Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that Cogs is waiting for the Giants season to be over before deciding then he's definitely leaving. If he was staying he'd announce it knowing the guys would get a big lift out of it, however if he announces he's leaving it will deflate them, and clearly the last thing he'd want to do is drop a bomb like that right before finals.

I doubt there's anything that could change now as to whether to stay in GWS or leave. It's just down to which club will he move to.

If it's true that Cogs is waiting for the Giants season to be over before deciding then he's definitely leaving. If he was staying he'd announce it knowing the guys would get a big lift out of it, however if he announces he's leaving it will deflate them, and clearly the last thing he'd want to do is drop a bomb like that right before finals.

I doubt there's anything that could change now as to whether to stay in GWS or leave. It's just down to which club will he move to.
Not necessarily. If he comes back, everything clicks between Taranto, Kelly, Hopper, Conigs, Whitfield etc and they go deep into finals or even win the flag...he'd be really enticed to stay right? Be part of something special.

If they crash out against the dogs in round 1 (very possible), perhaps that seals his decision that the list is going nowhere under Leon Cameron.

They will Yo-Yo in and out of finals contention for the next half-decade, as they have been doing for the last 3 seasons.
Finished top 4 last year. Add an in form O'Meara, Wingard and Coniglio and they can do the same thing.

Finished top 4 last year. Add an in form O'Meara, Wingard and Coniglio and they can do the same thing.

Keep in mind the mass of players they have that are concurrently declining with every year that elapses.

A bit like a patient who is actively bleeding, sure we can replace the blood loss, but if the rate of replacement equals the rate of bleeding (without bleeding source control), they won't improve.

That's how I see Hawthorn progressing, particularly given the lack of young talent coming through.

They would rather not do the same thing though. They lost both finals, then their fitness guru Russell. They had O’Meara.

Adding Wingard helped beat the Eagles but little else, Mitchell is definitely a big loss but they didn’t win a final with him In 2018. So it’s not clear that they’ll be top 4 (losing retirees but potentially gaining Coniglio and regaining Mitchell).

Heard from a friend who’s dad has very close connections to reality. Said we are not going to get any official news on cogs at least until gws are out of the finals.

Is your friend called Barass70Jnr?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people want to trade Harry Mac? Outside of goal finishing he's been excellent late in the year, getting up on the wing taking marks down the line and taking them inside 50. He's a beast and anyone who doesn't think so is a moran.

I love Harry and do not want to trade him.

But people need to relax. The trade idea involved trading Harry (and pick) for Grundy. It's not all the gold in Fort Knox for a bag of magic beans.

Our long-term KPFs: Charlie, Harry, McGov, TDK (fwd/ruck?)

Our long-term rucks: TDK (fwd/ruck?)

Over the next 2-3 years, swapping out Harry for Grundy would make us a better team. Grundy is neck and neck with Cripps as the best player in the league IMO.

Again, not saying we do that trade. Or that we should trade Harry at all. Or that I would accept less than 3 first rounders for Harry. BUT I can understand where BrisbaneCFC is coming from.

If I could pick between two list managers; A) Let's keep all our good players, no matter what or B) Let's try and recruit what we are missing and sell high what we have somewhat of a surplus of......My heart likes A, but my head says B brings more success.

Continued from ^^^

If someone says Cripps is crap and should be traded for a 3rd rounder, feel free to question their sanity. And/or put them on ignore.

But if someone says Cripps is a beast, but they would trade Cripps for Grundy and DeGoey? By all means you can disagree (strongly), but maybe skip the attitude and name-calling.

Some posters fall in love with players, others would happily auction them off to the highest bidder if they thought it would help the club.

Neither approach is correct. And I think there should be room for both to co-exist on here.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back