Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be very surprised if we trade anyone from best 30. Don't think we are at that stage yet.
100%.
Player development isn't linear. Most of our top 30 are young blokes who are yet to reach their primes. Some might stagnate, some might take off. Best off just letting it play out and figure out who really is integral to this side before making a potentially regrettable move. Would have to be a no brainier if we were to make a move like that on most of them.

still have a sneaky suspicion the latest cogs talk all a ruse.

Coincidence that the moment it was said that gws were annoyed about the cogs speculation and that we'd been told to keep things hush, that suddenly rumours and media predictions changed to him staying at gws?

Probably because that's what our club was feeding to people, as per gws' and cogs' request.

Heard a whisper that Cogs was moving to Vic and moving in with his best mate JOM. Was also told that it doesn't automatically mean he will play for Hawks.
Not my usual source so can't really give any substance to it. Just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else has heard similar.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
still have a sneaky suspicion the latest cogs talk all a ruse.

Coincidence that the moment it was said that gws were annoyed about the cogs speculation and that we'd been told to keep things hush, that suddenly rumours and media predictions changed to him staying at gws?

Probably because that's what our club was feeding to people, as per gws' and cogs' request.
I completely agree with this. The timing of events is very convenient

Thanks TCP, good to hear. Hopefully puts to bed any further suggestion of it, just not gonna happen.

People sure get touchy around here at this time of year. There really was nothing to put to bed, I don't think that anybody suggested trading McKay, someone just posed a hypothetical question.

TCP then gives an opinion on the matter and that is meant to shut down the discussion, I don't get it.

To be clear, I think trading Harry would be crazy but all sorts of crazy things come up for discussion here, this one is no different to a lot of them.

People sure get touchy around here at this time of year. There really was nothing to put to bed, I don't think that anybody suggested trading McKay, someone just posed a hypothetical question.

TCP then gives an opinion on the matter and that is meant to shut down the discussion, I don't get it.

To be clear, I think trading Harry would be crazy but all sorts of crazy things come up for discussion here, this one is no different to a lot of them.

Whats the point of talking about something thats unequivocally not going to happen?

TCP then gives an opinion on the matter and that is meant to shut down the discussion.
Correct. It's never gonna happen so not much point talking about it.

Now, if we have a separate thread called "Crazy unpopular trade hypotheticals...", that would be a different story...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. It's never gonna happen so not much point talking about it.

Now, if we have a separate thread called "Crazy unpopular trade hypotheticals...", that would be a different story...

Meh,popular or unpopular, you can still discuss things. If you want to argue against it, that's fine. Just don't see why discussion needs to be shut down.

From the Pies board... "What comes to your mind if I said that Coniglio is currently with the Hawthorn players at the Village Belle?"
I'd say the poster has been into some zany candy like their players.

From the Pies board... "What comes to your mind if I said that Coniglio is currently with the Hawthorn players at the Village Belle?"
I'd guess he is in Melbourne catching up with JOM and they ran into some of JOM's team mates at a venue. Would not be unusual

(Last thing that goes through a grasshopper’s mind immediately after hitting your windscreen) + “holes”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back