Biggest Frontrunner in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you assume that everyone who uses a computer is an inactive, fat slob? That's a terrible assumption in this day and age. Players a subject to being critiqued and criticized, that's part of playing at the elite level. Nobody is suggesting they are better than the players they're mentioning.

In THIS day and age, it's probably a pretty good assumption.

They're ignorant. We were behind against Adelaide and he kicked goal of the week and got us into a winning position in the last half with supreme running efforts and class. How does a win make him a front runner?

Couldn't agree more. Don't confuse someone being a barometer with being a frontrunner.

In THIS day and age, it's probably a pretty good assumption.

No. Because the vast majority of the Western population uses the Internet on a regular basis, as opposed to 10-15 years ago, when the Internet was almost exclusively for those you speak of. It's a terrible assumption.

Searched hard through the hawks list and 12 months ago I could have added Clinton Young to the list but a stint at Box Hill saw him start to be a bit more physical and put his head over the contested ball.

I have nothing against a frontrunner as long as they are a good finisher. Most clubs can afford to carry at least one.

No. Because the vast majority of the Western population uses the Internet on a regular basis, as opposed to 10-15 years ago, when the Internet was almost exclusively for those you speak of. It's a terrible assumption.

That's the point, isn't it? More and more people are sitting on their fat arses in front of the computer rather than doing other things. I heard there was a bit of an obesity epidemic. There might be a few active types around who occasionally post on here, but I wouldn't be surprised if most were fat slobs!

Anyway, who cares, all I know is Brad Johnson isn't a front runner.

Scott Welsh without a doubt. Every time he has ever kicked a bag of more than 4 he will kick atleast 3 goals late in the last quarter when the game is already won. used to frusturate the sh*t out of me. why i was not all that dissapointed to see him go evan if it was for nothing

Dale Thomas by a country mile.

Kicks junk time goals when the game is already won or lost.

Dal Santo would be up there to. :thumbsdown:

Won or lost eh?

Already forgot about Round 14 last year?

They were some pretty massive junk time goals eh?

I can still easily remember him turning your defence inside out, totally embarassing them. So much so that the boundary umpire felt sorry for your mob, and called the ball out of bounds.

Maybe you should watch more footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Clinton Young he is the skunjiest player ever than maybe T,johnstone or maybe dal santo or if steven browne could get in the carlton side he'd be up there aswel

That's the point, isn't it? More and more people are sitting on their fat arses in front of the computer rather than doing other things. I heard there was a bit of an obesity epidemic. There might be a few active types around who occasionally post on here, but I wouldn't be surprised if most were fat slobs!

Anyway, who cares, all I know is Brad Johnson isn't a front runner.

I guess me and my friends are the exception in the world. All play sport, all are very fit... but all regularly use the Internet. It's pretty strange that we all congregate into the same area! What are the odds?

Or perhaps a better explanation is the availability of the Internet in workplaces. :rolleyes:

Won or lost eh?

Already forgot about Round 14 last year?

They were some pretty massive junk time goals eh?

I can still easily remember him turning your defence inside out, totally embarassing them. So much so that the boundary umpire felt sorry for your mob, and called the ball out of bounds.

Maybe you should watch more footy?

you don't need to get defensive.....

Where was he when it counted in the Semi-Final?

no-where to be seen!

he is the junk time king.

Doesn't do s**t until the last 5/10 minutes of the game when its already over.

no-where to be seen!

Where was he the week before? BOG in the second half to win us the game? Yeah cool. Where was he in last years semi? Kicking a goal to put us in front with 2 minutes left and providing invaluable run and intensity all night? Where were 20 of our players in the semi-final? But hey, don't let that get in the way of your argument.

Like I said, provide some examples of his junk-time goals. I can think of a couple... but I struggle after that. But by all means, prove me wrong champ. :rolleyes:

They're ignorant. We were behind against Adelaide and he kicked goal of the week and got us into a winning position in the last half with supreme running efforts and class. How does a win make him a front runner?

Exactly the fact that someone plays well when the team wins doesn't make them a frontrunner. Thomas is the type of player who can lift a team and win a game almost off his own boot, therefore when he is playing well we are going to win a lot of the time.

Also, I'm not sure where people get the idea he only kicks goals in unk time. Sure he might kick one or two, but someone has to. I've seen him kick and set up a lot more goals when games were in the balance.

I guess me and my friends are the exception in the world. All play sport, all are very fit... but all regularly use the Internet. It's pretty strange that we all congregate into the same area! What are the odds?

Or perhaps a better explanation is the availability of the Internet in workplaces. :rolleyes:

Hammer, nail, head.

People are just making ridiculous assumptions.

In my line of work i sit in fron of a pc all day at work so i have plenty of time to post on BF but this does not mean i am fat or unhealthy.

I play indoor football (not soccer) twice a week, go to the gym 3 times a week, play golf atleast once a week and go running with my brother a few times a week.

The guys who said this are obviously fat lazy bastards themselves so think that everyone on this site must be the same but i am pretty sure there would be heaps of fit people on this site and many that play local footy etc.

no-where to be seen!

Didn't watch the Adelaide final the week before, where he basically lifted us and won us the game when we looked gone?

Hey mate, guess what? You are the exception. I am the exception (...somewhat!). Well, the minority anyway. At least have a look outside the bounds of your friendship group.

Scott Welsh-Only looked good when we were on top when the pressure was on he was the first player in our team to go missing.

Daniel Kerr

Scott Welsh-Only looked good when we were on top when the pressure was on he was the first player in our team to go missing.

Daniel Kerr

WTF???!! Either you are taking the piss or you have been on the K-Train with the man himself?

Hey mate, guess what? You are the exception. I am the exception (...somewhat!). Well, the minority anyway. At least have a look outside the bounds of your friendship group.

I'm sure you saw the sarcasm, but missed the point of it. Me and my mates are all pretty sporty types, and we all use the Internet. In other words, chances are that most other sporty guys are pretty similar in this regards. You're pretty stupid if you really think the majority of Internet users are inactive slobs. It was estimated that over 780,000,000 people had access to the Internet in 2004. It would be much, much more NOW... I'm sure a huge number of those are 'active' types.

Oh well... if you wanna be stuck in outdated perceptions, that's up to you! But I've got news for you: The world is turning digital, people are turning to it!

Dal Santo makes a strong case for this one based on his finals performances this year.

Hopefully he can get back to his 05-07 best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back