Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they? One has stagnated, one averages 6 games a year and the rest in the rehab clinic and the other hasn't even made the first team yet.
One has been played all over the place and trained through pre-season as a midfielder, one is talented and was flogged in the first half of the season, and the other was on a massive tear with their form towards the end of the season.

If we were just banking on one of them, I could understand your view, but they are three talented players with genuine forward tricks. Happy to have them as permanent forwards next year at some level, especially when there is better quality on offer at pick 8 than what Papley will give us over the next 5 years.

Liddle has stated that the aim is for 75,000 members next year. I reckon an Eddie Betts return to the Blues would be worth at least 3000 to 5000 members, just for the romantic factor, if the club does it right.
Sounds nice, but I dont think so
Most of Eddie's Blues fan would be existing members not new members

We can rule out wines. His manager came out today and said he’s 100% staying at port. Article in the advertiser behind a paywall

Lol. Wouldn't believe it for a second

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today’s Bluemour Quiz multi choice question:

So, when McCartney met with SoS over lunch/coffee recently was it?

(a) Out at Westfield
(b) Out of left field
(c) About players including Whitfield
(d) (b) and (c) only

The current jackpot stands at $1.3m per year.

Can’t see it. Sorry. Best mate just signed @GWS.

How did you work that out?
You really think that there are 5000 new members that will sign up because of Eddie? Getting any new member is hard enough, but that many new members just for one player is a dream

Last edited:
J.Martin manager-posturing.

‘Dogs leading race but would like to play for Carlton’

Translates to

Blues just pay another 100k and his all yours.

Sos-GFY!
Where did he say that?

When does Petracca play midfield?

I don't see Wines as an A-Grader - Cripps, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Martin, Neale....but not Wines.
The term gets bandied about somewhat loosely, but ask Port whether they see Wines as an A-Grader.
Reckon most would be thrilled to net the two first rounders for him, that we somehow seem to be willing to let go for him.
What do you have against Wines Harker? Are you more of a beer or spirits kinda guy 😋

Mitch Cleary on SEN claiming (IIRC):
Betts will go to Carlton for a R2 Pick because Crow fans would go nuts if he went for less - guffaws all round from everyone in the studio.
Dogs in front for J Martin @ $6-700K per year - more guffaws.....
Does Cleary seriously think that SOS would give up R2 for Betts - where has he been for the last 5 years????

Lol more likely we pick up Eddie’s tab for a year or 2 and they give us a R2 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back