Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Spurs recruitment gonna be massive over summer

Johnson was an average signing, very good numbers but I think that's more angeball boosted than his quality. Think he's a good but very low ceiling player. Overpaid by about 25 million imo.

VDV and Madders were very good and very good prices.

Vicario has some obvious flaws but also again good for the price.

Depending on sales spurs are really only gonna spend 100m odd youd think unless they get 40-50 for Richarlison from Saudi.

Think Olise is gonna be out of reach now he's playing too well, he can go anywhere.

A DM and a ST I think are the two main focuses now. I think you can do 50m on both and if you nail those it'll be a much different team next year. 10m on Werner, get Solomon fit again and maybe find a young wing prospect for the 20-30m range that you can hopefully develop into a world class player.

Johnson was an average signing, very good numbers but I think that's more angeball boosted than his quality. Think he's a good but very low ceiling player. Overpaid by about 25 million imo.
He'd be a good squad player if you ignore the price paid. But we need to rely on him far too much at this stage.

Think Olise is gonna be out of reach now he's playing too well, he can go anywhere
He'd be ideal and the upgrade on Kulusevski for this system. Spend whatever we need to get him in, as long as there isn't elite clubs bidding there is a chance

He'd be a good squad player if you ignore the price paid. But we need to rely on him far too much at this stage.

He'd be ideal and the upgrade on Kulusevski for this system. Spend whatever we need to get him in, as long as there isn't elite clubs bidding there is a chance
I think almost any club in world football will be after him except for Arsenal.

Ange not copping any talk that Spurs throw tomorrow’s match and is strong on the belief that you play football to win games.

And he is 100% correct.
To be honest the way he's managed us to win games the last few months, this approach should be enough for City to do us

Fourth is now gone for us too after Villa nabbed a point.

Even if Villa only manage a draw in MW38, there is no way we make up 6 pts and +9 GD vs City and Sheffield.

Fourth is now gone for us too after Villa nabbed a point.

Even if Villa only manage a draw in MW38, there is no way we make up 6 pts and +9 GD vs City and Sheffield.

I'm not discounting Palace beating them. Palace are at home and in good form. Villa are limping to the finish line.

We ain't beating City anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Spurs recruitment gonna be massive over summer

VDV and Madders were very good and very good prices.

Vicario has some obvious flaws but also again good for the price.

Depending on sales spurs are really only gonna spend 100m odd youd think unless they get 40-50 for Richarlison from Saudi.

Think Olise is gonna be out of reach now he's playing too well, he can go anywhere.

A DM and a ST I think are the two main focuses now. I think you can do 50m on both and if you nail those it'll be a much different team next year. 10m on Werner, get Solomon fit again and maybe find a young wing prospect for the 20-30m range that you can hopefully develop into a world class player.
I disagree with the ST being the main focus.

In order of priority for me (not that we will sort everything out in one window):
  • DM/CM - Keep Sarr / Bentancur, with PEH (doesnt want to be back up), Skipp (doesnt want to be back up). At this stage I'm happy to say goodbye to Bissouma. I'd happily keep PEH/Skipp as a rotation but dont think they want it.
  • RB to close the gap between the drop off in quality from Porro to Emerson (unless it is Spence?)
  • LB to close the gap between the drop off in quality from Udogie to... Sess / Reggie / Emerson (unless it is Sess?). Of course could be Davies and/or VDV as we saw on the weekend.
  • CB depth to partner Dragusin and Davies as rotation options, assuming Rodon, Tanganga are not up to it (could it be Phillips?)
  • ST - When the season comes to a close, I think we'll be a bit more understanding and realistic in this space. Richy, once over injuries, played well enough to lead the line for another 12 months at least. This allows Son to play on the left, yet can play Son or Veliz/Scarlett (or whoever the 3rd choice is from the current crop).
I just see the DM/CM, RB/RBs and CB cover as more important and pressing for a mid term rebuild. Splashing 50m on a Richy replacement is all well and good but a few extra goals papers over the cracks and more pressing issues for me. If the RB/LB/CB matters can be sorted from within the existing squad (loans, youth) then yes happy to then focus on a ST.

I'm not discounting Palace beating them. Palace are at home and in good form. Villa are limping to the finish line.

We ain't beating City anyway so it doesn't really matter.
C'mon, you know its more likely that we:
  • Convincingly beat Man City, allowing us all to get our hopes up and ahead of ourselves
  • Play poorly vs Sheffield, 1-1 before we receive a silly red card on 57 mins, lose 2-1, meanwhile Villa lose to Palace

I disagree with the ST being the main focus.

In order of priority for me (not that we will sort everything out in one window):
  • DM/CM - Keep Sarr / Bentancur, with PEH (doesnt want to be back up), Skipp (doesnt want to be back up). At this stage I'm happy to say goodbye to Bissouma. I'd happily keep PEH/Skipp as a rotation but dont think they want it.
  • RB to close the gap between the drop off in quality from Porro to Emerson (unless it is Spence?)
  • LB to close the gap between the drop off in quality from Udogie to... Sess / Reggie / Emerson (unless it is Sess?). Of course could be Davies and/or VDV as we saw on the weekend.
  • CB depth to partner Dragusin and Davies as rotation options, assuming Rodon, Tanganga are not up to it (could it be Phillips?)
  • ST - When the season comes to a close, I think we'll be a bit more understanding and realistic in this space. Richy, once over injuries, played well enough to lead the line for another 12 months at least. This allows Son to play on the left, yet can play Son or Veliz/Scarlett (or whoever the 3rd choice is from the current crop).
I just see the DM/CM, RB/RBs and CB cover as more important and pressing for a mid term rebuild. Splashing 50m on a Richy replacement is all well and good but a few extra goals papers over the cracks and more pressing issues for me. If the RB/LB/CB matters can be sorted from within the existing squad (loans, youth) then yes happy to then focus on a ST.
Yeah I dunno, I think now that teams are gonna sit back an counter against spurs Son can't play striker anymore. They need a St who can hold up play and lay it off for other but also be in the box. Son isn't that. Part of spurs poor second half of the season is no Striker. I think a good striker does solve a lot for this team

