Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s what I think but who knows. If he has, I’d go to him and say we’ll give you an extra year and put another 100k on his contract

So, 500-600 or whatever he’s on for one year, becomes a 2 year contract for say 300 per season. We can reassess at the end of it and he can cash in again if he can stay fit for 12 months

Surely that’s fair for all parties? He’s given the sum parts of bugger all for 4 years now and finally looked great, only to get injured again. This covers us and also gives him a chance to get his career back on track
He’d be more than aware of premiership success and players wanting in
Amazing times the blues have
We will smash the swans
I honestly thing 5-7 goals
Go my blues !

What do you think of Tom Boyd's contract?
Oh man, one example of an horrific contract turning out ok on the back of one finals series and that means we can’t say that McGovern hasn’t lived up to expectations apparently

The initial contract being for 5 years and he’s given us nothing for the first 80% of it so far. I get not wanting to criticise anything a Carlton player puts up because we love 'em, but that’s a bridge too far for me

Oh man, one example of an horrific contract turning out ok on the back of one finals series and that means we can’t say that McGovern hasn’t lived up to expectations apparently

The initial contract being for 5 years and he’s given us nothing for the first 80% of it so far. I get not wanting to criticise anything a Carlton player puts up because we love 'em, but that’s a bridge too far for me
No, he's likely a bust.
But if he wins a flag, nobody is going to care.

Gov and Williams never lived up to their contracts
Heck that’s footy
Amd they as individuals aren’t to blame nor the club as that’s the way it rolls sometimes in life
But no more recruiting injury prone players with egos thinking they can make them good
So smart recruiting now

Actually we can place some blame on the club for offering injury prone players large, long term contracts.

No, he's likely a bust.
But if he wins a flag, nobody is going to care.
I’ll always say he did nothing for 4 years because they are the facts in front of us, they don’t change if he gets a premiership medal, that just allows us fans to feel better about him doing nothing for those first 4 years

It’s actually a little comical to me, this, as I think he’s a gun but his body is letting him down after years of not looking after it properly. I do not see what’s so egregious about saying so

Let's play along. Tall KP players at Essendon:

Draper (ruck)
Francis (def)
Ridley (def)
Stewart (who knows)
Hurley (def)
Wright (fwd)
Jones (fwd)
Bryan (ruck)
Zerk-Thatcher (def)
Baldwin (fwd)
Reid (def)
Eyre (def)
Phillips (ruck)
Brand (def)
McBride (fwd)

Holy s**t, almost half their list are KPP-size.

Draper, Wright and Ridley seem entrenched.
Stewart and Hurley don't interest me.
Phillips ain't coming back.
Would happily take Jones or Zerk-Thatcher as a "ready to go" option with scope for development.
Bryan, Baldwin, Eyre, Brand and McBride would come cheap, but hard to see them being anything but depth, and not great depth at that.
Taking Reid off their hands after they drafted him with the Saad pick would be hilarious.

Haha Dodo went a bit over the top with his correction in needing to bring in some kpps.

None of the forwards should want to come to us imo as they have no hope of being best 22. But being our depth is better than essendons depth I guess.

Most realistic one for me is Zerk Thatcher. Young enough but doesn't seem that good...depth at Bombers so may be ok being depth at a better team. Still might be worth a look.

James Stewart as a stop gap if he's over his injuries.

Would be a shock if any of the others I'd be interested in would leave as they are best 22...but it does happen like Saad.

Cant say I know much about guys like Eyre, Brand and McBride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With contracts in the AFL, from a player perspective there is a senior games played component in their contracts right? If so, does McGovern’s payments become substantially lower given the inability to get on the park? Or, is it a huge base salary with small incrementals for matches played? Or, is it simply a base salary?

I’d just like to apologise to all on this board for being here. I’ve really enjoyed this place since joining up in the summer of Judd in 2007, it’s just the last couple years, especially lately, it just feels like a vacuum of either hate, argumentative behaviour or moral superiority. I just don’t like stuff like that

But no one needs to hear me whine about people not respecting other peoples opinions all the time, that’s just as bad as those who do the disrespecting

So I’m off. It’s been a blast, we are 7-2 for the first time since 96, these might turn out to be truly special times again and we all deserve that after the last 20 years. Try and enjoy them though, not get weighed down in everything else

Might pop my head back in after we win a flag, surely it’ll be safe to do so then ;)
I hope you change your mind- your insights are really valuable on our board

Play nice thanks folks.

No need for personal attacks, insults and so on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & it shouldn’t be too much to ask to respect each other’s opinion.

We are 7-2 FFS & have had a fabulous start to the season to date.
Wise head there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back