Bigfooty's OFFICIAL Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Demon37
Maybe it could be a group effort?

i.e. Me, Deestroy, Yze Magic and melbournemartin can all do Melbourne together!

Just a thought...

I think that's a good idea. Supporters of each club can work on it together on their own board but only the representative will be able to post the selections. I've left melbournemartin as the representative of Melbourne for the time being but tell me closer to the time if you'd like it to be changed.

I've removed you from Carlton, wooshta_9 from Adelaide and Deestroy from West Coast. I also added ODN to Carlton and GOALden Hawk to Hawthorn so we still need representatives for Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, Sydney and West Coast. It is a requirement that the representative supports the club to ensure they select with the club's best interests.

I think it would be better if it was held during the week of the draft, so how about Monday November, 17 at 6pm WST?

If a club's representative is not online at the time, another supporter of that club can select, otherwise, Porthos has agreed to select for the clubs whose representatives fail to turn up.

I'll also be bumping this thread a week before the organised date to make sure everyone is still around. If a club's representative has disappeared or no longer posts on BF, another supporter can represent them.

Can Essendon's be shared between Hosko, marcuz, Stevo & myself? Eg we could all be on MSN/ICQ etc at the time of the draft whilst discussing who we take with out next pick? Hosko Stevo & marcuz what do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by |D_J^B_J|
Falconer, the idea is to have a simulated draft at an organised time where everyone is online at the same time. The Phantom Draft would be similar to the official National Draft where representatives of clubs take turns at selecting a player with their designated selections. The players you listed may or may not be available with your selections in this phantom draft.

So, the representative of the Bulldogs would make their selection for pick 1, followed by Carlton with pick 2, Melbourne with pick 3, the Bulldogs with pick 4, Melbourne with pick 5, and so on.

Ok when is this time,that was just some suggestions

Originally posted by Falconer02
Ok when is this time,that was just some suggestions

I'm thinking we should have it during the week before the National Draft, so unless there are any problems, Monday November 17 at 9:00pm EDT, 8:30pm CDT and 6:00pm WST should be the time.

We still need representatives for Adelaide, Sydney and West Coast.

I'm thinking we should have it during the week before the National Draft, so unless there are any problems, Monday November 17 at 9:00pm EDT, 8:30pm CDT and 6:00pm WST should be the time.

We still need representatives for Adelaide, Sydney and West Coast.

I'll do West Coast ;)

Now all we need are representatives for Adelaide and Sydney.

Porthos, it looks like you may be required to represent Sydney unless one of their supporters expresses their interest soon. As for Adelaide, their board has been discussing the draft with more depth than any other, yet none of their supporters are prepared to represent them (?).

Also, tell me if the date is inconvenient for anyone so we can change it with enough notice.

Porthos, it looks like you may be required to represent Sydney unless one of their supporters expresses their interest soon. As for Adelaide, their board has been discussing the draft with more depth than any other, yet none of their supporters are prepared to represent them (?).
No worries. As for Adelaide, you need to hassle Stiffy.

i'll take the swans

eventhough i dont support them i'll represent them

they're sort of my second team anyway coz my uncle played for them and this phantom draft sounds good so im in

another thing

this could take hours to complete so starting at 9pm eastern time might be a bit late unless nobody minds staying up all night until the next morning

maybe we could stagger it over a few nights
i dunno any ideas?

Agreed - start it an hour earlier. Also, perhaps cap the length of it at 2 hours. Then we can always come back to it if needs be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back