching then re-watching.

I’ve also found that if you haven’t visited a thread since the update, it takes you to Page 1, not last post you saw, so I suspect watched threads will be in same boat

i.e. you need to go to last page of thread and then they’ll work.

Hopefully - I think there are other forces at work.
So I now get the notifications for new threads posted, but also a notification everytime someone replies to a watched thread, oh well, better than missing threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I now get the notifications for new threads posted, but also a notification everytime someone replies to a watched thread, oh well, better than missing threads.
When you watch a forum you have the option to receive alerts for threads or posts or both.

When you watch a forum you have the option to receive alerts for threads or posts or both.
Yeh I know, I have alerts for threads ticked.

Is the two badge limit something that's intentional, Chief? Thought I'd just lost my badges until I realised everyone's got two now.
Please read the OP, thanks. It is temporary.

Please read the OP, thanks. It is temporary.

All good man, I thought I read it as 5 badges but I must have misread. My bad. :p

Hi

Just tried adding a link to a post and the URL and Text input areas just disappear after pasting and are not added to the message. Have to fall back on [url... Etc. Using Firefox

Hi

Just tried adding a link to a post and the URL and Text input areas just disappear after pasting and are not added to the message. Have to fall back on [url... Etc. Using Firefox
They get added... but the newly created link is selected/highlighted text, so it gets replaced immediately if something else is typed before it's de-selected.

They get added... but the newly created link is selected/highlighted text, so it gets replaced immediately if something else is typed before it's de-selected.
Hi
No, if I try to paste an address into url input area the whole kit and Kaboodle of the add url window disappears and nothing is added to the draft message. The input area will allow me to type an address but not paste.

This is the mobile version using Firefox.

Hi

That's weird - I've never seen it. What is the URL? Post it here with spaces or something.

ALERTS NEWS

From TechFerret :
looks to be the problem was the "log jam" (ie stale caches). At this instant the thread cache is 2/3 rebuilt so should be done before 5pm today (Monday).

That's weird - I've never seen it. What is the URL? Post it here with spaces or something.

http://www.wrfl.com.au/news/senior-news/

Just tried it with the add url dialogue box again and and the dialogue disappeared again. Url works with manual [url.... . Maybe bigfooty doesn't like WRFL 😀.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-in-here-please.1210710/page-36#post-59310120

Just tried it with this url and same thing happens.

Have noticed there is a large lag between typing and display in reply text box.

Edit Ahhhh I see whats happening. You don't have to use the Add URL tool from the editor, it converts it automatically but the tool falls over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back