Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that people might be too quick to shut down rumours and or opinions, but surely if it is not in a bull's roar of the reality test, why would anyone prolong the discussion

To be fair, I think it would be a no-brainer trading McKay for someone like a Naughton or Hipwood. They are tall, agile, quick off the mark, contested marking beasts and as they get older, will be a commanding presence on the field.

They both remind me of McKay.

Different position but papley and crouch would be roughly valued the same imho, id pay 8 for either. Id love to see what Russell could do with Crouch.

Big difference - Sydney really wanna keep Papley, Adelaide seem to be trying to push Crouch out the door to facilitate a rebuild.

When you tell a player you want to offload them, and they pick one club to be traded to, you don't have a heap of leverage at the trade table. What do Adelaide do - threaten to walk away and hold Crouch to the last year of his contract? Go for it, enjoy having him walk back into the club knowing he's not wanted, and then leaving as a free agent 12 months later for an end of first round compo pick.

To be fair, I think it would be a no-brainer trading McKay for someone like a Naughton or Hipwood. They are tall, agile, quick off the mark, contested marking beasts and as they get older, will be a commanding presence on the field.

They both remind me of McKay.

They all have unique qualities, that's why none of their respective clubs would be stupid enough to trade them unless it was massive overs

Speaking of massive overs, perhaps we should contact the Crows and see if they are willing to cough up 3 x 1st rounders :D

I would be very surprised if we get Coniglio. Hawthorn just seem to nail these targets and have the old "hey look we have Clarkson come to us" factor.

I do think that we need to get a ready made midfielder who can walk into the starting 3 midfield and have an impact.

I like Jack Martin but I wouldn't be prepared to give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Sam Gray should be relatively cheap and hopefully can be a handy player.

The biggest growth we will have next year will be the development of the young talent we already have. It is a big year for SPS, Fisher, Dow, O'Brien, Setterfield, Kennedy, McKay, Silvagni, Curnow, Weitering, Marchbank, Cuningham (Stocker and Walsh excluded - they have a young player free pass still to develop). Thus far most of these guys have made good contributions but with the exception of Weitering have been a bit inconsistent in their output and we are still pretty reliant on Simpson, Murphy, Cripps, Ed, Daisy, Kreuzer, Levi and Jones.

Although it makes sense that the senior players lead the team on and off field, we won't be a top 8 team until that younger core of players find their feet and become consistent, week in week out footballers. Anything we trade in this off season would be a cherry on top but it is the core of young draftees who will be the foundation of our list long term

Typical Monday Bluemour Morning

38vs3b.jpg

I had a drink at the pub last night with this guy who is the uncle of Coniglios next door neighbour's cousin's best mate who said that Coniglio will be playing for GWS next year but if not GWS then it Will definitely be Carlton but if not Carlton it will definitely be Hawthorn but if not Hawthorn he might actually stay at GWS but he definitely said that he will be playing football next year but if not in NSW it will definitely be in Victoria.......but don't rule out the fact that he might actually stay in NSW

Should Coniglio not happen, we really should be right in Brad Hill's ear. He and Doc back will hopefully give us some great run to go with our strong contest work. We're a more attractive prospect than the saints and Brad Lloyd has a connection already.

Not if St Kilda is offering 900k as reported. He’s already got 3 flags so could probably justify going to the highest bidder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should Coniglio not happen, we really should be right in Brad Hill's ear. He and Doc back will hopefully give us some great run to go with our strong contest work. We're a more attractive prospect than the saints and Brad Lloyd has a connection already.
This. I hope that - if Cogs fails (Plan A) then we swoop in on Langdon and Hill (plus getting Martin) to gazump the Saints.

I have just been told that congilo is 100% leaving by a great source. If you go off the ITK posters here then it means he is coming to us? More than happy to PM mods who the source is.
I don't have any sources, but blind Freddie can see he is leaving.
He is a "great clubman" and projected next captain at GWS. With their roller coaster back half to the season what chance he would not do his bit to
bolster morale and announce that he is staying. The only alternate to that is that he wants Cameron gone and an upgrade to their medical staff, and is
waiting on the opportune time for this to eventuate. If status quo remains in Western Sydney, I 100% believe he is Melbourne bound.

I would be very surprised if we get Coniglio. Hawthorn just seem to nail these targets and have the old "hey look we have Clarkson come to us" factor.

This is a bit of a myth.

Hawthorn has not had much luck with big targets in recent times -

2018: Shiel, Lynch, May
2017: Smith, Lever

Hawks were keen on all, but they all chose to play elsewhere.

They did get Wingard last year, but think their only competition was the Dogs.

What the Hawks do particularly well (and have done for a long time) is identify targets to plug holes and bring it them in on the cheap - Impey, Scrimshaw, Henderson, Scully being the most recent examples.

And they may do the same again this year with Patton & Amon.

So it sounds like its coming down to Hawks vs Blues for Cogs??
Like ITK peeps are saying Cogs holding off until after the end of the Giants season,he could also want to get the best possible result coming back to the club as well?Could it involve trading for Cogs??

Like Hawthorn nailed Shiel, Kelly and Lynch? The only player they've "nailed" that didn't have a massive question mark was Tom Mitchell. Few clubs seriously entertained O'Meara given his injury history. Impey, Scully, Wingard all had ordinary form or injuries before being traded and therefore were not highly sought-after.

There is more fantasy than fact associated with the Hawthorn list and recent achievements ... no-one really believes they have a premiership in the next 5 years, do they? As influential as Clarkson may be, they are relying on past glories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back