Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to the new album from The Sword and its far from bad but I was hoping for a bit more. Its still got its moments and some catchy riffs but it looks like they have continued to stray away from their heavy stoner rock/doom metal roots. I guess it was unrealistic for me to hope they would return to something more like their debut album Age of Winters or Gods of the Earth. If you are in the mood for rock with a hint of blues the record might appeal more to you.

That one is a classic. Did you see them when they came out here a little while ago?

Favourite albums would be 1. Close To A World Below 2. Unholy Cult 3. Here In After

I like them all but the early albums are particularly muddy sounding which is sort of their signature sound imo.
I didn't see them unfortunately. Yeah their early stuff is great

Listening to the new album from The Sword and its far from bad but I was hoping for a bit more. Its still got its moments and some catchy riffs but it looks like they have continued to stray away from their heavy stoner rock/doom metal roots. I guess it was unrealistic for me to hope they would return to something more like their debut album Age of Winters or Gods of the Earth. If you are in the mood for rock with a hint of blues the record might appeal more to you.

I'm a huge fan of the first two albums and thought the third one was reasonable. Its been a pretty fast drop off since then though. High Country had some OK Thin Lizzy-ish moments but still no match for the heavier stuff. I'll give this one a listen with no expectations.

I've been listening to spotify's heavy metal radio a bit. Most of it's stuff I know but every so often I'll hear a band I've never even heard of before and go "Wow".

Fan of theirs, it's very pop-metal though.

Anyone got thoughts on the new Parkway Drive singles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you get from Northern Heritage?

Reckon I might do a bit of shopping on the weekend as we head into black metal season.

Two Baptism cds (think I have most of their stuff now), a Behexen cd (again, think I have most of their stuff now) and a new Oi! side project by the singer of some Oi! band (Finnish name I cannot remember) that has another Finnish name I cannot remember. Suspect it's probably Mikko. Not that good but the main project is really good. Prick of a language. Been keeping an eye out for the reissue of Wolfnacht's "PO" on cd - once NH get it I'll pull the trigger again. Postage on 4 cds from Finland is 5 Euros. I find buying in 4s keeps the "filler" factor down.

Two Baptism cds (think I have most of their stuff now), a Behexen cd (again, think I have most of their stuff now) and a new Oi! side project by the singer of some Oi! band (Finnish name I cannot remember) that has another Finnish name I cannot remember. Suspect it's probably Mikko. Not that good but the main project is really good. Prick of a language. Been keeping an eye out for the reissue of Wolfnacht's "PO" on cd - once NH get it I'll pull the trigger again. Postage on 4 cds from Finland is 5 Euros. I find buying in 4s keeps the "filler" factor down.
Vapaudenristi probably. Good stuff.

Went to fill out my Kroda backlog a bit directly through their label, Purity Through Fire, but they don't have a conventional shop. Have to submit an order, wait for reply, confirm destination, costs and payment etc. Any suggestions where else to go? Surely they're on a few different distros but I can't find anything.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/810562-Kroda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy lots of toys for my computer because I like vidya games. Just dropped a couple hundred on a Sennheiser headphone amp that's more directed at gaming and it feels like I'm listening to some stuff for the first time again. It has really brought my headphones back to life. Can't wait to go through all of my headphones again with different albums.

I buy lots of toys for my computer because I like vidya games. Just dropped a couple hundred on a Sennheiser headphone amp that's more directed at gaming and it feels like I'm listening to some stuff for the first time again. It has really brought my headphones back to life. Can't wait to go through all of my headphones again with different albums.

Never heard of a headphone amp. I’m intrigued

FWIW, I swear by Sony Headphones.despite their great name, Sennheiser never do it for me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back