Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I do believe everything under the Noise banner is being re-released, so Celtic Frost, Running Wild, Kreator, Voivod...

Unfortunately for the Kreator albums, they've stuck a big ugly "REMASTERED" amongst the artwork. Turns me off buying the Lps to be honest.

IMG_3132.JPG

Whyyyy?

I bought the PTK remaster just for the hell of it. Couldn't hear any difference, but haven't done a side by side. TBH I always thought PTK had a bad production, especially given it was Harris Johns. The sound on Endless Pain is much better.
Yeah it sounds like s**t but I like that about early Kreator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also listened to the new Samael tune this morning. The music speaks for itself and I'll be giving it a wide birth, keeping in mind that I'm probably one of the few that actually didn't mind Lux Mundi. However they made it a lyric video and I reckon they've gone full commie going by the words in which case they can take a Pinochet helicopter ride.

Taking a break from my Graveland binge to give Coroner a spin in the car. Punishment for Decadence is an absolute classic, how these guys weren't one of the biggest thrash bands in the world is beyond me.

No More Color ahead of its time...

Grin is the one that I've never really been able to get into, but I probably haven't listened to it enough (I didn't like At the Heart of Winter at first, but after about the fifth spin it's become my favourite album, with Rust In Peace and Reign In Blood). Everything before Grin though, utter genius, and like you said, a little ahead of its time. Perhaps the meat heads weren't ready for such progressiveness in their thrash (says the guy who doesn't like Grin...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back