Yeah I dunno, I think now that teams are gonna sit back an counter against spurs Son can't play striker anymore. They need a St who can hold up play and lay it off for other but also be in the box. Son isn't that. Part of spurs poor second half of the season is no Striker. I think a good striker does solve a lot for this team
I do not disagree with any of that, nor have I suggested otherwise. I just don't see it as a priority for this next window if Richarlison stays for the sake of a few extra goals if we're conceding just as many without appropriate LB/RB/CB options.

I do not disagree with any of that, nor have I suggested otherwise. I just don't see it as a priority for this next window if Richarlison stays for the sake of a few extra goals if we're conceding just as many without appropriate LB/RB/CB options.
I agree, unless we got a too good to refuse offer we don't need a ST. But I also agree that we should never use Son there.

Richarlison with one or two of Veliz, Scarlett or Lankshear as the backup.

Throw a blanket over RB, 6 and 8, LB or LCB if vdv can play LB more permanently as the priorities.

Add a backup 10 to the mix if Ange doesn't have it in him to trust Bergvall, Donley or Devine to be trusted to bench Maddison when he isn't in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, unless we got a too good to refuse offer we don't need a ST. But I also agree that we should never use Son there.

Richarlison with one or two of Veliz, Scarlett or Lankshear as the backup.

Throw a blanket over RB, 6 and 8, LB or LCB if vdv can play LB more permanently as the priorities.

Add a backup 10 to the mix if Ange doesn't have it in him to trust Bergvall, Donley or Devine to be trusted to bench Maddison when he isn't in form.
Yep - agree with this.

I'd also consider a right winger before a ST to be honest. Kulu is in an odd spot. As The Cryptkeeper mentioned the other day, each trial through the middle for Kulu ends in disappointment, yet hasnt been helping or fitting in the Ange system this season on the right.

If we want 3 'options' for each position:
Left: Son, Johnson, Solomon - Assuming we sell Gil.. if he didnt get many minutes with the injuries we had, his future isnt likely with us
Central: Madison, Kulu, Bergvall/Donley/Devine - Assuming we sell GLC
Right: ???, Kulu, Johnson
ST: Richarlison, Veliz/Scarlett, Son

If we were in a position where we were a few points away from top of the league or a lucky result away from a cup final, I'd prioritise a striker for next season. But in reality, we're just not in that position.

I also think general improvements in Ange Ball and another pre-season can assist our goalscoring across the board... its the leaking of goals and a poor midfield that we should prioritise

Yep - agree with this.

I'd also consider a right winger before a ST to be honest. Kulu is in an odd spot. As The Cryptkeeper mentioned the other day, each trial through the middle for Kulu ends in disappointment, yet hasnt been helping or fitting in the Ange system this season on the right.

If we want 3 'options' for each position:
Left: Son, Johnson, Solomon - Assuming we sell Gil.. if he didnt get many minutes with the injuries we had, his future isnt likely with us
Central: Madison, Kulu, Bergvall/Donley/Devine - Assuming we sell GLC
Right: ???, Kulu, Johnson
ST: Richarlison, Veliz/Scarlett, Son

If we were in a position where we were a few points away from top of the league or a lucky result away from a cup final, I'd prioritise a striker for next season. But in reality, we're just not in that position.

I also think general improvements in Ange Ball and another pre-season can assist our goalscoring across the board... its the leaking of goals and a poor midfield that we should prioritise
It wouldn't surprise me if Kulusevski goes in the summer and we sign someone for that RW and central spot. Olise would be the dream.

I'd also cash in on the Solomon deal for FFP and get winger who can play on both sides.

Werner - keep or move on?
Probably move on

Unless we are clutching at straws later in the window

Sell Solomon and then maybe Warner can be signed. Still need better quality in those spots so would mean we need one of the other wingers also being also sold, most likely Kulu

We finally try Maddison on the left ✅
Son playing ST ❌
Experimenting with vdv for this 1 particular game ❌
It's not an experiment they used him last game and he was absolutely excellent way better than ****ing skipp lol
Van De Ven looked incredible and it helps with the set pieces defending you've been whinging non stop about

It's not an experiment they used him last game and he was absolutely excellent way better than ******* skipp lol
Van De Ven looked incredible and it helps with the set pieces defending you've been whinging non stop about
So we try and actually do something about a 4 month problem when top 4 is clinging on by a thread and we hand a title to our rivals. Genius!

Agree mine was just on the basis of Charlo going or else yes the 2 flanks and CM need to be bolstered first

So we try and actually do something about a 4 month problem when top 4 is clinging on by a thread and we hand a title to our rivals. Genius!
This might be your silliest post yet. You've complained about the system. He's changed and tried something and now you're sooking about it saying we should try nothing? I honestly can't
You just want to have something to complain about

This might be your silliest post yet. You've complained about the system. He's changed and tried something and now you're sooking about it saying we should try nothing? I honestly can't
You just want to have something to complain about
He's done nothing for 4 months

And it's not like this option hasn't been available for nearly the whole 4 months.

Maybe ange is just a bit slower than the elite managers to come to this realisation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back