Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to melt about.

I didn't expect to lose here against Newcastle but at the same time I'm not at all surprised. What's there to melt over? We are clear we aren't good enough to contend so why get shitty about results that prove that lol

We’ve turned to s**t and you are too blinkered to see it. The manager constantly gets it wrong. Occasionally we rectify in the second half, occasionally like today we don’t. Took us 30 minutes to have our first shot at goal against a club evidently in a crisis and goalless and pointless in their first two matches. We’ve become an utter bore to watch.

Because two more negative men I’ll never find. It’s actually sad.

Constantly talking us down.
We've played 20 good mins out of 270 this season. Still early days.

But we played pretty ordinary for the majority of last season too. Obviously that's compared to some high standards which we have set ourselves. Sure this isn't the worst Spurs outfit we've seen but we've gone nowhere fast and are stalling as a club on the field

We’ve turned to s**t and you are too blinkered to see it. The manager constantly gets it wrong. Occasionally we rectify in the second half, occasionally like today we don’t. Took us 30 minutes to have our first shot at goal against a club evidently in a crisis and goalless and pointless in their first two matches. We’ve become an utter bore to watch.
The most Spursy aspect of it is a true Spurs supporter can see these sorts of things coming. The "surely can't lose at home" Sunday kick off is the most Spursy thing still around

Personally I think there’s something amiss at the club at the moment. Early days to melt granted but like JD says this a continuation from last season

I really hope you are right and we win a trophy this season. But unfortunately I don't see it happening and neither does anyone except for you. Another season of "new mediocrity" in 3-5th
I’d snap your hand off for 3rd or 4th if you offered it now. Obviously hope I’m wrong but this time next week s**t might be getting real for this side after the nld

We mocked arsenal for years when they claimed 4th point trophy
We are more chance of finishing outside the top four than we are winning the title. Anyone who thinks we are serious contenders is deluded. There is nothing to suggest we can go and get results like City and Liverpool week after week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are more chance of finishing outside the top four than we are winning the title. Anyone who thinks we are serious contenders is deluded. There is nothing to suggest we can go and get results like City and Liverpool week after week
I agree with that. The title is impossible. 5th unlikely but can happen

I dont expect it. I want it to be a successful football club. Until then we are what we are, good but not great. Which is why losses to a Newcastle at home or a Burnley away happen.

The final step to become a great club is still a fair way off

I dont expect it. I want it to be a successful football club. Until then we are what we are, good but not great. Which is why losses to a Newcastle at home or a Burnley away happen.

The final step to become a great club is still a fair way off
Facts

And being okay with and accepting our new mediocrity is why the passion/enjoyment for watching this team has slowly continued to drop off the past season and a bit. We know we'll be there abouts in the 4th race but that's really not worth watching week in week out. A cup run for excitement is now what we've got to hope for like we had last year

And being okay with and accepting our new mediocrity is why the passion/enjoyment for watching this team has slowly continued to drop off the past season and a bit. We know we'll be there abouts in the 4th race but that's really not worth watching week in week out. A cup run for excitement is now what we've got to hope for like we had last year
Yep, top four no longer feels like a thing, an accomplishment.

Bottom line for me is I am at a place with football where I want to be entertained. Ok I don’t want to lose every match 3-4 but I don’t want to see this stale football that’s crept in over the past 12 months either. For me you pay your money to be entertained as much as you do to see your team win. That’s the historical philosophy of being a spurs fan. If you wanted more consistency you’d follow the lot down the road who were all about grinding out 1-0 wins.

At the moment I can’t be arsed with this s**t the manager is churning out.

Yep, top four no longer feels like a thing, an accomplishment.

Bottom line for me is I am at a place with football where I want to be entertained. Ok I don’t want to lose every match 3-4 but I don’t want to see this stale football that’s crept in over the past 12 months either. For me you pay your money to be entertained as much as you do to see your team win. That’s the historical philosophy of being a spurs fan. If you wanted more consistency you’d follow the lot down the road who were all about grinding out 1-0 wins.

At the moment I can’t be arsed with this s**t the manager is churning out.
I dont mind the way we play overall. Sure there'll be games like this where we are predictable, but that is part and parcel of a 65-77 point squad

I dont mind the way we play overall. Sure there'll be games like this where we are predictable, but that is part and parcel of a 65-77 point squad
The way we’ve played in the three games this season, the CL final and a lot of league games last season has been almost as dull as watching AVB try to mould that post Bale team together. Zero intensity and too many times, like today, next to zero creativity. A far, far cry from when this team was at its peak

The way we’ve played in the three games this season, the CL final and a lot of league games last season has been almost as dull as watching AVB try to mould that post Bale team together. Zero intensity and too many times, like today, next to zero creativity. A far, far cry from when this team was at its peak
I think that comes from quality rather than ideal style.

This is a football team that will drop at best 45 points this season. What we've been good at improving is not dropping points when playing well. We play well, we win. The concern is we are play well less than we used to

Apparently the vertonghen dropping is due to a Kane and Jan fist fight with poch taking sides. A Kaboul type situation but this time a disastrous one

It's just you said that you were unsettled by the transfer window being open and maybe he was?

Why you try to get me to tell you something you know better than me. You have more information than me. You know very well and I told you in pre-season, before Aston Villa, after Aston Villa, positive result or negative result the group is still unsettled. We need to find solutions. We have one week more to wait and see what happens in the last 10 days.

I think this is my sixth season and the most unsettled group we are working with. That is why we are relaxed and calm. Some situations we cannot fix. Nothing to say about that, situations that are going on in the squad. Still we need to wait.

Doesn't sound like everything is going well down there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back