Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason to suggest Hitchen won't be sacked?
Our record signings of late haven't been great.
number of kids coming through isn't what it used to be

Only decent in we've had lately is PEH, and he had pedigree at Soton already.

Given he has been completely ******* things up for years, I think he might be something of a protected species.

He clearly has no idea what he is doing yet is still in a job.

Go figure.

Given he has been completely ******* things up for years, I think he might be something of a protected species.

Go figure.
He got promoted for his average performance. He will be there this summer and the fact that he is coming up with the manager shortlist tells me he will be there in 2022 and 2023 as well.

Why didn't we?

Because we only outplayed them for one quarter whilst they outplayed us for three.
Lloris
Aarons Dias/Upa De Ligt/Konate Tierney
Tielemans
De Jong
Torres
Bruno Son
Kane

Some of those were unrealistic for being either too expensive or too ambitious and would wait for someone better.
Hitchen -> Rangnick
Mou -> Mason -> Allegri
?

One reservation with Allegri is he is untried outside Italy.

There's also
tenor.png
Yeah I think our cash strapped status means whoever we go for needs to be keen on promoting the academy.

Yeah I think our cash strapped status means whoever we go for needs to be keen on promoting the academy.

Well surely that alone rules out Allegri?

He'll want something of a transfer budget for some new toys and autonomy over transfers.

Levy will give him neither.

Go figure.
hmm
2 decades of following with little to show
coach turnover
inability to compete when heat is on
list manager who is immune to accountability for failing to plug key holes in side.

where have i heard this before

hmm
2 decades of following with little to show
coach turnover
inability to compete when heat is on
list manager who is immune to accountability for failing to plug key holes in side.

where have i heard this before
Sounds like Carlton to me

f1e6aa18233b6d04daa0db463ba2a664.gif

Well surely that alone rules out Allegri?

He'll want something of a transfer budget for some new toys and autonomy over transfers.

Levy will give him neither.
At this stage, i'd take Boateng on a free to play alongside Toby whilst Dier and Sanchez battle it out with Rodon & Tang to be backups.

if we can get him over the line with limited funds early, but also expectations in line with that...could be a mutual acknowledgement that he gets the time Poch got.

Sounds like Carlton to me

f1e6aa18233b6d04daa0db463ba2a664.gif
They did grab Woosha from us for the learndings to complete the picture :p

Some of those were unrealistic for being either too expensive or too ambitious and would wait for someone better.

i get they weren't realistic.
That's my list of links i got too invested in and was disappointed we missed.

**** Bruno and Dias would have been amazing.
De Ligt & De Jong were never coming to us over Barca or Juve.

As per Football London on the £175m Bank of England loan taken out during covid.

-Arsenal are paying back their £120m loan this month regardless of European football status.
- Tottenham and the FA are rolling theirs over for another year and will both repay in March 2022.
- Stipulated that the loan cannot be used on transfers.
- From last season’s accounts including television rebates we lost close to £200m in revenue. Expected to lose a little less this season. Arsenal expecting a £160m loss so could be a decent ballpark figure.
- 823m stadium debt outstanding.

Not sure what that means for next seasons budgeting but 1 and 1/3 seasons of no fans and a cheque of 175m to be handed out before the end of next season is a lot of outlay if fans cannot return at close to full capacity

That we are self sufficient and not one of the Sky 4 that most Aussies bandwagon on to is a contributory reason this club appealed to me. Something that had we changed from then I likely would feel less attached to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betting isn’t the be all but Inzaghi has been backed over night to the exclusion of all others. Eased all week but is now back to the very short priced favourite that he was a week ago.
Smacked by the side that Mourinho is heading to overnight. Ill be surprised if Inzaghi is manager in 2024

Smacked by the side that Mourinho is heading to overnight. Ill be surprised if Inzaghi is manager in 2024
Wait.. Thought I saw you keen on Potter last week.

Lazio are in Europe... Brighton nearly avoiding relegation.

Wait.. Thought I saw you keen on Potter last week.

Lazio are in Europe... Brighton nearly avoiding relegation.
Lazio have a lot more talent than Brighton. Not a whole lot weaker than we are in the grand scheme of things over there. And they are going to finish 6th.

We are really going for a guy who can best get 6th with that squad? And has never played or worked outside of Italy. No thanks. Seems like a more expensive exotic version of being a 6th-10th club until we get bored of him in 2-3 years. May as well go full cheapskate and get Potter, Parker, Gerrard or anyone else that would achieve a similar low level of success with us.

Lazio have a lot more talent than Brighton. Not a whole lot weaker than we are in the grand scheme of things over there. And they are going to finish 6th.

We are really going for a guy who can best get 6th with that squad? And has never played or worked outside of Italy. No thanks. Seems like a more expensive exotic version of being a 6th-10th club until we get bored of him in 2-3 years. May as well go full cheapskate and get Potter, Parker, Gerrard or anyone else that would achieve a similar low level of success with us.
They have been in 3 Coppa finals, made CL, made EUL in the same time period as us under Pochettino to now.
Two of the seasons they missed top 4 was with 70 and 72 points respectively which is stiff. Even this season will be 5th-6th with 70+ points.

All with roughly 40m net spend since 14/15.

If you don't want Inzaghi that's fine. He wouldn't be my first choice but please leave the Potter/Parker are better options stuff at the door.

They have been in 3 Coppa finals, made CL, made EUL in the same time period as us under Pochettino to now.
Two of the seasons they missed top 4 was with 70 and 72 points respectively which is stiff. Even this season will be 5th-6th with 70+ points.

All with roughly 40m net spend since 14/15.

If you don't want Inzaghi that's fine. He wouldn't be my first choice but please leave the Potter/Parker are better options stuff at the door.
He would be a fancier version and we might sell more kits in Italy but he won't take us to the CL. Not a chance in hell. Neither will Parker. Potter I'm intrigued to put the xG stat love to full test and give him proper finishers to put away the 5th best chances created in the league and see what comes of it. At worst it'll be not too different to all the other names bandied around right now

Kane sits Coady on his arse for his goal.. Hojbjerg sits Coady on his arse for his goal..
Hojbjerg - our CDM - gets a goal and assist..

Coady MOTM lol wut.

- Dele looks to be regaining rhythm.
- 23 times this season we’ve hit the post. The most in the league.
- 20 points dropped from winning positions. A tale of what could have been.
- Mason’s selections have been odd. Almost banished Ndombele, loves Gio, and Winks inexplicably is always subbed on.

Really weird. Men’s team has stagnated but the rest of the club has made massive steps in the last season or two.

One regressing after overachieving, while the rest realise potential after years of under-achievement, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back