Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearly there is no hard and fast rule. It depends on list state and the calibre of the potential recycled coach.
Exactly.
If you sort through data of coaches it so hard to win a premiership there is no magic recipe for success in whether a first time or recycled coach.
It can happen either way.

The match committee who didn’t pick him in the best 22 despite a long injury list and the list management team, who have supposedly offered him a 1 year deal.
Smacks of, we are getting a new coaching infrastructure Let’s see how you go when the support structure changes and we will reassess.
If I’m any of these young players, I’m cracking into the off-season and coming back in ripping shape to demand attention from Match Committee and coaching staff. Goes for all playing group but especially for the SPS, Dow types who seem to be on the fringes. Great opportunity to reset your career without having to move.

Smacks of, we are getting a new coaching infrastructure Let’s see how you go when the support structure changes and we will reassess.
If I’m any of these young players, I’m cracking into the off-season and coming back in ripping shape to demand attention from Match Committee and coaching staff. Goes for all playing group but especially for the SPS, Dow types who seem to be on the fringes. Great opportunity to reset your career without having to move.
Problem is, if some clowns in list management trade guys that would really benefit from better support structure at this club and trade them for way cheaper than what we invested time and draft sources into them. Wish we had a coach in place before trade period but it not looking likely right now.

There have been times where it has worked though.

David Parkin to Carlton from hawthorn.

Clearly there is no hard and fast rule. It depends on list state and the calibre of the potential recycled coach.
Spot on.

Matthews - Collingwood and Lions.

Blight - Geelong and Adelaide.

PS: Parko from Hawks to Carlton to Fitzroy back to Carlton!

I still rate Fagan. Losing Mcstay and Hipwood was huge for the Lions. They are still in good shape moving forward and he has really changed the whole fabric of our club. Let's not forget we were down the bottom with them not so long ago. Fagans ability to develop young talented players into tough, hard and uncompromising football is exceptional. The players seem to love and respect him as a mentor.

We'd take him in a heartbeat

I don’t disagree with you in regards to the development and that he’s loved and respected. But when a team finishes top 4 the last three years and finals record is 1 win, 5 losses, i question the game day coaching.

The president admitted that far to much information is leaking from the club so. In fairness, I agree that not everything reported in the media is a leak. Plenty is just made up or just assumed.
Ok mate. I didnt see where Sayers said that. News to me. If true then I apologize.

Seems a bit odd he would say that.
Just opinions on my part

No. Clarkson will be our next Coach. Club to pay half his 2022 salary and signing him up on 5 year deal. 👍🏻
Don't know who you are, but it's Sunday so I'm taking your word as gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you consider 63yo to be old, then he's old.
Just for some context. Bill Belichick one of the greatest coaches in NFL History still going strong at 69yo.
7x Premiership coach 71yo Wayne Bennett has South Sydney in the NRL top 4 this year.

Yep, Fergy and Wenger were old too, Chocco has been out of the job quite a while too, maybe the AFL is ageist, we do seem to prioritise new coaches, have a look at the ages of the last 20 premiership coaches, no old blokes.

From what we know my assumption is that Clarko and Cook are the expected duo until anything comes out to the contrary/either camp come out and reject this publicly themselves which has not occurred. The issue with tightening up leaks is the press has to just make sh*t up to window dress their narrative.

Spot on.

Matthews - Collingwood and Lions.

Blight - Geelong and Adelaide.

PS: Parko from Hawks to Carlton to Fitzroy back to Carlton!
Blight also coached at North before Geelong.
Actually won his first premiership in his third stint as a coach at different clubs.

From what we know my assumption is that Clarko and Cook are the expected duo until anything comes out to the contrary/either camp come out and reject this publicly themselves which has not occurred. The issue with tightening up leaks is the press has to just make sh*t up to window dress their narrative.
How do you know that Garters?
Do you have a source too?

From what we KNOW Clarkson has said no and won't be coaching next year, hence the establishment of the coaching panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back